190 Visa -- March 2014 Gang

My understanding is that the 190 allocation each year is not segregated into state allocations. So yes SA may have a need for your occupation but it could be that by the time yours is processed many visas have gone to other states already since DIBP uses a first come first serve basis. It would have been better if they broke the allocation by state then that way once you get SS you know more or less that you are getting a grant. But in reality you are competing with 190s from other states as well

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know what to do really. maybe i will wait for the 10th week and i will give them a call

CO will only contact you if they need more information. If your papers are all ok CO will only contact you with the grant email. So as long as you submitted all required docs your first contact will be the golden email

Hi All,

I lodged 190 visa application on 26-March. Uploaded all docs including PCC. CO not assigned, status is 'In Progress". Please suggest on

1. Does everyone has to submit form 80? I did not find this option on visa application page.

2. Will it make sense to get medical done before CO asks or shall wait for CO to ask?

Thanks,

Satish

Hi All,

I lodged 190 visa application on 26-March. Uploaded all docs including PCC. CO not assigned, status is 'In Progress". Please suggest on

1. Does everyone has to submit form 80? I did not find this option on visa application page.

2. Will it make sense to get medical done before CO asks or shall wait for CO to ask?

Thanks,

Satish

Just bear in mind that medicals are valid for 1 year so in the event that there arw delays with visa your medical may expire and you have to do a second one. So better wait for CO; it will only add a max of 2 weeks to yout process rather than do a medical only for your application to be processes 2-3 months later which will effectively give you less time to validate visa.

But it's up to you. Just make an informed decision. Many people front load their medicala and it works most of the times.

Folks, I've submitted the visa app on 11th March, still waiting for CO allocation.

Any one who submitted the visa around my timeline and got a CO allocated?

Just bear in mind that medicals are valid for 1 year so in the event that there arw delays with visa your medical may expire and you have to do a second one. So better wait for CO; it will only add a max of 2 weeks to yout process rather than do a medical only for your application to be processes 2-3 months later which will effectively give you less time to validate visa.

But it's up to you. Just make an informed decision. Many people front load their medicala and it works most of the times.

Folks, I've submitted the visa app on 11th March, still waiting for CO allocation.

Call them. I lodged around 6 march and i call them once 8 weeks. Coincidence an email came through after i called them and told i have a case officer.

Submitted visa application 7 march case officer allocated 7 may we did the medicals on Friday and police checks were sent off last week good luck

I read somewhere that visas granted also includes the visas granted to each dependant applying with the principal applicant, and so one person may take up 4 visa grants with themselves, a wife and 2 children....hence running out of visas. Also, each state may check how many are available but don't communicate amongst themselves, so they may see the same amount available and submit their own applicants, but then DIPB have to do the fishing for the best first.....

Lodged my visa on 23rd. I know how it feels. Tried giving them a call and after waiting for an hour, was told that no CO yet and I just have to wait it out and calling back soon wouldn't really help since CO will contact only when they need something. We just have to wait till 1st July **sigh**

Hi guys, they just updated the Allocation dates site:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

According to this, all applicants applied before 1 March already got allocated. I guess next time they update in June it will be all applicants applied before 1 April got allocated :)

The same website used to state 7 weeks for 190 visa, I guess they change how they update information now, which is even better for people who are waiting passed 7 weeks and have no idea. They also advised please do not call for information on CO allocation, just check back this website for update...

Hi guys, they just updated the Allocation dates site:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

According to this, all applicants applied before 1 March already got allocated. I guess next time they update in June it will be all applicants applied before 1 April got allocated :)

The same website used to state 7 weeks for 190 visa, I guess they change how they update information now, which is even better for people who are waiting passed 7 weeks and have no idea. They also advised please do not call for information on CO allocation, just check back this website for update...

I applied on the 10 March 2014 and I got allocation to a processing team.

CO was allocated on 05/05/2014 but they sent a "delay in processing" email.

I am not sure how the Immi is working. They are not really clear on the fact that once allocated to the Processing Teams are they granting visa's in this migration year or we all have to wait till 1 July for the new quota to kick in.

:err:

Thanks

AK

Edited by AK8055

I applied on the 10 March 2014 and I got allocation to a processing team.

CO was allocated on 05/05/2014 but they sent a "delay in processing" email.

I am not sure how the Immi is working. They are not really clear on the fact that once allocated to the Processing Teams are they granting visa's in this migration year or we all have to wait till 1 July for the new quota to kick in.

:err:

Thanks

AK

Some lucky March applicants already got CO....it is no brainer that immi use this in an effort to stop people calling asking for CO. If you do not have CO, all you need to do is to look at the cut-off date at which ALL applicants already got CO allocated. Of course the date is not always reflect real-time allocation as AK already had case officer or some other early March applicants.

The delay email is very common since the current program year is close to an end and quota for 190 is nearly used up. There are some places left and there is a chance you might get grant before end of June, your CO wouldn't know when for sure that is why he/she cannot answer you confidently. If you do not get grant this year, then the new program year kicks in 1st July and 190 starts fresh with new quota, it is HIGHLY LIKELY you will get your grant then. DIBP has strict planning for each year how many migrants are coming to Australia, therefore you will not be granted this year if they runs out of quota for 190.

Don't worry, sooner or later you will get grant!!!! Hope this helps.

Thanks. Any thoughts on "1. Does everyone has to submit form 80? I did not find this option on visa application page" ?

Thanks,

Satish

Thanks. Any thoughts on "1. Does everyone has to submit form 80? I did not find this option on visa application page" ?

Thanks,

Satish

Hi Satish,

Form 80, its just a Personal particulars for assessment including the character and I always had to submit it even during my TR.

I recommend, just fill and upload it in your ImmiAccount under "evidence of character form 80"

Thanks

AK

Allocation of CO does not mean you will then be granted a visa. That is why they dont contact you to say you have been allocated CO. CO will only get in touch when they need more info. Remember these guys process thousands of applications so they have to streamline the process otherwise they will wase time emailinh every applicant whenever CO has been allocated.

Jusy to clarify my point. I got CO allocated on 14 Jan but I am still waiting. So CO allocation has no bearing on when visa will be granted

Allocation of CO does not mean you will then be granted a visa. That is why they dont contact you to say you have been allocated CO. CO will only get in touch when they need more info. Remember these guys process thousands of applications so they have to streamline the process otherwise they will wase time emailinh every applicant whenever CO has been allocated.

Jusy to clarify my point. I got CO allocated on 14 Jan but I am still waiting. So CO allocation has no bearing on when visa will be granted

I guess most of the frustration stems from the fact that 189 visas are just being handed out and we 190ers have to wait for so long. Usually, all these years 189 guys had to wait a longer period since it has a better provision of settling in any state. With no choice in our hands, we just have to wait it out and use our time for better things.

I guess most of the frustration stems from the fact that 189 visas are just being handed out and we 190ers have to wait for so long. Usually, all these years 189 guys had to wait a longer period since it has a better provision of settling in any state. With no choice in our hands, we just have to wait it out and use our time for better things.

even thou 189 is less priority than 190 ... :mad: