When can my employer nominate me for PR?

thelaurakate

Hi a friend of mine just got her PR and for her employers nomination to be approved it took 5 months then just 10 days for the actual PR! I've decided after to move back to the uk but not after before getting my PR and hopefully Citizenship. What I need to know is can my employer nominate me now? Then in feb when I've worked for them for 2 years it just be the application? I hope that's the case! Anybody have an experience ? Thank you

They can nominate you any time if you qualify you don't have to wait two years. The nomination will expire after 6 months I think though.

you need to look at the visas available. You could also see if you qualify without employer nomination.

I should have given a more complete response. If you apply under the Direct Entry Stream (which has additional requirements such as skills assessment and 3 years experience required) they can nominate you at any time. You mentioned "when I've worked for them for 2 years" which is why I focused on the TRT Stream.

Yes nomination has to be done for the ENS Transition Stream (the one you wait for 2 years on a 457 to lodge). We did it recently. The nomination took about 3 months to be approved. It has to be done when you have completed the 2 years.

However, as the others have said, if you are eligible for the other ENS stream (direct entry), you don't have to wait the 2 years and the nomination can be done now. We couldn't go down this route as DH couldn't pass the skills assessment due a lack of a degree which was required for his occupation.

Yes nomination has to be done for the ENS Transition Stream (the one you wait for 2 years on a 457 to lodge). We did it recently. The nomination took about 3 months to be approved. It has to be done when you have completed the 2 years.

However, as the others have said, if you are eligible for the other ENS stream (direct entry), you don't have to wait the 2 years and the nomination can be done now. We couldn't go down this route as DH couldn't pass the skills assessment due a lack of a degree which was required for his occupation.

How do I know what I'm eligible for? I don't have a degree either thanks

I should have given a more complete response. If you apply under the Direct Entry Stream (which has additional requirements such as skills assessment and 3 years experience required) they can nominate you at any time. You mentioned "when I've worked for them for 2 years" which is why I focused on the TRT Stream.

I have been here 4 years this year on a 457 visa but as I changed jobs my clock set back to zero, would have been with my company for 2 years in feb but if I can apply before great.. Should I wait for the transition or apply under the direct entry stream? I would like pr and citizenship as soon as possible so I can go back to the uk thank you

Hi how'd did you get it so quick?

Because under the direct entry stream there is no need to wait 2 years, provided you meet eligability criteria - which we did too, we were PR in under 1 year.

One such criteria is a skills assessment which you must pass, unless on the exempt list (we are on this so didn't have to worry about assessment).

It depends on if you can qualify now. In other words can you pass the skills assessment.

Also, if you intend to go home, be aware you won't be any time soon. If you go through the skills assessment route, then it is likely to be some months before you get PR. You then need to be a PR for a year before you can apply for citizenship. The citizenship process varies but I would allow 6 months as it depends on the council. So, if you start the process today, it is going to be close to 2 years before you are a citizen.

I have been here 4 years this year on a 457 visa but as I changed jobs my clock set back to zero, would have been with my company for 2 years in feb but if I can apply before great.. Should I wait for the transition or apply under the direct entry stream? I would like pr and citizenship as soon as possible so I can go back to the uk thank you

There have been recent changes.

We came through my wife's occupation ,she is a chemo nurse practitioner we were sponsored by NSW health and they told us to apply for PR after 3months so that's what we did ,went for medicals,filled our firms in and PR was granted we were shocked on how quick it was as well

Archived