Which phone provider in UK?

3FatCats

Hello folks, I will be heading back in around 6 weeks and have been trying to understand which mobile phone provider to go with.

We have been away for 3 years, and before that had Vodafone.

Any new kids on the block since then? any bad experiences? I would be grateful for any tips :hug:

I've tried Orange, T-mobile, O2 and Vodafone over the years. Not bad but customer service atrocious on every one.

Been with 3 for, ooh must be 5-6 yrs now if not longer. Very happy with price plans, upgrades, signal coverage and customer service.

We've all changed to giffgaff. We pay £12 pm for 250 mins, unlimited texts and data, but there are obviously cheaper options too. It uses the O2 network.

No problems so far - 6 months in.

There are so many to choose from, it's almost impossible to tell the difference between them!

I'm with O2 and quite happy with it as payg. DH and my ipad are with 3 and that's been fine too (all payg, £10pm usually - better for me as I have a bolt on for international calls and I don't lose my credit but after the first month get free text and web to a decent limit (as long as you pay each month)

Six weeks eh?!:wink:

I've been with most of the phone company's i thinjk Naomi,had a contract with Orange,O2,T mobile,Vodafone,but i binned Vodafone off when they sponsored man utd,like everyone else i know:laugh:

I'm with Virgin now(apt name atm too!:no:),think i get 1200 minutes,unlimited texts,and i "think" there's some gigabyte stuff is it? for £12 a month,customer services have been decent up to now

Been with them about 2 months,seem sound,they have loads of deals btw,but i don't want a fancy phone,so i told them i wasn't arsed about internet access,not on a £20 Nokia anyway(it takes pictures tho!)

My contract is just month to month,so not tied in,but they give yer free fancy phones etc if you are willing to agree a longer contract,i just don't like long term contracts,OR,fancy phones:twitcy:

Six weeks eh?!:wink:

I've been with most of the phone company's i thinjk Naomi,had a contract with Orange,O2,T mobile,Vodafone,but i binned Vodafone off when they sponsored man utd,like everyone else i know:laugh:

I'm with Virgin now(apt name atm too!:no:),think i get 1200 minutes,unlimited texts,and i "think" there's some gigabyte stuff is it? for £12 a month,customer services have been decent up to now

Been with them about 2 months,seem sound,they have loads of deals btw,but i don't want a fancy phone,so i told them i wasn't arsed about internet access,not on a £20 Nokia anyway(it takes pictures tho!)

My contract is just month to month,so not tied in,but they give yer free fancy phones etc if you are willing to agree a longer contract,i just don't like long term contracts,OR,fancy phones:twitcy:

when I get back I will initiate you into the world of iPhones :goofy: :frankenface_laughin

Depends where you live. In a 3 square mile area were I live at home you get dead spots on all networks. I was stuck with a Vodafone contract I couldn't use in my house except the attic and bathroom for instance! Worked perfectly 2 doors down :/

If you're in the city, check a comparison website and decide in what you need. Ie calls, texts, data, international calls etc as the best for data may not be the best for calls etc

Hi,

It will depend on whether you will get a landline in your house and have a separate computer, or want to use you mobile for everything.

Like Pablo, I don't do fancy phones either, (haven't a clue how to work them!) and as long as mine can text and make the odd phone call it suits me fine.

For the last 6 years I've been with Tesco PAYG. It costs me £15 every two months. They triple your top up credit up to the value of £20. So, on the first day of month one I pay £15 and get £30 of free credit. That £30 free credit tends to last me for the month, so on the first day of month two I still have my original £15 of credit. I use £5 of that to buy an unlimited text bundle, which leaves me £10 to make phone calls. By the end of month two I'm then out of credit so I start again. This price does include some internet usage too but as I don't use my phone to go online I'm not sure how that bit works.

One of the ways I've made cheap PAYG work so well for me is that I text people who pay a fortune for fancy phones with unlimited minutes and ask them to ring me :wink:

Archived