damaged blinds in a rental.......

millers

Hi there

We have been in a rental house for 16 months and are moving out soon. In our sons bedroom the wooden blinds got wet one day when I was out at work and the window was left open and the rain came in through the flyscreen and wet the blinds....I wiped them but now they are stained and are peeling and don't look good.......im not sure where we stand with the real estate when she does her exit inspection........is it classed as wear and tear ???? or will she make us replace them ????

anyone had a similar experience? and what was your outcome?? im going to call the RTA tomorrow but just wondered if anyone can advise me.:arghh:

Thanks in advance

Hi there

We have been in a rental house for 16 months and are moving out soon. In our sons bedroom the wooden blinds got wet one day when I was out at work and the window was left open and the rain came in through the flyscreen and wet the blinds....I wiped them but now they are stained and are peeling and don't look good.......im not sure where we stand with the real estate when she does her exit inspection........is it classed as wear and tear ???? or will she make us replace them ????

anyone had a similar experience? and what was your outcome?? im going to call the RTA tomorrow but just wondered if anyone can advise me.:arghh:

Thanks in advance

If it is not normal wear and tear (and it sounds like it is not), then you can either replace the blinds now or the agency will just take the money out of your deposit for new blinds.

Hi there

Thanks in advance

This is your responsibility. The cheapest way out of it for you, if you know your way round a few tools, is to buy a new identical blind and replace it yourself.

BB

• 4 months later...
Guest alexboston1

Yeah you need to replace it because i don't think you have an other option so keep calm and replace it!! :)

Archived