We moved back 4 years ago

carrotcruncher

Guest guest30085
ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS...:eek:...YOU THOUGHT PERTH WAS INSPIRING AND INTERESTING ENOUGH FOR A YOUNG PERSON TO SPEND THE REST OF THEIR LIVES THERE..

Until you have actual experience of even visiting Perth then I will always see the tongue firmly in your cheek :)

I have six cousins in Perth aged between 22 and 30 .... none of them have left to live anywhere else. Neither have most of their friends.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until you have actual experience of even visiting Perth then I will always see the tongue firmly in your cheek :)

I have six cousins in Perth aged between 22 and 30 .... none of them have left to live anywhere else. Neither have most of their friends.

I honestly could not imagine spending the rest of my life in such an isolated city as perth :eek: if thats what suits them then who am I to argue....I need far more stimulation in my life.

Like I've said before.. I don't imagine that many young people flock towards Stratford upon Avon either. To be fair I've never been yet but it doesn't look very exciting from what I've saw online

stratford is not isolated like perth dear.....slaps forehead...

Guest guest30085
I need far more stimulation in my life.

When are you moving from Stratford then ....

Edited by guest30085

Guest guest30085
to Barcelona next month for 4 days then Prague for a week in december...ohhh and then theirs a trip to dublin for a stag weekend in august.

So Stratford doesn't offer you any excitement, you have to go elsewhere (other countries even) I always thought you lived in Utopia

enjoy PB :)

So Stratford doesn't offer you any excitement, you have to go elsewhere (other countries even) I always thought you lived in Utopia

enjoy PB :)

stratford is so far ahead of perth its unreal...we actually stay open past 9pm in the week and actually have restaurants and pubs that have people in them unlike perth in the week.

p.s you can actually visit other places outside of stratford on bike or car unlike perth where you need a plane.

Edited by Perthbum

stratford is not isolated like perth dear.....slaps forehead...

I never said that perth wasn't isolated, I only said I didn't think Stratford looked a brilliant place for young people either. Think you've slapped your head a few too many times btw :wink: One minute you say perth is so boring and nothing ever happens etc and then the next minute you say it's full of drunk young people and you got mugged 3 times :laugh:

I never said that perth wasn't isolated, I only said I didn't think Stratford looked a brilliant place for young people either. Think you've slapped your head a few too many times btw :wink: One minute you say perth is so boring and nothing ever happens etc and then the next minute you say it's full of drunk young people and you got mugged 3 times :laugh:

its boring because all you have is perth...you cannot travel an hour and be in another city with different accents, I can be in europe in an hour with different cultures, perth I found was very boring but thats me...others might find it not boring ..if I had to just live in stratford without moving outside of the town for years then that would be boring...think of living in perth without being able to travel to other places stacey...do you think that would be boring?

its boring because all you have is perth...you cannot travel an hour and be in another city with different accents, I can be in europe in an hour with different cultures, perth I found was very boring but thats me...others might find it not boring ..if I had to just live in stratford without moving outside of the town for years then that would be boring...think of living in perth without being able to travel to other places stacey...do you think that would be boring?

Just remember and keep your wallet safe..Some of these places in Europe can be a bit dodgy, especially around the train stations :wubclub:

Guest guest30085

I got bored 20 minutes ago ..

PB - could you move to another town, just so that instead of Stratford vs Perth we can instead be subjected to 'any other non descript town' vs Perth for the next seven years

C'mon shake it up a bit :)

I got bored 20 minutes ago ..

PB - could you move to another town, just so that instead of Stratford vs Perth we can instead be subjected to 'any other non descript town' vs Perth for the next seven years

C'mon shake it up a bit :)

Bristol V Perth?

Because they don't know any difference, I know loads of lads who are happy here.. The Australians who I find are less settles are the ones that have lived elsewhere

This is one of the reasons we're contemplating moving back, at least for a while. We live in Sydney which is less isolated than Perth, but after 30+ years, I've visited everything there is to visit umpteen times. We're not beach people. I was never bored in Sydney while I was working (because in Sydney, working hours are long so there is no spare time!) - but now I'm semi-retired, I am. Yes we can go to the pub in the evening but what to do during the day?

Out of interest Que Sera Sera, did you use a removals company and if so were they ok?

We didn't ship furniture just 6 boxes, a TV, Tools and bikes. Its a bit of a story but because of their stupidity they took nearly 6 months ,but don't worry the company folded not long after so you won't accidently use them.

Bristol is lovely and I think it would be hard to choose between that and Perth- different things are good with each. Perth certainly can be boring unless you are in with the crowd- not so good for visitors once you've 'done' the sights. I guess we all tend to prefer our own little part of the world. I don't think I could live in Sydney, either- seems too big and impersonal and somehow lacks the vibe that good old Melbourne has- though that may well be because I don't know it that well.