Is the 'Pacific Solution' unravelling?

Harpodom

If climate change is a reality then perhaps Australia will suffer more because it is flatter than many other countries so will flood first and we will all be clamouring to be allowed into ? Indonesia? I'm not worried about that tho. Why should I? I am a Flat Earther ! Then again, people from 1st world democracies rarely flee their own countries. I wonder why that is?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Amelie
What needs to be done is for the world to address the problems in their home countries.

We need to go in and wipe out ISIS and a lot of these problems will disappear.

Unfortunately, ISIS is likely to be an issue for at least a generation ….

Don't worry Harpo. Just wait another year and Labor will return to government, ending your personal nightmare.

If climate change is a reality then perhaps Australia will suffer more because it is flatter than many other countries so will flood first and we will all be clamouring to be allowed into ? Indonesia? I'm not worried about that tho. Why should I? I am a Flat Earther ! Then again, people from 1st world democracies rarely flee their own countries. I wonder why that is?

O Yes they will when there is no water and dust storms are the order of the day and water is the new oil to be exploited by the hedge funds.

Unfortunately, ISIS is likely to be an issue for at least a generation ….

Longer than a generation, the desire for a caliphate has been a part of the Muslim faith for centuries, the Mahdi and the taking of Khartoum in 1881 and the killing of Gordon and his troops was one example.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

Guest Amelie
Longer than a generation, the desire for a caliphate has been a part of the Muslim faith for centuries, the Mahdi and the taking of Khartoum in 1881 and the killing of Gordon and his troops was one example.

…good point...

Climate change is a definite reality. The UNHCR program was built on refugees fleeing first world countries after WW2. Followed later by those escaping Eastern Europe.

Aussies in need of refuge at some future date would of course return to the country of their ancestors. (for the most part)

In the SMH today it says there is a housing shortage for "battered migrant women" (who often come from cultures where women are considered inferior.)

Obviously we need more resources just to look after our present level of migration. How would we deal with increased numbers?

Ref to Nauru, a failed state which depends entirely on Australia for its income seems to me an alternative to simply bringing them all to Australia as refugees which presumably Harpo would like?

Likely a darn sight cheaper . Only a years intake as stands.Every chance Australia will in coming decades be taking environmental refugees from islands like Kiribati as well.

O Yes they will when there is no water and dust storms are the order of the day and water is the new oil to be exploited by the hedge funds.

So climate change is your 'religion', and whilst for my nominal denomination - RC - I call myself 'agnostic', for climate change, I am proudly 'Dawkinsiest.'

Guest Amelie
But there are often reasons behind things if not excuses.

A so-called 'humanitarian' organisation based in the UK known as CAGE, provide a list reasons for their existence backed by apologists...

I hope he got enough to retire on, but i doubt it andBolt willl just go on and do it again because Murdoch continues to make money off his lies, there needs to be the threat of prison for these bully boys in order to stop it.

I should qualify that by saying that it is only current amongst certain sects in the Muslim faith, a bit like parts of the Christian church in the usa

I hope he got enough to retire on, but i doubt it andBolt willl just go on and do it again because Murdoch continues to make money off his lies, there needs to be the threat of prison for these bully boys in order to stop it.

Yep. It seems the MO of the Murdoch press is to do maximal 'damage' regardless of facts, then when found out, retract the headline and hope that the $hit sticks.

Strange that Bolt went after Newhouse so aggressively, after all, as a human rights lawyer, he was just doing his job of trying to halt the govt's slide into fascism. If not for his actions, those 157 Tamil asylum seekers would have been handed back to SL and arrested for 'illegally leaving the country'. Of the original party of 41 who were refouled, some have already been granted refugee status by the UNHCR. No thanks to Australia.

We see this pattern across the Murdoch press (eg the Telegraph's 'Truth Overboard' bollocks and The Australian's attacks on Triggs) and the Abbott govt, from Morrison and Brandis in particular.

Anybody would think News Corpse and the govt were one and the same! Strange, innit?

Guest Amelie
Always good to be aware of all sides of an argument rather than only those that feed our preferences.

There are no excuses for a sick and psychotic ideology. I wonder if those who directly suffer in the hands of their extreme psychotic actions should look into and accept their side of their argument? I also wonder if those whose religion has been used as a smokescreen with a twisted set of ideologies should accept their side of their argument?

This thread must be a very intriguing read for individuals who are outside of the PomsinOz community….specifically for those who are 'researching' for very good reasons in terms of their national interest.

Yep. It seems the MO of the Murdoch press is to do maximal 'damage' regardless of facts, then when found out, retract the headline and hope that the $hit sticks.

Strange that Bolt went after Newhouse so aggressively, after all, as a human rights lawyer, he was just doing his job of trying to halt the govt's slide into fascism. If not for his actions, those 157 Tamil asylum seekers would have been handed back to SL and arrested for 'illegally leaving the country'. Of the original party of 41 who were refouled, some have already been granted refugee status by the UNHCR. No thanks to Australia.

We see this pattern across the Murdoch press (eg the Telegraph's 'Truth Overboard' bollocks and The Australian's attacks on Triggs) and the Abbott govt, from Morrison and Brandis in particular.

Anybody would think News Corpse and the govt were one and the same! Strange, innit?

Why did Triggs only decide to investigate the detention camps after Abbott came to power when those camps had existed for six years already?

Here is an interesting tidbit that Harpo already knows but never mentions because it involves his heroes at Fairfax.

"Fairfax has paid out one of the largest defamation settlements in history for claiming an innocent teenager was a terrorist. $500 000.

And another hero Of his Crikey has had to publicise some apologies.

Harpo would like u to think that it is only Rupert who screws up! Fortunately I am here!