3 year old snatched from her bedroom in QLD

jac2011

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest66881

I cannot get my head around how we would be feeling, i know one thing though if the bastards get caught and it had happened to mine i would be doing everything in my power to sort the freak out, hope shes found well and safe.

The world can be a horrible place at times, no matter where you live. I would be absolutely devastated, I don't know how I would speak. I really hope a simple explanation comes of it and the girl is unharmed. I do feel for Madeline McCann's parents, the not knowing must be terrible.

Talking with my friend about it yesterday and it brings home all the other cases that have happened over the years and some of them still not resolved. Of course they are not in the media but these children are still missing and no explanation.

This is awful, I bet the parents are going out of their minds with worry. This is actually a fear of mine, and something that I think about every day. Our bedroom is on the opposite end of the house to the girl's bedrooms, so I always make sure that the windows are secure when they go to bed. I am a bit obsessive about it actually.

I was looking at new build plans yesterday and I saw a house with the childrens bedrooms at the front and the master at the back of the house. Before I even read this story, my first thought was that I wouldn't want the children near the front door if I was at the rear of the property.

Anyone any updates on the story?

If you think about the way Aussie houses are built they are a predators dream. Often the parents bedroom is on the opposite side of the house to the kids in a single-storey property. The intruder only need to unlock a fly screen and would be in and out within minutes without much noise.

I wonder whether the police know how they got in. Maybe it's time to think about putting motion detectors in kids bedrooms.

If you think about the way Aussie houses are built they are a predators dream. Often the parents bedroom is on the opposite side of the house to the kids in a single-storey property. The intruder only need to unlock a fly screen and would be in and out within minutes without much noise.

I wonder whether the police know how they got in. Maybe it's time to think about putting motion detectors in kids bedrooms.

There was a car parked under the window and a bootprint was left on the roof.

There certainly isn't much info being given out, the father seems to be implying its someone who knew him... I wonder if one of the friends who was round that evening has gone missing??? I also wondered about the whole father/step-father thing. They never do really go into depth in the news but I wondered whether he was her step-parent and whether her father could have abducted her. Seems to happen a lot lately. I haven't seen his interview, I think Ill have a nosy later. I am pretty sharp at picking up on people who are edgy or uncomfortable!

Poor girl, lets hope its not the worst case scenario.

It's very sad to say but it's rare for abducted kids to be be found safe. There's been a lot of cases where the kid was killed by a relative and then hidden away. I remember a case with a girl that was killed purely by accident by a cousin. He knocked the girl unconscious but rather than get in trouble he panicked put the girl in the trunk of his car and drove off. The girl died in the trunk of his car. If he had just alerted the ambos she would stop be alive.

Sadly this sort of thing has happened for years it just seems to hit us harder these days because it's reported more, social media etc etc. My house is like most single storey properties here in that my bedroom is at the front and the kids are towards the back. I don't think more of this kind of thing occurs because of this and it's only because it's different to the typical UK property that many UK people find it uncomfortable.

The news is reporting she has been found alive wandering on a road back to her house... 42 hours after she went missing!!

No kidding!? Well I'm surprised! Didn't think they'd be seeing her alive again.

I wonder if it was an abduction after all, once law enforcement are aware it's something like 99% of children kidnapped are killed by the abductor within 24 hours. But then again the child is young enough to not be able to give many details that could lead back to that person.

I imagine more and more details will be released over time but I'll be following it with interest.

No kidding!? Well I'm surprised! Didn't think they'd be seeing her alive again.

I wonder if it was an abduction after all, once law enforcement are aware it's something like 99% of children kidnapped are killed by the abductor within 24 hours. But then again the child is young enough to not be able to give many details that could lead back to that person.

I imagine more and more details will be released over time but I'll be following it with interest.

"Mr Cruel" let them go and they wandered back home too except the oldest one who was murdered (1990's)

It is all very odd and the police in Childers are saying rumors are running overdrive. Dad went into town earlier yesterday, was 'thumped' by 'someone' and ended up in hospital and then a few hours later his daughter turns up outside the police search ctr which happened to be across from their house, shouting 'Mummy'..

Brilliant this little girl appears physically unharmed, lets hope she isnt to mentally traumatised poor kid.

Cal x

Archived