Abbot govmint Gaffe Watch

Harpodom

solar panels are not hugely efficient, yet. but even with the technology found on many an Australian rooftop the large square below would be enough to power... the whole worlds current demand.

(small square is if panels reach 100% efficiency, impossible but there for reference)

wind farms would require much much less area, they produce much more than pv for a given area. and as an added bonus the land beneath them can still be used for farming etc.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27410[/ATTACH]

Fact is, until govts start representing the best interests of their electorate (ie acting as leaders not rulers) rather than that of their financial backers, this sort of manufacturing revolution will be kept in check...hence BS like 'the 'real' 20%', hence 'coal is good for humanity', hence 'wind farms are utterly offensive' etc.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Angry has put his foot in it again, this time saying he wouldn't trust govt owned submarine builder ASC to build a canoe.

It must be bad, Tony Abott has stepped in to defend them!

Extraordinarily crass choice of words for a govt minister to make. I think its only a matter of time before Mr Scary will annex his portfolio.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/26/tony-abbott-submarine-maker-defence-minister-canoe

Mr Angry has put his foot in it again, this time saying he wouldn't trust govt owned submarine builder ASC to build a canoe.

It must be bad, Tony Abott has stepped in to defend them!

Extraordinarily crass choice of words for a govt minister to make. I think its only a matter of time before Mr Scary will annex his portfolio.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/26/tony-abbott-submarine-maker-defence-minister-canoe

Sack him! What an appalling and stupid thing to say!! I scratch my head sometimes at the utter crassness of these people - so called politicians - whose wages WE are paying!

Sack him! What an appalling and stupid thing to say!! I scratch my head sometimes at the utter crassness of these people - so called politicians - whose wages WE are paying!

As I said, its only a matter of time before his portfolio just disappears altogether. There's a megalomaniac ready and waiting to do it for him under the sweeping auspices of 'the department of defence, border protection, immigration, law & order, communications and tourism'

Sack him! Sack her! Sack them all! Every politician, or anybody else who says the 'wrong' thing. What was he so angry about anyway? The usual BS about a business that is definitely NOT 'on time, and on budget?' I'll let you check the facts and report back to PIO, or do I have to do that myself? i.e. I bet that his wages are a lot less than the budget overuns for those ships?

Much more amusing is David Mellor's 'dummy spit' to a taxi driver in London, who secretly recorded it.

I personally would like to see him stay.

Bwa-hahahahahaha!

Sack him! Sack her! Sack them all! Every politician, or anybody else who says the 'wrong' thing. What was he so angry about anyway? The usual BS about a business that is definitely NOT 'on time, and on budget?' I'll let you check the facts and report back to PIO, or do I have to do that myself? i.e. I bet that his wages are a lot less than the budget overuns for those ships?

Much more amusing is David Mellor's 'dummy spit' to a taxi driver in London, who secretly recorded it.

Check this out, its incredible. The AG is acting very bizarrely in response to some very valid questions on the anti terror legislation, simply refusing to answer and acting as if the Greens senators aren't even in the same room.

Truly bizarre, and worrying that the man acting in this childish and contemptuous manner has so much power.

http://junkee.com/george-brandis-straight-up-refused-to-answer-questions-in-parliament-the-other-day/46038

Check this out, its incredible. The AG is acting very bizarrely in response to some very valid questions on the anti terror legislation, simply refusing to answer and acting as if the Greens senators aren't even in the same room.

Truly bizarre, and worrying that the man acting in this childish and contemptuous manner has so much power.

http://junkee.com/george-brandis-straight-up-refused-to-answer-questions-in-parliament-the-other-day/46038

Be aware of the terror that anti terror laws can bring. Absolutely disgusting that the AG can ignore quite valid questions. I fear for our future.

Anti terror laws, here we go!

the same thing happened in the states, and the whistle blower laws were so useless the only way a true patriot could do his service to protect the constitution, and make the american people aware, had to go to a british journalist to publicise it! their media and laws etc are so tied up to protect the people who are doing the spying because the general public would be outraged if they knew the truth.

this is an attractive road for a government, total information, milk and analyse everything but at what cost to us.

a government can do pretty much anything if they use the word terrorism in the title!

That's just extraordinary. The utter contempt that the man has for the democracy he is paid to uphold. Whatever next, having those who had the temerity to question him prosecuted? I mean, where does this stuff end?

That's just extraordinary. The utter contempt that the man has for the democracy he is paid to uphold. Whatever next, having those who had the temerity to question him prosecuted? I mean, where does this stuff end?

Well, this is the man who can have journalists prosecuted for reporting on what is deemed to be a matter of 'national security'.

A few weeks back he tried (and failed dismally) to reassure journalists that he had no intention of abusing his power to make arbitrary decisions which would result in them being locked up.

But after seeing this extremely arrogant display, you have to wonder don't you?

I think these people need reminding that they are paid through our taxes and as such, they are public servants answerable to us, not the other way round.

journalists are easy to control at a press conference, if they ask the real questions, the stuff the public need answers to, you remove their press pass and remove them from the building.

the remaining journalists 'get the picture' all done press kept in check.

makes a poli's life that little bit easier.

I don't mind if the Greens are treated as pariahs. Let's face it, the left would like to see the Murdoch press and media shut down.

I don't mind if the Greens are treated as pariahs. Let's face it, the left would like to see the Murdoch press and media shut down.

Not quite, the media play a vital role in a functional democracy. Investigative journalism acts as a moderator to politicians, letting the public know what they don't want us to know.

However is it quite easily and evidently possible to corrupt this system, to make a journalist nothing more than a PR machine for the governing party.

Australian, American and British Politics are working exactly as the politicians want it to, and as such are corrupt as hell.

Not quite, the media play a vital role in a functional democracy. Investigative journalism acts as a moderator to politicians, letting the public know what they don't want us to know.

However is it quite easily and evidently possible to corrupt this system, to make a journalist nothing more than a PR machine for the governing party.

Australian, American and British Politics are working exactly as the politicians want it to, and as such are corrupt as hell.

Tell me the last time that an Australian/American/British journalist was murdered by their respective governments? When our government has the control that Putin has, you can start to be worried.

Richard Nixon would have served his full term as a President, if it was not for journalists, and we would never hear about the likes of 'Pleb-gate' if it wasn't for journalists.

And who was it who exposed the rorting of expenses by MP's on both sides of the House in the UK?

Murder isn't subtle enough for the western way of doing things, it's rather basic and risks creating a martyr.

if nixon did the same thing today it would be classified. you would never know.

journalism is dead.

the only true line is on the internet, and the mainstream media portray them as 'conspiracy nuts' to discredit them.

Heather Brook made the freedom of information requests that resulted in the expenses scandal, until an outside journalist had made waves about it, no mainstream British paper would cover it, the telegraph included!

Parliament made huge effort to exempt themselves from the freedom of information act. Sound like the actions of a perfectly un-corruptible person?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_parliamentary_expenses_scandal

Archived