Children's passports expire a month before we hope to leave

ImageConfident

Will we be able to fly out without renewing them or will we have to replace them before we go? Just wondering in advance, thanks Cath

Don't quote me on it but I thought all passports had to have at least 6 months left on them when you travel, if not you had to renew.

What I should have clarified is that we could push to move sooner, thus passports still being valid. My main concern was whether they would let us in if there was less than 6 months validity left. But thanks to some good advice here, it is probably easier to renew before we leave than try and do it from OZ.

What I should have clarified is that we could push to move sooner, thus passports still being valid. My main concern was whether they would let us in if there was less than 6 months validity left. But thanks to some good advice here, it is probably easier to renew before we leave than try and do it from OZ.

Your children should always have valid passports anyway - the last thing you will need in a family emergency is to rush around trying to get passports for them at short notice.

Archived