Would I be right in thinking??

jack13

Thank you :smile: the way I see it you can either sit and feel sorry for yourself or find ways around this and ways I can gain this visa. And then once I have the money get back to Australia and study.

Jack, just out of interest, what do your parents think about all this? Are you in contact with them? It's just you never mention them (sorry if I'm being too nosy)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes am stopping with them at the moment. We get on okay I guess they really want me to go back to university or move back to greece but cant seem to see how unhappy it all made me.

Well, perhaps doing a course, whether cooking or hairdressing (hairdressing is better I think personally) will show them that you have a path carved out ahead of you

Have you checked the skills assessment for post qualification experience requirements? There are very few courses that would allow you to gain PR by doing the course. The only ones that come to mind are accounting, medicine and a couple of engineering ones. All at degree level. Hence why most students have to leave at the end of their course.

Just do both. You could cook a fancy lunch whilst doing their hair, as women spend hours there anyway they may as well get fed.

Have you checked the skills assessment for post qualification experience requirements? There are very few courses that would allow you to gain PR by doing the course. The only ones that come to mind are accounting, medicine and a couple of engineering ones. All at degree level. Hence why most students have to leave at the end of their course.

No what are you talking about? If I have the points test and pass the qualification then that is enough, right?!

No what are you talking about? If I have the points test and pass the qualification then that is enough, right?!

Doesn't sound like it tbh. Now very stormy mentioned it I remember reading something about how students had the same idea as you and it became very difficult for them to gain PR from a student visa. Unless it's something medical or maybe a trade like dom is doing

Doesn't sound like it tbh. Now very stormy mentioned it I remember reading something about how students had the same idea as you and it became very difficult for them to gain PR from a student visa. Unless it's something medical or maybe a trade like dom is doing

What trade is he doing?

yes but I'd have the qualification and passed the points test!?

What trade is he doing?

yes but I'd have the qualification and passed the points test!?

Carpentry I think. Well speak to a migration person about it but just watch they aren't telling you what you want to hear. The last thing you want is to spend that money and not get anywhere

For any occupation you would need to pass the skills assessment. If you studied in oz then you get to shortern the amount of experience you need. Only 1-1.5 years post qualification experience. The skills assessment will cost you another $4.5k odd if you do it here though. And you need the job to still be on the sol at the time you finish the course to be able to get another visa to do this.

That was the problem that many people had a few years ago and many had to leave the country as the rules changed at short notice.

Thanks for that. I know for ss hairdressing you need 2 years experience the agent told me.

That is different from the skills assessment. You need the skills assessment for most visas and depending on where you study you might need a few years experience.

Currently for the 457 you don't need experience, but they have bought in 2 years experience for the rsms visa (not that they have made it clear). It's only a matter of time before they add onto all visas as they are trying to deter people from trying to stay after studying here.

Because you sound pretty clueless about all the important stuff related to the visa requirements. If you read that page you will be able to answer most if not all of those questions yourself.

You haven't come across Jack yet have you ?

Well done for trying to help but you are wasting your time

Check out his history, under his previous user name as well, make some popcorn first it's a whirlwind ride of laughs, how to get into Australia as fast as possible, with no qualifications and no patience to get any, yesterday was hairdressing in NZ then popping into Aus once he had a visa, so many ideas

bless you Jack you keep trying and keep us amused

That is different from the skills assessment. You need the skills assessment for most visas and depending on where you study you might need a few years experience.

Currently for the 457 you don't need experience, but they have bought in 2 years experience for the rsms visa (not that they have made it clear). It's only a matter of time before they add onto all visas as they are trying to deter people from trying to stay after studying here.

Think I will defo push on with the hairdressing as thats something I actually have an interest in. I know the old govenment wanted to do that but abbot is making it easier for us. :)

2 years is needed for most states to be sponsored.

Also who will employ someone on a 457 and pay them all that money with no experience??!!

How many years does it specify on the skills asssesment for hairdressing??! My agent said 2 years regardless unless 457.

You haven't come across Jack yet have you ?

Well done for trying to help but you are wasting your time

Check out his history, under his previous user name as well, make some popcorn first it's a whirlwind ride of laughs, how to get into Australia as fast as possible, with no qualifications and no patience to get any, yesterday was hairdressing in NZ then popping into Aus once he had a visa, so many ideas

bless you Jack you keep trying and keep us amused

No am stikcing with the hairdressing plan mate.

Think I will defo push on with the hairdressing as thats something I actually have an interest in. I know the old govenment wanted to do that but abbot is making it easier for us. :)

2 years is needed for most states to be sponsored.

Also who will employ someone on a 457 and pay them all that money with no experience??!!

How many years does it specify on the skills asssesment for hairdressing??! My agent said 2 years regardless unless 457.

Hairdressing is exactly the same process to pass the skills assessment. Google trades recognition Australia job ready program.

Archived