Is the 'Pacific Solution' unravelling?

Harpodom

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brutality hasn't though. I note no calls to show compassion know the boats if not stopped at least substantially slowed.

The last boat that made it to Australia was about 18 months ago.

So lets just agree they are stopped.

At least until September 2016.

The brutality hasn't though. I note no calls to show compassion know the boats if not stopped at least substantially slowed.

Not to worry, Harpo. They will all be sent back soon and the camps will close. Just think, if Rudd had just stuck with the proven Howard policies, none of this would have happened. No boats, no people drowned. no camps, and Australia would have carried on with its annual offical refugee intake, and nobody would have minded.

Who is to say that the trouble in the camps is always 100 per cent the fault of the staff, or the people who live in Nauru or PNG? The inhabitants have never been exactly blameless.

Last boat detected a week or so back. I do agree the entire system in place darkens Australia's once good name in compassion and humanitarian delivery, and both sides of Australia's political system are depraved in their policy.

Hardly generalising or making excuses when the results are self evident to all us in the area. Besides there are reports galore from varied sources describing outcomes within detention centres and those left stranded within the community.

I don't see why you bother answering with regards an issue that obviously you care little about as well as residing in another country.

It is a major issue for many thinking people in Australia as well as for those that have to deal with the results of treatment incurred.

What's with your fetish with regards waving? You could just as well bare your breasts as is in vogue in Europe and be a real Fem Liberator.

Sorry, I didnt realise people that don't share the same view as you can't 'think'.

Who is to say that the trouble in the camps is always 100 per cent the fault of the staff, or the people who live in Nauru or PNG? The inhabitants have never been exactly blameless.

Probably the staff that work there, the doctors, the aid workers and those that at great threat to future prospects have dared to speck out on behalf of those unable. Blameless? Are you serious? Locked up without committing a crime for eighteen months in many cases, with little information and poor welfare. I'd say they are very constrained if anything.

Last boat detected a week or so back. I do agree the entire system in place darkens Australia's once good name in compassion and humanitarian delivery, and both sides of Australia's political system are depraved in their policy.

Have any evidence you care to share, or do I just have to trust you.

If this is all true, then I can't see too many people wanting to risk their lives and savings paying people smugglers to take them to OZ! I'd sooner go to North Korea.

Sorry, I didnt realise people that don't share the same view as you can't 'think'.

Those that can think yet still cannot express disdain and revulsion at ill treatment of kids and people that have committed no crime then deserve to be called other names for sure. I was attempting politeness by suggesting only thinking people would suggest otherwise. A lot of evil exists without doubt.

If this is all true, then I can't see too many people wanting to risk their lives and savings paying people smugglers to take them to OZ! I'd sooner go to North Korea.

People risk all in order to seek asylum. As well you know. If not Australia then another destination but flee they will. Are you serious about PDK? Love to see it.

People risk all in order to seek asylum. As well you know. If not Australia then another destination but flee they will. Are you serious about PDK? Love to see it.

It's just that if Australia is as vile as you say it is, and we get a world-wide reputation for that vileness, why would asylum seekers (still) want to come to Australia? I mean, they will see the publicity about being carted off to 'concentration camps' off the coast of Australia and think 'bugger that.' I'd rather stay where I am, talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.'

I should not be surprised if even the 'offical refugees' start getting second thoughts?

Would I want to go to North Korea? Or any other 'vile' country? Of course not. I believe what I read in the papers and on the news. Maybe asylum seekers do the same thing?

Edited by MARYROSE02

Guest Amelie
Hardly generalising or making excuses when the results are self evident to all us in the area. Besides there are reports galore from varied sources describing outcomes within detention centres and those left stranded within the community.

I don't see why you bother answering with regards an issue that obviously you care little about as well as residing in another country.

It is a major issue for many thinking people in Australia as well as for those that have to deal with the results of treatment incurred.

What's with your fetish with regards waving? You could just as well bare your breasts as is in vogue in Europe and be a real Fem Liberator.

Interesting how 'rules' don't actually apply to you Harpodom.

You are the individual I have come across who has made excuses for ISIS.

All of this discussion is going to be pointless soon, oz businesses are going to be demanding cheap labour the way the oz economy is heading, iron ore prices at the lowest for 10 years and the bank about to cut interest rates even further.

Businesses are going to be begging the govt to release the refugees to break the stranglehold of the unions just like they have used cheap labour from eastern europe to break the unions here, there hasn't been a big strike here in the 15 months we've been back and students are as docile as lambs for fear of a note on their records.

Oz is about to face the consequences of squandering millions on keeping perfectly employable people in squalor, another few months and the figures simply won't stack up for this or any other govt, there will be a lot of weasel words but there will be a reversal in policy and i would put good money on it being shortly after the next election, watch out for lots of promises about no increases in income tax, first after the election there will be an increase in sales tax and then the weasel words will start about a reversal on the refugee policy and how all those nasty people at the UN are making us take them in and give them jobs .

Any takers, any body willing to give odds and start a book.

All of this discussion is going to be pointless soon, oz businesses are going to be demanding cheap labour the way the oz economy is heading, iron ore prices at the lowest for 10 years and the bank about to cut interest rates even further.

Businesses are going to be begging the govt to release the refugees to break the stranglehold of the unions just like they have used cheap labour from eastern europe to break the unions here, there hasn't been a big strike here in the 15 months we've been back and students are as docile as lambs for fear of a note on their records.

Oz is about to face the consequences of squandering millions on keeping perfectly employable people in squalor, another few months and the figures simply won't stack up for this or any other govt, there will be a lot of weasel words but there will be a reversal in policy and i would put good money on it being shortly after the next election, watch out for lots of promises about no increases in income tax, first after the election there will be an increase in sales tax and then the weasel words will start about a reversal on the refugee policy and how all those nasty people at the UN are making us take them in and give them jobs .

Any takers, any body willing to give odds and start a book.

A few things you have mentioned will be a no brained come election time and just after it. Other than that I hope you don't drop that crystal ball of yours, don't play with it too much!

If you can't back up your allegations with a link, please refrain from posting them.

You just waste everyone's time and lose credibility.

I don't feel the need to search out a week old news item of rather limited importance. For once try and prove me wrong on something of substance and I will show you links enough to bathe in.

It's just that if Australia is as vile as you say it is, and we get a world-wide reputation for that vileness, why would asylum seekers (still) want to come to Australia? I mean, they will see the publicity about being carted off to 'concentration camps' off the coast of Australia and think 'bugger that.' I'd rather stay where I am, talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.'

I should not be surprised if even the 'offical refugees' start getting second thoughts?

Would I want to go to North Korea? Or any other 'vile' country? Of course not. I believe what I read in the papers and on the news. Maybe asylum seekers do the same thing?

Vile is your word. Not mine. You may yet become a little more philosophical into newspaper content as your study progresses.