Drunken teens screamed 'Kill the Jews' at kids as young as five on Sydney school bus.

MARYROSE02

[h=1]Obviously, they were 'lowies', but I wish there was some way to 'export' them away from Australia.

Police with guns and security guards in bulletproof vests: The fallout from the teens who boarded a bus and screamed 'Kill the Jews' at children as young as five on their way home from a Sydney Jewish school[/h]

• Police officers and security guards were out in force at Sydney's Jewish schools on Thursday
  • It comes a day after children as young as five were threatened by eight young men who boarded their eastern Sydney school bus
  • The men screamed 'Heil Hitler' and 'Kill the Jews' as the Jewish children were on their way home from school
  • Five of the youths, believed to be aged between 15 and 17, were arrested on Thursday morning
  • A sixth youth, 14, was questioned last night

• Police set to re-interview the teenagers today and may lay charges
  • The teenagers were drunk at the time of the incident and that it was most likely a random attack

• Some of the boys were wearing partial school uniforms and using bus passes
  • Transit authorities say the attackers were from another school

• Security was beefed up at schools following the alleged attack
  • Worried parents have offered lifts to students via Facebook

ByKate Lyonsand Candace Sutton

Published: 01:34 AEST, 7 August 2014 | Updated: 03:46 AEST, 8 August 2014

516shares

View

comments

The day after a group of teenagers terrorised their peers, students of Sydney's Jewish colleges were met with the sight of heavily armed chaperones when they boarded the bus and went to school.

Police officers with guns holstered in their belts and security guards wearing bulletproof vests flanked children on buses and outside schools on Thursday after a group of teenagers allegedly launched a tirade of anti-Semitic slurs when they boarded a bus in Sydney's east on Wednesday afternoon, The Daily Telegraph reported.

Since then, CCTV footage has emerged that shows a group of teenagers near the Randwick bus-stop where a bus was boarded and school children were terrorised.

Scroll down for video

article-2718029-20530D5F00000578-49_634x310.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

Copy link to paste in your message

+9

CCTV footage shows a group of teenagers near the busstop in question yesterday

CCTV: Group of teens leave bus stop after racial attack

video-undefined-2053141F00000578-497_636x358.jpg

The video shows a gang walking through the street towards, apparently intoxicated. Witnesses told Nine News the young men also graffitied on a number of businesses in the area.

The teenagers are believed to be the same teenagers who will be re-interviewed by police and may be charged over an alleged hate crime directed at a busload of Jewish children yesterday.

Young school children who were on board the bus during the tirade have been giving statements to police this afternoon.

It is alleged the group of six males aged in their late teens were drunk when they boarded a school bus in Sydney and subjected about 25 school students to a racial abuse, including 'anti-Semitic threats and also threats of violence'. One of the teenagers also said they would 'slit their throats'

Five of the youths, believed to be aged between 15 and 17, were arrested on Thursday morning.

'I've been told and believe that these six juveniles were intoxicated and that is something that we'll also address during the course of (their interviews),' Police Inspector Jason Box said.

Last night a sixth teenager, believed to be 14, was being interviewed by police. Inspector Box said he believed the incident was opportunistic, 'isolated and random'.

article-2718029-20534D2A00000578-963_634x372.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+9

Jacqui Blackburn and her children arrive at Bondi Police station after witnessing the abuse

article-2718029-20534D1A00000578-7_634x385.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+9

Ms Blackburn's three daughters, aged 8, 10 and 12, were on board the bus at the time of the incident

Children as young as five were among the busload terrorised on Wednesday afternoon when the young men dressed in baggy pants and t-shirts boarded the bus at Randwick, just before 4pm.

Several students made frantic calls to their parents after the youths started yelling 'kill the Jews' and 'free Palestine', and 'Heil Hitler'.

Jacqui Blackburn's three daughters, aged 8, 10 and 12, were on board the bus at the time of the incident.

She told Daily Mail Australia about the 'terrifying' moment she received a call from her eldest daughter saying the bus had been boarded by the group of teenagers.

'The call was "Mummy please help, there's very dangerous drunk men on this bus, please help us." Then the phone went dead,' she said.

'My heart was palpitating out of my throat, I literally couldn't talk. I couldn't function I was shaking to the extent that I couldn't phone their dad.

'I didn't know if they were going to make it off the bus or not. I didn't know if these guys were armed, if they had weapons of any kind.'

article-2718029-204F3CE100000578-297_634x379.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+9

Children as young as five were terrorised on Wednesday afternoon when eight young men hopped on their bus at Randwick, in Sydney's east, about 4pm

article-2718029-204F3CBA00000578-412_634x318.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+9

Many of the young children had boarded the school bus at Mount Sinai College in Marourbra, in Sydney's east

Jewish children threatened to have 'throats slit' aboard...

video-undefined-20515C0900000578-27_636x358.jpg

Ms Blackburn said the group of teenagers had knocked the phone out of her daughter's hand, but that her daughter's friend found it and called her. The friend told Ms Blackburn that the teenagers were 'threatening to slit our throats' and were chanting 'Free Palestine', 'Heil Hitler' and 'Kill the Jews'.

'They were chanting: "Palestine, Palestine, Palestine, you've taken over our country, what do you want with our country?"'

Ms Blackburn said the boys were 'white Aussies' and were wearing baggy pants, not school uniforms as some media reports have stated.

The children on the bus told her the teenagers were so drunk 'they couldn't even stand' and told the children they had been taking drugs in the city.

Ms Blackburn, who fled her native South Africa because of the high crime rate, said 'I have never been so scared in my life'.

