Ozzie Slang

tingtongman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wouldn't worry about this stuff. I have never heard anyone use the expressions mentioned on this thread. There are one or two words that they use differently, thongs for flip flops comes to mind. Otherwise they speak the same.

Try working on a mine site... I don't think you would be of the same opinion! :laugh:

I really wouldn't worry about this stuff. I have never heard anyone use the expressions mentioned on this thread. There are one or two words that they use differently, thongs for flip flops comes to mind. Otherwise they speak the same.

Try living in regional or remote Australia. You hear those words all the time.

Try living in regional or remote Australia. You hear those words all the time.

Sorry are you suggesting that I should move to remote Australia just to hear some particular words? Why would I want to do that exactly, I didn't express any particular interest in hearing Australian slang did I? .... :confused:

Sorry are you suggesting that I should move to remote Australia just to hear some particular words? Why would I want to do that exactly, I didn't express any particular interest in hearing Australian slang did I? .... :confused:

I don't think Sammy was suggesting you move to regional Aus to soak up the language. I think she was just stating that slang is very commonly used in regional area's outwith metropolitan office blocks. I can confirm that having worked in regional WA for a year now. Even working in Perth metro on construction projects Aussie slang mentioned on this thread was extremely widely used. :wink:

I was talking to 3 young guys out on site earlier in the week and I could have sworn I was in an episode of Bill & Ted's excellent Adventure...

Not familiar with it but I take it to mean American imitates. Odd how in certain quarters it's considered cool. I can recall very vividly American travellers in Europe Displaying the Maple Leaf flag of Canada on their back packs , in order not to be taken as Americans. Funny old world.

Guest Guest66881

Yeah i noticed the jeans hanging off the back of arses here, just like a scene out of the hood Dave :laugh:

Just how do they stay up though?