190 Visa -- March 2014 Gang

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys,

i just need to share this page with you regarding the delay issue

State Migration Plan

i am applying for south australia skilled nomination 190, here in their website they mentioned the closed skills for the year 2013-14 (as far as my understanding)

finger crossed i am 232611 - Urban Planning

Do you mean that the above are the skill that already have visa logded? Or it is just a state sponsorship thing?

Do you mean that the above are the skill that already have visa logded? Or it is just a state sponsorship thing?

what i understand that these Skills have their visas granted, as it is updated and you can see dates beside the skills

and they mentioned " the following occupations have reached their planning levels for the 2013-14 program year"

It means if your application is for any of the occupoations listed then your visa wont be granted in 13-14 so you will have to wait for the new calendar year 14-15 beginning 1 July

that's what i understand, i am not quite sure yet

Oh yes you are right. Somehow I missed the fact that this is SA website not DIBP as state gvts have no say on how many visas are granted from those they would have sponsored

south australia have plan of how many skills they need on 2013-14 and they send it to DIBP, and DIBP send them the granted numbers of each skill and they make this report

that is what i understand

Hiya Everyone, We logged the application in February and all documents were submitted as requested on immiaccount. A few days after the medical in April, a CO sent a message and asked us to submit Form 80 with another document. These documents were submitted on Thursday before the Good Friday and by Wednesday, the CO responded that he was satisfied about the documents but we have to wait more. How long we shall wait is unknown but we do hope that it may be sooner than later.

Is anyone in our shoes?

Hiya Everyone, We logged the application in February and all documents were submitted as requested on immiaccount. A few days after the medical in April, a CO sent a message and asked us to submit Form 80 with another document. These documents were submitted on Thursday before the Good Friday and by Wednesday, the CO responded that he was satisfied about the documents but we have to wait more. How long we shall wait is unknown but we do hope that it may be sooner than later.

Is anyone in our shoes?

Most people on here are, don't worry just try and enjoy the time you have left at home! It will be done when the case officer decides to do it, remember how many they must have to grant and that there is a potential delay :biggrin:

It means if your application is for any of the occupoations listed then your visa wont be granted in 13-14 so you will have to wait for the new calendar year 14-15 beginning 1 July

Hi Gidza,

are you offshore on onshore application?

Edited by AK8055

People who applied late Jan and early Feb started getting grant recently :)

It means there are still places left in the current program year and hopefully some of us March will get grant soon...

Otherwise on 1/7 start of new program year, there will be more than 20000 places available for 190 so we will just get our visas then. Applications are still processed as normal, but finalised after 1/7 so don't worry :)

I received the 190 invitation from SA. Thereafter, I applied for the visa. I was under the impression that the quota for the relevant occupation shouldn't apply since I have already the state invitation. It's just a matter of CO providing the visa within the processing time ... 3 months.

Am I missing something in the visa allocation process?

I received the 190 invitation from SA. Thereafter, I applied for the visa. I was under the impression that the quota for the relevant occupation shouldn't apply since I have already the state invitation. It's just a matter of CO providing the visa within the processing time ... 3 months.

Am I missing something in the visa allocation process?

No mate. State sponsorship does not guarantee you a visa. It's simply that: sponsorship, just like family sponsorship. DIBP solely decides who to grant and States have no say. Besides the 190 allocation covers all Australia so DIBP just gives visas as and when they receive applications so they dont set aside a certain number of visas for particular states. When the limit for that year is reached they stoo granting irrespective of how many people have received state sponsorship.

So never assume a visa is guaranteed. Many people have been refused before even with state sponsorship

See my timeline below. Im an offshore applicant, single and desperate to get back to australia. If I get refused, it WILL break me. I love Oz!!!!

Still no case officer, or a delay email for that. It will be 8 weeks since I applied this monday (19th May 2014)

Fingers crossed - I see ACT have completely ceased any overseas applicants for 190 visas now as of 25th March in fact, until 1st July 2014.

Extremely tense right now. I think I'll be waiting until after July myself....

Thanks Gidza. I should have been a bit more clearer. I know that the State do not have a say in the visa decision process and DIBP decides whether to grant visa or not based on the info provided\checks.

When I spoke to SA state, they had checked their allocation and only then they sent me the invitation. Knowing that a State has confirmed that they are in need of my occupation, DIBP just needs to follow it's due diligence on the visa process. If I understood correctly, DIBP also checks whether it's reached it's limit or not before granting the visa (assuming everything is ok with application). Surely, if each state is managing their own allocation on each type of visa, then this should not impact the visa process. Right?

Thanks Gidza. I should have been a bit more clearer. I know that the State do not have a say in the visa decision process and DIBP decides whether to grant visa or not based on the info provided\checks.

When I spoke to SA state, they had checked their allocation and only then they sent me the invitation. Knowing that a State has confirmed that they are in need of my occupation, DIBP just needs to follow it's due diligence on the visa process. If I understood correctly, DIBP also checks whether it's reached it's limit or not before granting the visa (assuming everything is ok with application). Surely, if each state is managing their own allocation on each type of visa, then this should not impact the visa process. Right?

I read somewhere that visas granted also includes the visas granted to each dependant applying with the principal applicant, and so one person may take up 4 visa grants with themselves, a wife and 2 children....hence running out of visas. Also, each state may check how many are available but don't communicate amongst themselves, so they may see the same amount available and submit their own applicants, but then DIPB have to do the fishing for the best first.....