Is the 'Pacific Solution' unravelling?

Harpodom

Yes, that democratic country based on throwing off its original inhabitants of a few thousand years to establish itself by terroism aided and abetted by American and English jews who continue to support and demand the support of their respective governments under threat of them withdrawing their financial support from them.

This beacon of idealistic democracy which carries out collective punishments of the arab populace, which demolishes the houses of families where members are deemed to have been involved in terroist activities such as street protests, which arbitarily withholds power supplies from the arab areas, refuses to pay monies over to the arab townships, and blockades essential supplies to the arabs, and also detains without notification large numbers of children in adult prisons, is that the burning bright democracy that you are talking about, the one that allows it's zealot settlers to run around with Uzi machine pistols ripping out arab olive trees so they can build their settlements on it it in defiance of all international agreements is that the democracy you're referring to.

Bit of an anti-semetism coming through there BTD.:rolleyes:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ok then we'll just excuse them and close our eyes and pretend that all the troubles across the arab world have not grown out of that one act of allowing the zionists to take over another peoples land by force.

Two wrongs never make a right..

How typical to allow all those other countries to blame all their troubles on Israel. If Israed disappeared off the face of the Earth, it would not make a scrap of difference to peace in The Middle East.

There is no difference between a Christian democratic bullet and a Muslim autocratic bullet, they both kill you.

If it was up to me, the Western democracies would leave The Middle East to itself. The crazy thing is the way that there are people who hate America so much they regret that 'Hitlers' like Quadaffi and Sadaam are not still in power, despite the numbers of their own people they killed.

Rather typical reaction I suppose in the I'm alright Jack sort of way.

You don't have to be smug and pleased with yourself to live here.....but it helps! :smile:

I not only believe it I know it to be true. Further more staff are heavily censored . To treat the matter of sexual abuse of minors even if the ill treatment of adults does nothing to stimulate your better more humane side perhaps you need some searching inwardly into the person you have become?

I'm not interested in subjective rubbish from The Guardian, Fairfax and the ABC, who all adopt the policy of 'print or publish first, then worry about the truth later.' It is all the fault of the previous government anyway, for changing a successful policy, which encouraged thousands of illegal immigrants to pay people smugglers and risk their lives on unseaworthy boats. And the plain facts are that far more of them died under the previous government.

If it was up to me, the Western democracies would leave The Middle East to itself. The crazy thing is the way that there are people who hate America so much they regret that 'Hitlers' like Quadaffi and Sadaam are not still in power, despite the numbers of their own people they killed.

All in favour of that but that has to include no further financial or military aid to Israel and no further arms sales to Saudi Arabia.

No, a bit of anti Israel coming thro there, that is how Israel smears all of its critics and i am in favour of the truth rather than the story that Israel peddles about how it's so hard done by.

All the Middle Eastern countries 'peddle' stories and 'smear their critics.' The one difference with Israel is that they still have a free press, have a million Arab citizens with full voting rights, and still encourage criticism within their borders. No other country in The Middle East does this.

All in favour of that but that has to include no further financial or military aid to Israel and no further arms sales to Saudi Arabia.

I imagine that Israel can look after itself, and as for Saudi Arabia, well, it is 'all about the oil', without which our Western economies would fail.

[/b]

You don't have to be smug and pleased with yourself to live here.....but it helps! :smile:

Why shouldn't we be pleased with ourselves if we live in Australia. Look at what we achieved - still relatively small population - 23 million - one of the world's best economies, and a fully functioning democracy, and you can't even use the standard excuse that 'we exploited the Third World' to make ourselves rich, because we started off as a colony too.

No wonder so many people want to move here.

Why shouldn't we be pleased with ourselves if we live in Australia. Look at what we achieved - still relatively small population - 23 million - one of the world's best economies, and a fully functioning democracy, and you can't even use the standard excuse that 'we exploited the Third World' to make ourselves rich, because we started off as a colony too.

No wonder so many people want to move here.

In spite of themselves (Donald Horne) Australia progressed with good luck and largely the sweat of the migrant. Do you feel that luck will continue in the region we find ourselves in? For most out history Asia barely existed. Just how/what will be our place in the new Order?

I'm not interested in subjective rubbish from The Guardian, Fairfax and the ABC, who all adopt the policy of 'print or publish first, then worry about the truth later.' It is all the fault of the previous government anyway, for changing a successful policy, which encouraged thousands of illegal immigrants to pay people smugglers and risk their lives on unseaworthy boats. And the plain facts are that far more of them died under the previous government.

Regardless of whether you are interested or not you chose to continue to put a particular point of view over on a post contrary to radical right wing argument with nothing to add but more of what a lot of people find despicable in the treatment of people.

I just hope Morrison and his cohorts are called to answer for their crimes against humanity. These posts make me realise the fight against the Right will be long and hard and little quarter given.

