Your next holiday

HappyHeart

Don't really miss holidays as much as I used to in the UK. Me and the wife had been used to going to Spain, Portugal, Greece or somewhere else we were guaranteed some sun, usually for about 4 weeks a year. I had been used to doing that from being a teenager until I got married and had kids and a mortgage in my mid 30's. Came as a shock when we couldn't afford it those first couple of years of being married. First time in my life I got thinking is this as good as it gets. We were both working in good jobs too.

Here at least we can have a good break every weekend, even through winter and any time off I quite like staying at home and having a few days at the local beach, where my surf ski is, going to Hillarys, wineries, breweries, Swan Valley, Fremantle, Scarborough, go to a few restaurants we haven't tried.

We have booked a holiday in Bali for next month and our youngest said he didn't want to come with us. We've been used to taking him everywhere as he has autism and gets a but panicky when he's been left on his own in the past. He was adamant he didn't want to come this time and he would be OK. His elder brothers at home from FIFO for all but one night so we are hoping it will be fine.

We realised when we were booking it we've not been away together, without kids for something like 25 years. We are really looking forward to it.:cool:

I am considering options for a mini break at Christmas / New Year, in the running is Hayman Island, Uluru, Hobart, Gold Coast (i.e. domestic). Next big holiday will be US next year, New York and Florida. I don't usually take more than 2 weeks at a time, maybe 2 weeks and 2 days or something, that would be once a year and for the rest of the year it is long weekends or maybe a week off sometime.

Decided to stay in Australia . Next one is this Oct with our Probus group - Swan Hill. Then next year we are off up to FNQueensland (again) with friends. Originally we were going to Malaysia but changed our minds.

Talking of Malaysia, there are some fantastic flight deals from Air Asia at the moment to that part of the world

Camping Fossicking Fishing Photographing and Fun.

Mackay to The Kimberlies and Northern Territory to see more of this wild and marvellous country.

Again.

Then hope to meet up with a wonderful family for camping and fossicking for opals.

Cheers, Bobj.

We've just got back from a month in Europe celebrating our silver wedding (renewed our vows at the Eiffel Tower), our next break is a weekend in Newcastle to celebrate our anniversary with friends - it's where we met and since our friends are all over the UK, it was as good a place as any to have a party. Our next holiday will probably snowboarding in France, although it is my OH's 50th next year so it depends what he wants to do for that - a river cruise in Russia is being discussed but I'm not sure it is 'us' especially with a 12 year old in tow, if we do decide on that though it'll be all we do next year! $$$$$

I love holidays and travel and I'm in my element planning them - just been sat at a friends looking for a hotel for her and her boyfriend, I should have been a travel agent :)

Wedding7.jpg

Wedding7.jpg

We've just got back from a month in Europe celebrating our silver wedding (renewed our vows at the Eiffel Tower), our next break is a weekend in Newcastle to celebrate our anniversary with friends - it's where we met and since our friends are all over the UK, it was as good a place as any to have a party. Our next holiday will probably snowboarding in France, although it is my OH's 50th next year so it depends what he wants to do for that - a river cruise in Russia is being discussed but I'm not sure it is 'us' especially with a 12 year old in tow, if we do decide on that though it'll be all we do next year! $$$$$

I love holidays and travel and I'm in my element planning them - just been sat at a friends looking for a hotel for her and her boyfriend, I should have been a travel agent :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26113[/ATTACH]

Congratulations LR to you and your OH.How romantic and what a great photo.You look stunning!:cute:

OH is off to the arse end of nowhere in Texas in Nov for her brothers wedding, so there goes a big slab of our funds.

We usually go away with the tent every school holidays, about 4 hours was our max as the kids were young and there was an hour of setup time at each end.

No we have a caravan longer trips are being planned. Setup time is about 2 minutes without the annex and I'm hoping only half an hour with it, so we can travel for a day, set up (without annex) in a few minutes, sleep and be away quickly the next morning. Everywhere between Adelaide and Sydney is now not safe.

The OH is already planning a trip to Perth just after Christmas next year, although I am not looking forward to driving that far in one go.

OH is off to the arse end of nowhere in Texas in Nov for her brothers wedding, so there goes a big slab of our funds.

We usually go away with the tent every school holidays, about 4 hours was our max as the kids were young and there was an hour of setup time at each end.

No we have a caravan longer trips are being planned. Setup time is about 2 minutes without the annex and I'm hoping only half an hour with it, so we can travel for a day, set up (without annex) in a few minutes, sleep and be away quickly the next morning. Everywhere between Adelaide and Sydney is now not safe.

The OH is already planning a trip to Perth just after Christmas next year, although I am not looking forward to driving that far in one go.

Don't think I would fancy that trip with kids. Could do it with just the missus and me I reckon, then you can stop when you feel like it. Kalbarri with the youngest was far enough for me.

Archived