What a summer !

bunbury61

No I'm from Scotland but living In rainy Lake District for a while. I'm coming out to aus on a WHV next year. A try before I buy lol got a feeling I'll struggle with the weather

Whatever you do, make sure you get a place with proper aircon and if you can swing it ceiling fans as well. Another thing to look out for is cooling vents in the roof, or whirlybirds, as they are called. These things make a massive difference to the internal temperature of your home, no exaggeration.

Global warming means there will be an extra cold winter in the UK.

It is beautiful spring weather here in Sydney over the weekend, sunny, not too hot, and I'd go to the beach if I did not have 'the mother of all colds!'

Tend to disagree MR ....very mild last year ......playing golf in a polo shirt in the UK IN MID OCTOBER , as I was today ...blokes sat outside having a beer after the game ......it all depends on the position of the jet stream ......last year the U.S copped it , and we didn't fingers crossed ....19c in London this weekend ...mild and wet .......

I should be looking a bit closer to home for the snow if I was you :wink:

Tend to disagree MR ....very mild last year ......playing golf in a polo shirt in the UK IN MID OCTOBER , as I was today ...blokes sat outside having a beer after the game ......it all depends on the position of the jet stream ......last year the U.S copped it , and we didn't fingers crossed ....19c in London this weekend ...mild and wet .......

I should be looking a bit closer to home for the snow if I was you :wink:

p.s ...if the winter is record breakingly cold ....I will try to keep my moans in context ....weve had a very good summer and autumn ...no complaints

Guest Guest 47403
Yeah we had about 5 weeks of sunshine! Trouble is when the weekend arrives it usually rains.

Typical UK summer! A WA spring is just the same beautiful all week then rain at the weekend!

We don't have a fire here in uk VS, admittedly we do have CH but try and keep it off as long as possible and put one of our fleeces on to save, we have plenty of thick walking socks and outdoor clothing. When people put CH on over here it's usually 2 months later we put it on.

Left my flat in London yesterday to go to the football wearing jeans, jacket etc, had to turn around to put shorts and flip flops on. I used to hate that so was quite disappointed when in Melbourne I found that I'd moved to somewhere even more unpredictable than England.

My wife has friends who live in Melbourne and love it, might be a place we'll try if Perth is not for us.

My wife has friends who live in Melbourne and love it, might be a place we'll try if Perth is not for us.

They are different types of inconsistency. In London you might have a couple days of 30C, then a week of drizzle. Or in the winter it'll be freezing for weeks then somehow you'll get a mild weekend even in January. However, within any day the weather is fairly constant. If anything it even felt slight warmer yesterday evening than in the afternoon. In Melbourne the change was within a day, it could be 35C on a summer day but within a few hours drop to 15C. And the opposite in winter...freezing in the nights and early morning but by midday could be 20C.

People always say you get four seasons in one day but personally I didn't really know what this meant until living in it.

It is grey, cold and raining here in WA. A perfect day for curling up in front of a fire. Except of course WA houses don't have fires!

Nothing to stop you having one though. I've been in plenty with wood burning stoves. We have one but haven't used it for 20 years. It was grey and raining on Saturday but nowhere near cold enough to have a fire on. Mind you we are 60Km further North so it might have been a lot warmer.

It is grey, cold and raining here in WA. A perfect day for curling up in front of a fire. Except of course WA houses don't have fires!

"You think?"