Where everyone wants to live!

Jacaranda

Canning Vale is the suburb next to mine. Ellenbrook and Baldivis attract a lot of UK migrants and houses are reasonably priced.. Which is why I'm guessing they're on the list. Gonells and Thornlie arent always the top of peoples lists but reasonably priced and those I know who live there are very happy there

Canning Vale is the suburb next to mine.... very large suburb with an even larger industrial area tacked onto the side of it. Not surprised that it had the most house sales because it is so big. It has a couple of good schools, a reasonable shopping centre and very little else.

Looking at the Perth suburbs I'd say it isn't a case of where people want to live, rather a case of where people can afford to live - not knocking those suburbs (in case anyone lives there!) just saying in no way are they the most desirable Perth suburbs but then the majority of people couldn't afford to live in those - which is why the majority buy in the places on the list!

They're quantity - not quality.

Absolutely. Not sure how the number of house sales can be interpreted as making somewhere a popular suburb, after all for every person buying a house in the area there is a person selling a house and moving away.

I would have thought really popular suburbs would have a really low turn over rate. I agree with others who have said the suburbs listed are more likely to be affordable rather than anything else (which doesn't mean they aren't nice - just not premium).

I was thinking the same thing. Unless they are all new houses being bought why are people moving out?

They're quantity - not quality.

Absolutely agree with you NickyNook.

The suburb I live in abuts Canning Vale, but it is small, and it can be weeks before a single house hits the market.... which incidentally is often not on the market longer than a few days. Says it all. It isn't an expensive suburb but has two good schools, is well located to get to the city, has a good shopping centre, a golf course, a great mix of nationalities, a great "feel" and hardly any crime at all. Worst thing recently was a local hoon doing what hoons do and he was reported to Crimestoppers by quite a few residents.... haven't seen or heard from him since.

My suburb is just one of many like this.... trying to keep it a secret!!

So you have to look at statistics and take more into account than what they are purporting to portray.

:biggrin:

Archived