I imagine that Israel can look after itself, and as for Saudi Arabia, well, it is 'all about the oil', without which our Western economies would fail.

Actually Israel would not survive without the military and finacial aid provided by the US and would not survive without the massive aid given by extremely wealthy donors in the US and elsewhere, in particular by the Rothchild foundation, if it had to survive on its major export, agriculture and arms manufacture it would not be viable nor able to finance its settlement building.

In spite of themselves (Donald Horne) Australia progressed with good luck and largely the sweat of the migrant. Do you feel that luck will continue in the region we find ourselves in? For most out history Asia barely existed. Just how/what will be our place in the new Order?

Asia barely existed?! Which Asian countries are those? Most of them had civilisations going back before BC. It is telling that the ones that prosper are the same ones that adopted democratic values and don't blame the West for their misfortune.

Asia barely existed?! Which Asian countries are those? Most of them had civilisations going back before BC. It is telling that the ones that prosper are the same ones that adopted democratic values and don't blame the West for their misfortune.

Excuse me but would that encompass china, and i think Donald Horne was trying to allude to the fact that oz in middle to late 20th century hardly knew who it's asian neighbours were and was not trading with them but was still fixated on white europe and particularly the UK.

Also if you understood the effect of colonialism then you might again be able to better understand why those countries make those statements, from india with its millions of untouchables, sold out by the raj; to africa stripped first of its people for slavery then of of its gold and precious stone;,and on to china forced to allow the sale of opium to its people by the east india company, raised in the poppy fields of its farms in Afghanistan .

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

I think we should call it a day, it's like arguing with Donald Rumsfeld and Sarah Palin, the 'unknown unknowns' and just tell me again 'where is Nth Korea'?

You are without doubt right. Somehow we have drifted away from the intent of the threads, that being to soundly condemn the actions of the present government and their ongoing detention of children among other people in an out of sight out of mind policy.

A lot of posts though the damage through word and action on the mind set due to the ongoing policies that have been created, hardly created as always there to an extent, but made legit to express with disdain within large sections of the community and further how such policy can even have implications towards a successful multi cultural/racial nation.

Excuse me but would that encompass china, and i think Donald Horne was trying to allude to the fact that oz in middle to late 20th century hardly knew who it's asian neighbours were and was not trading with them but was still fixated on white europe and particularly the UK.

Also if you understood the effect of colonialism then you might again be able to better understand why those countries make those statements, from india with its millions of untouchables, sold out by the raj; to africa stripped first of its people for slavery then of of its gold and precious stone;,and on to china forced to allow the sale of opium to its people by the east india company, raised in the poppy fields of its farms in Afghanistan .

1 Did 'china' and our other asian neighbours know who THEIR South Pacific neighbour was in the mid 20th century? Did all these countries reach out to Australia, only to be rejected?

2 Even if that was true, why did it matter? WHY do we have to know our immediate neighbours.

3 Why shouldn't Australia be fixed on white Europe, particularly Britain? Have you ever wondered why we are communicating in English? Why Australia has the same political/legal/medical, etc institutions as Britain? Perhaps, you think Australia would be a better place if it swapped those institutions for Asian ones, eg dictatorship/communism/corruption

4 If colonialism is bad, why wasn't it bad for Australia, New Zealand and Canada? Why weren't all those countries stripped of their riches by nasty Britain?

5 What have the millions of untouchables got to do with Britain? The caste system existed for centuries before Britain even knew India existed.

6 If Britain stripped Africa of all its gold and precious stone, then why does South Africa still have so much of those commodities? Why does Nigeria have so much oil?

7 Yes, the slave trade was abhorent but it was Britain which eventually abolished it, and slavery still exists in many countries.

8 Why should all these countries be able to blame Britain for their problems anyway? Zimbabwe, just to give one example, had plenty of riches at independence, and it was their own incompetence and corruption which made them poor.

9 If Britain was to re-colonise those countries, they would soon be rich and profitable again.

10 At various times in its history, Britain was invaded, conquered andd enslaved, by Romans to Normans. Why was Britain not impoverished by this? Why aren't we ashamed of that part of our history? Why aren't we allowed to blame all our problems on those countries that invaded us?

Sometimes I think you are too strict about sticking to thread topics. When people are discussing something, and even as they are disagreeing with each other, other topics come into our minds. It is part of being human surely? Someone says one thing and it triggers a thought on something else. It is like Googling something. You see a link to something else and follow the link and on and on (Six degrees of separation?) yesterday someone posted a link to a magazine which I followed, commented on, then went back to the article and read the magazine itself.

Personally, when I start a thread, I don't mind where it goes to. That is all part of the fun.

I don't mind when the thread diverts from the topic into something vaguely related or connected and none of those instances have been deleted. It's a different case altogether when it descends into petty bickering, personal insults and sniping as has been the case with this thread.