visa label on passport

karmen128

Anyone got a visa label on their passport after a PR visa is grant? Just to make sure....

As I know, we need pay for the visa label in Australia.

I've applied for the green card with Medicare, maybe the medicare card can be a proof of your PR status already?

For a typical London-Sydney run you will probably be fine without visa evidencing, but start getting into deepest Asia and Africa and the fun can start when trying to board a flight to Oz.

One of my problems was on a London to Sydney run, another on a Sydney to Queenstown run. Was very glad to have the label.

As I have just got the visa grant, I am going for for the visa label.

Actually, there is no need to do this... but I think it is better to got it in the passport so you don't need to carry your A-4 printed visa paper with you all the time. And of course, it looks more cool when you have so many visa labels on your passport :P

And of course, it looks more cool when you have so many visa labels on your passport :P

Yes up to a point. My passport (a UK 48 page job) is almost full. It has only 6 blank pages, no blank facing pairs, and 3 used pages with some space left. I'm worrying that my forthcoming travel to SE Asia is going to be difficult without facing pages and, to be honest, some of my visas and stamps are pretty ordinary. Obvs some visas will be cool for ever - e.g. Nagorno Karabakh and Algeria - but most are just space fillers. And there's nothing more empty than a new passport.

So how do you get one? Our application is currently being processed. Do we just tell our case officer we'd like one? How do you pay for it?

Thanks

You can either send it to Australia house when your visa has been granted or when you get here, just pop into the local immigration office and they will do it for you on the spot

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest26110

Hi, need to validate my pr visa, transiting through Hong Kong, do you think I will need a visa label for this airport? Thanks

Hi, need to validate my pr visa, transiting through Hong Kong, do you think I will need a visa label for this airport? Thanks

Well as discussed there is officially no "need". But rather it is a personal choice and many people feel better for having the label. My previous difficulties occurred in LAX, London Heathrow and Queenstown, NZ.

Archived