'When I got that call, I went totally to pieces, every part of my body was jumping.

'To hear my kids like that and to see every child's face when they stopped that bus, everybody in tears – boys and girls.'

Noa Stanton was one of the students on board the bus who witnessed the horrifying attack.

'They were crazy and when they saw us in tears they were all laughing,' Noa told Seven News Sydney.

'They didn't care and neither did the bus driver.'

Noa's mother Isabel Stanton labelled the attack as 'traumatising'.

'They [the children] don't understand the magnitude of the words that were used against them,' she told Seven News Sydney.

The children were travelling on a government-run bus that picks up school students from Moriah College in Queens Park, Mt Sinai College in Maroubra and Emanuel School in Randwick. The bus is not open to members of the public.

article-2718029-2052445900000578-226_634x422.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+9

Detective Superintendent Jason Box confirmed that five teenagers were arrested for the alleged vicious anti-Semitic attack on a group of Jewish school children yesterday

article-2718029-20524B8400000578-762_634x423.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+9

The teenagers were arrested by police in the early hours of this morning and will be re-interviewed by police later today

Police may charge 5 teens over alleged hate crime on bus

video-undefined-205240EB00000578-493_636x358.jpg

Parents picked up their children from Rose Bay and gave statements to police, but Ms Blackburn said when she questioned the bus driver he wouldn't justify why he let the men on to the school bus in the first place.

'He was very rude to me, he swore at me and he wouldn't give me any information. I said: "Mate the police are onto you, they are all over the roads." He told me to "f*** off,"' she said.

Ms Blackburn said the group had targeted an earlier bus travelling from the three Jewish schools and had kicked at the door, but were not allowed on board.

Ms Blackburn, who spoke to Daily Mail Australia after dropping her daughters at school today, said they were 'pretty traumatised and... pretty scared' and were having counselling at school.

Ms Blackburn commended the police's swift response and 'caring' response to the children.

Parents offered to carpool and drive any scared children to school who no longer felt safe riding the bus.

'Following the bus ordeal yesterday I'd like to offer two spare seat I have in my car to any kids who would prefer not to catch the bus,' wrote one mother of a student at Mt Sinai College in Maroubra.

Vic Alhadeff, CEO of NSW Jewish Board of Deputies, said the Jewish community was 'horrified' by what took place.

'All racism is to be deplored, anti-Semitism is to be deplored and when it is directed against vulnerable young children how much more despicable an act it is,' he told Daily Mail Australia.

'This sort of behaviour is not what we do in Australia... Innocent young children going home from school have been abused because of their religion, because of their race. It is simply unacceptable and we as a society have to make it clear in the strongest possible terms that this outrageous behaviour is not only to be condemned but to be punished.'

Mr Alhadeff said that it was particularly troubling to encounter bigotry among people so young.

'It raises concerns about where the negative influences are emanating, is it from the home? Is it from peers?'

article-2718029-20378C5400000578-576_634x410.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+9

This little girl held a doll covered with red paint during a rally in Sydney against Israel's military campaign in Gaza on Sunday

article-2718029-2036505200000578-854_634x409.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+9

On the same day, 10,000 people protested at a pro-Israeli rally in Sydney's eastern suburbs

NSW Communities Minister Victor Dominello said he was deeply disturbed by the reports.

'We've been so lucky in this country that we have not had so much blood shed that we've seen overseas and in order to avoid that happening we must continue to condemn any racial attacks that we see in this country,' he said.

NSW Transport minister, Gladys Berejiklian said she was appalled at the incident.

'I’m appalled by the behaviour of these passengers,' she said.

'The State Transit Authority (STA) is co-operating with police in its investigation. STA is also investigating the matter to ensure the driver followed all proper procedures and STA will take action if required.

'I have also asked STA to ensure all drivers are aware of the proper procedures they should follow.'

Both Israeli and Palestinian supporters took to Sydney's streets on Sunday to pledge support for their respective sides in the escalating Middle East conflict.

Mothers and children waved graphic photographs of the Gaza conflict's casualties and others held up baby dolls with red splotches as thousands surrounded Town Hall in the Sydney CBD to draw attention to Palestine's plight.

While heavy security surrounded a Dover Heights park in Sydney's eastern suburbs as a blue and white sea of 10,000 Israeli people and supporters deplored the loss of life in the conflict.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2718029/Jewish-children-threatened-throats-slit-gang-teenagers-board-school-bus-unleash-torrent-anti-Semitic-abuse.html#ixzz39l6Dlymt

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Maybe watching the news with its anti-Israeli prejudice pushed them to do it?

The entire world should be anti Israel not just the news, I wouldn't say its prejudice.

Being anti Israel is not the same thing as anti semitism, although some would have you believe it is.

The entire world should be anti Israel not just the news, I wouldn't say its prejudice.

Being anti Israel is not the same thing as anti semitism, although some would have you believe it is.

I actually find the proposition that watching the international condemnation of war crimes against Palestinian children and citizens could force young men to drink to the point of being unable to walk and scream obscenities at five year old Australian children, laughable.

I actually find the proposition that watching the international condemnation of war crimes against Palestinian children and citizens could force young men to drink to the point of being unable to walk and scream obscenities at five year old Australian children, laughable.

Wonder where they got the idea from then?

The idea that having an opinion on issue which is contentious and nuanced allows you to drink excessively, behave anti socially and abuse children? no idea.

It usually gets blamed on the parents, or lack of them, or watching video's, playing too many violent games ... I guess the list is endless

Archived