190 Visa -- March 2014 Gang

Hi THere,

i have recieved my positive vetassess outcome for my profession and now look forward to apply for state sponsorship. can anybody please advise me if i can go ahead with the state nomination process without a MARA agent???just confused wheter it is simple enough or complex ???

Go for it yourself. You will be surprised how easy it is. No need for an agent. I did the whole process myself.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi THere,

i have recieved my positive vetassess outcome for my profession and now look forward to apply for state sponsorship. can anybody please advise me if i can go ahead with the state nomination process without a MARA agent???just confused wheter it is simple enough or complex ???

Its pretty simple. I would advise against wasting 3 grand for the agent.

i can see a lot of march lodgers who have been allocated a case officer in early May. I applied in march, though towards the end, all documents front loaded, but till now, I haven't heard anything from them. Can anyone throw some light!!!!

My timelines and details are

EOI: December 2012

SS(SA): Applied Feb 19th

SS(SA) : Approved March 19th

Visa Lodged: March 25th

Documents uploaded: March 25th.

No email - no communication from them.

When i check my immi account, it shows "received" for all documents.

i can see a lot of march lodgers who have been allocated a case officer in early May. I applied in march, though towards the end, all documents front loaded, but till now, I haven't heard anything from them. Can anyone throw some light!!!!

My timelines and details are

EOI: December 2012

SS(SA): Applied Feb 19th

SS(SA) : Approved March 19th

Visa Lodged: March 25th

Documents uploaded: March 25th.

No email - no communication from them.

When i check my immi account, it shows "received" for all documents.

They wont contact you unless they have to e.g. if your docs are not in order and they need more. In this case your first contact will be the grant email unless you email them asking progress in which case you then get the delay email

Thanks Gidza.

I hope it comes in soon. Its over 3 months now and the delay is making me anxious.

Does being on-shore make any difference? I am on-shore does that put me behind in the queue?

Not sure if it does. My assumption is they would prioritise onshore over offshore to reduce the risk of onshore applicants' current visas from running out i.e. if it is about to expire. Regarding timelines mine took exactly 3 months after I submitted all requested docs

Again i am seeing visa 189 getting their grant. At least 2 since last week. :( What happen to visa 190?:mad:

There was none from the people I know yesterday. It's time that the 190 is processed quickly now since we by default hold faster processing speeds compared to 189. Hope the COs are allotted soon and our grants come in. Late March applicants shouldn't hold their breath and just continue with their preparation to fly. It's just a matter of time that we all got. winsonwongsg, somehow I feel that you might get your grant within 2 weeks :)

Just got off the phone with DIBP after waiting for half hour though I called in as soon as they opened their lines. Here is the status:

1. They are yet to process all the backlog applications and they have no clue when they will do it

2. Hopefully, they should finish by 2ND WEEK of this month, IF POSSIBLE

3. Processing may take anywhere between 3 to 4 months

4. From the time of CO allocation(none for me yet, obviously), they might take a good 3 months to process. HOPEFULLY, less than that.

So, Jan and Feb applicants can expect visa this month. I guess I asked the lady more than 3-4 times about the processing and she mentioned the same :(

In case you are calling, don't bother calling after 5AM IST. The call wait time will take anywhere between 1 hour to not connecting. Sorry if this news breaks your hearts, but it was really tough for me to stay on the line and listen to her. A mix between sadness and anger, but really can't express and they don't really care about how the applicant feels

Visa lodged on 26 March, 2014 but have not heard back....not even delay email. Any idea by when CO allocations is expected?

Same here Satish, Lodged on 25th March and haven't heard from them yet. No emails, no CO allocation etc etc...

Were all your docs loaded on 26th itself?

Thanks everyone, we have to be in Australia by may 17th 2015 which tells me it was processed May 17th 2014 and has been sitting on somebody's desk until the new allocation for the new financial year was released. So those that have not received theirs it should not be too long as I would say many have already been processed.

I'm not too sure on timelines as the wife did most of the sorting out and our agent (Go Matilda) I know we started last august with the IELTS test. Just need to sort out what's going on at AHPRA as its a right mess at the moment with U.K. nurses getting their skills assessed. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!