Help white tail spider in my car!!

javi1979

So today I collected the post, opened the car door to put it into my handbag and there was an ugly white tail spider on the passengers seat, crawling down the backrest. I closed the door super fast and when I looked again it disappeared.

We've searched everywhere and haven't seen it. I have 2 young kids and I have already been bitten by a white tail and needed antibiotics and steroids.

Don't know what to do. Hubby bought some bug bombs home but apparently they shouldn't be used in spaces smaller than 2x2 metres. Reading around, they can ruin the interior of your car and leave a poisonous residue.

any advice?

A can of spider spray. I've had a few spiders in my work van (the last one being a big huntsman who came out from under the ceiling part onto the drivers side windscreen as I was driving! Lots and lots of spray, then shut all the doors and leave it over night. Works for me. :-)

When I lives in Sydney, me and 4 other english lads borrowed a housemates car, it was a knackers ford falcon that had seen better days!! Anyway we all got in the, the guy in the passenger seat flipped the sun visor down, then all I heard was a screen from the guys in the back, as a huntsman had landed o. The passengers face, he flicked it off and it landed on my lap, they all bailed out the car screaming, I s&@"t myself brushed of and bailed out the car, forgetting to put the handbrake on! Some one dived the ought the window f'ing and blinding put the brake on as the car rolled foreword. Needless to say we now had an audience, who asked what was wrong , we said there was a massive spider in the car, they laughed, an Aussie, just scoped it up in his hands said, it's only a huntsman mate and put it somewhere safe, we looked like a bunch if wusses.

Kill a huntsman, that's murder, when I worked in rural NSW, was told to always leave the huntsman be, it's all the other little nasties you have to kill!!!!!

I work in a plant nursery. Luckily there are surprisingly few spiders, but there tends to be screaming all round when we find a big one lol.

I once had three girls screaming at me that I had a huge spider on my arm. I stood dead still, didn't look, and just told them to get it off. They used brooms to attack it with. When it was on the floor we all attacked it. It was huge!

I have been bitten by one and it wasn't too bad. It was initially hot and itchy at the bite site, some nausea for a day or so and a then big bruise which lasted a while. They tend to lurk in dark places.

I don't worry so much about them now.

Millie x

When I lives in Sydney, me and 4 other english lads borrowed a housemates car, it was a knackers ford falcon that had seen better days!! Anyway we all got in the, the guy in the passenger seat flipped the sun visor down, then all I heard was a screen from the guys in the back, as a huntsman had landed o. The passengers face, he flicked it off and it landed on my lap, they all bailed out the car screaming, I s&@"t myself brushed of and bailed out the car, forgetting to put the handbrake on! Some one dived the ought the window f'ing and blinding put the brake on as the car rolled foreword. Needless to say we now had an audience, who asked what was wrong , we said there was a massive spider in the car, they laughed, an Aussie, just scoped it up in his hands said, it's only a huntsman mate and put it somewhere safe, we looked like a bunch if wusses.

I am s*** scared of spiders to the point I cry at the black ones that run who are no bigger than a penny piece but THIS made me :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

You should be careful of spiders and especially white tail ones because they CAN kill, they are poisonous just because they only effect one person slightly doesn't mean another would have the same reaction.

Best use a spider spray that is safe for your car interior.

Incey Wincey Spider crawled in Javi's Car, now Javi wont touch it with a barge pole from afar, creepy crawlies in your mind as you dare to drive along, incey wincey Spider's there as you sing your favourite song......somewhere behind you.....

Sorry Javi1979, the poet just flowed out of me :)

This morning I picked some clothes OH had left on the floor by his side of the bed (t**t) and a big black

spider ran under the bed! I stood for a while crying and sweating. Got my spider catcher, (vacuum thing with

a long tube) waited for it to come out, still crying, it didn't so I had the get the spray out. Sprayed an

exclusion zone right around the bed, went out for lunch, came back and moved the bed to retrieve the body

but could only find a little curled up thing that couldn't possibly be the monster I encountered this morning!!!

Archived