migration agent

liliannn

No one can tell you if you need an agent. It's up to you whether you're confident enough in your ability to understand what's needed, and to prepare the application. Many people are successful doing it on their own, and quite a few people end up with refused visas because they didn't prepare the application properly or weren't eligible when they thought they were.

We tried to do it alone but found it far too complicated and time consuming. We both work and have three young kids and found that with an agent we still had a fair bit of work to do in getting paperwork together etc. so if like us you are unable to spend every minute checking that you are going in the correct direction and filling out forms I would invest in an agent to hold your hand. We've just had had our case officer allocated and are doing our medicals on Friday if we never had an agent we wouldn't be anywhere near that.

good luck

Hello all..I am planning to apply for 189 Visa..do you think we really need a migration agent? will it be faster ? or we can just handle it by ourselves? Thanks

Hi there.

I got my permanent residency and did all of it through an agent and would highly recommend it. For a nominal cost it takes all the stress out of the application process and ensures you are answering everything correctly.I can pm you the details if you likelike :biggrin:

We used go Matilda for our 189 visa - always communicated well and quickly! Would definitely recommend them. Good luck!

Thanks your advice too! How long did you take for your visa? and May I ask your professions? thanks

Thanks your advice too! How long did you take for your visa? and May I ask your professions? thanks

Our 189 visa took about 4 months to complete all together - 3 of those was for the skills assessment and then the last bit went through really quick - think my husband was quite quick on getting medicals etc before asked though so think that helped and probably a bit of luck too I imagine! We came based on him being a teacher! Hope your plans work out well and quickly for you :)

That's really fast. I have contacted them already. but seems they are based in UK mainly. I am in Australia now..seems not easily to always get in touch with them..btw,May I know what is your agent called? and how much did you spend ? thanks ~good luck for your new life ! :)

Can anyone advise of a good UK based agent, I have been in contact with 2 (Go Matilda and Mate Migrate) however recommendations would be useful.

Go Matilda has many good reviews however at £2200 seems pricey, Mate Migrate was cheaper at £1500, however I cannot find any reviews or info on them on the web except for their website. They are based in London near London Wall, I have spoken to the main guy and seems good enough however I have heard horror stories about cons on forums. Anyone used Mate Migrate before owner by an Australian called Greg Veal?

Any advise is appreciated, hoping to start the visa process in the next month. (skill area ICT / Systems Analyst)

Thanks

Can anyone advise of a good UK based agent, I have been in contact with 2 (Go Matilda and Mate Migrate) however recommendations would be useful.

Go Matilda has many good reviews however at £2200 seems pricey, Mate Migrate was cheaper at £1500, however I cannot find any reviews or info on them on the web except for their website. They are based in London near London Wall, I have spoken to the main guy and seems good enough however I have heard horror stories about cons on forums. Anyone used Mate Migrate before owner by an Australian called Greg Veal?

Any advise is appreciated, hoping to start the visa process in the next month. (skill area ICT / Systems Analyst)

Thanks

Both the agents you mentioned are registered migration agents, so you need not fear being 'conned'.

It was probably not a good idea to mention amounts you have been quoted.

It would be a good idea to make sure precisely what is included for the amounts quoted.

There are financial and other advantages in using an Australian based registered migration agent.

Thanks

Maybe you could also mention Go Matilda's 6 month interest free instalment plan if you are quoting fees ... :biggrin:

Best regards.

Maybe you could also mention Go Matilda's 6 month interest free instalment plan if you are quoting fees ... :biggrin:

Best regards.

My Apologies, I'm a bit of a newbie here, Rookie mistake. I have however heard nothing but good comments about Go Matilda, however they might be just out of my price range :frown:

At this stage I'm not rushing in to anything, I'm talking to all agents to get a feel of what they offer and what is right for me. In the grand scale of things the difference in costs is not that much as to the prize at the end of the application.

I guess you need to go with your guy feeling. When I lived in the UK, I paid for an immigration agent to sort my visa , it was a. Marriage one.... Then 15 years later my husband and I moved back to OZ. we did it ourselves. No stress and no drama. I suppose having been married and gavi g 2 children behind us made it a bit automatic.we had no reason to suspect it not being granted.

Look at your situation, of it is uncomplicated, you have time and money you can prob do yourself. If you are in a hurry, not confident if legislation... Have money, then it is a no brainer.sit back and let someone else do the work!

I had a very long chat with Destination OZ (Mike Breen), seemed nice enough however not being MARA registered is a concern.

How big a deal is being MARA registered? His fees were competitive and he seemed to know his stuff, however I have never applied for a visa before and want to make sure I get it right.

The problem for some of the agents outside Australia is that they can't become MARA registered because they aren't Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or a NZ citizen who is physically in Australia when the registration application is being assessed:

https://www.mara.gov.au/becoming-an-agent/registration-requirements/other-requirements/

That said, the comfort you have with a MARA registered agent are the (many) obligations we are required to adhere to, including maintaining PI cover, ongoing professional education requirements - and the leverage you have if (heaven forbid) things go wrong with the relationship/your application.

None of us MARA registered agents want to deal with an aggrieved client complaining to the regulator, even if the complaint has little or no merit.

Others can pass comment on specific agents - I will only highlight the comfort you should have when instructing someone who has the MARA registration.

Hope this helps.

Archived