Gutted!!!

cjenky

Totally gutted. WA have just released their new state occupation list, and my occupation has been dropped from the list. As WA was the only state who had my occupation on their list, i'm now essentially screwed!!! Where there's a will there's a way I suppose but i'm struggling to see any options for me at the moment. Feeling a little deflated to be honest, employer sponsorship would seem my only option now but I know this is not an easy option and one that may never happen. Think I might go have a good cry in a corner somewhere to get it out of my system!!!!:cry:

GUTTED!!!!

Oh, that's awful!

I just checked the list this morning, and our occupation is on their 'Schedule 2', which means there are limited places......

Let's hope your occupation comes up on another list when they get renewed - whenever that is! SA don't give many clues as to when they will update.......

Hi Del70,

I know i'm devastated!!!!

I was under the impression Schedule 2 was off list which meant you had to have a job offer?? Hopefully for you this Is not the case and you are able to lodge a successful application. My occupation was on SA list last year but doesn't appear on there at the moment. I will just need to keep my eye on the lists, you never know it may pop up some where fingers crossed. Good luck with your application, hope it all works out for you.

Claire

Oh Claire,

I am so so sorry for you hun I saw it at 5am this morning after looking numerous times through the night, also got an email from our Agent to say Hubby's occupation was not on either!!

I hope you do find a way, if I can help or you just want someone to talk to, pm me.

I am a bit worried now with WA as hubby's construction title apparently has never ever come off before this this due to mining work

Chin up!!

Bal.

x

Feel your pain Claire that was my last option too! Now we need to look long term which means BF finishing degree gaining post qual exoerience and reapplying in few years... Grrrr. I'm gutted. I've written to vetasses this morning to see if I top up my post grad to a msc will they accept it?? Think i know what they will say but gotta keep trying!! Hope PA pops up on another list for you (and me) x

feeling ur pain guys ..... my sons g/f just got her positive skills assessment this morning for restaurant manager ...only to find its been taken of today .... im heartbroken ....don't know where to go from here !!!

mrs keily

Feel your pain Claire that was my last option too! Now we need to look long term which means BF finishing degree gaining post qual exoerience and reapplying in few years... Grrrr. I'm gutted. I've written to vetasses this morning to see if I top up my post grad to a msc will they accept it?? Think i know what they will say but gotta keep trying!! Hope PA pops up on another list for you (and me) x

It's a double whammy for you Kezzles, I really feel for you! I feel its one knock back after another, keep positive though, at least you have a plan B, it may take a while longer than you wanted but I am in no doubt you will make it!!! I on the other hand do not have a plan B and my mind is working over time today, i'm giving myself headache. I think there will be a lot of disappointed people today, a lot of changes have been made, I wasn't expecting that many. I am sure we all have a way in its just a case of finding it. I think I will be spending a lot of time researching Anszco codes to try tie my job to another occupation. Good luck to everyone. x

Guest The Pom Queen
feeling ur pain guys ..... my sons g/f just got her positive skills assessment this morning for restaurant manager ...only to find its been taken of today .... im heartbroken ....don't know where to go from here !!!

mrs keily

Oh Hun so sorry :no:

Guest The Pom Queen
Totally gutted. WA have just released their new state occupation list, and my occupation has been dropped from the list. As WA was the only state who had my occupation on their list, i'm now essentially screwed!!! Where there's a will there's a way I suppose but i'm struggling to see any options for me at the moment. Feeling a little deflated to be honest, employer sponsorship would seem my only option now but I know this is not an easy option and one that may never happen. Think I might go have a good cry in a corner somewhere to get it out of my system!!!!:cry:

GUTTED!!!!

Huge hugs Hun :hug:

mrs keily

Devastating!!!! I know how she feels, I am trying to stay positive though, where there is a will there is a way!!! I cant offer any advice on where to go/what to do as I don't know myself but I am sending lots of good luck vibes her way.x

Oh Claire,

I am so so sorry for you hun I saw it at 5am this morning after looking numerous times through the night, also got an email from our Agent to say Hubby's occupation was not on either!!

I hope you do find a way, if I can help or you just want someone to talk to, pm me.

I am a bit worried now with WA as hubby's construction title apparently has never ever come off before this this due to mining work

Chin up!!

Bal.

x

Thanks Bal,

I appreciate it. I'm still in a little bit shock to be honest, cant believe we've come this far just to have it all snatched away, I think I may just allow myself to wallow for a day or two and then get back on it. I have to keep positive. Onwards and upwards as they say....I wont give up. Are you pushing through with SA now? Hope everything works put well for you and you get accepted soon. Let me know how you et on

Claire

Devastating!!!! I know how she feels, I am trying to stay positive though, where there is a will there is a way!!! I cant offer any advice on where to go/what to do as I don't know myself but I am sending lots of good luck vibes her way.x

its a horrible feeling ...sick to the stomach !! .....this was basically their only way to get here ...been trying for the last few years ...and its the only thing keeping me going the thought of them joining us ..... trying to stay positive and hope when I look tomorrow its back on :) .... hope you manage to find a way :hug:

mrs keily

Hi Claire,

Yes we are carryiong on with SA but Scotts job was high availability on list in August and now medium, I think they will all be reaching their limits soon and a new list will become available with your job on it I am sure. I will keep looking for you and will keep you posted on our visa too xx

Hi Claire,

Yes we are carryiong on with SA but Scotts job was high availability on list in August and now medium, I think they will all be reaching their limits soon and a new list will become available with your job on it I am sure. I will keep looking for you and will keep you posted on our visa too xx

I'm sure you will be fine....one of us has to have some luck! Rooting for you!xx

Hi Del70,

I know i'm devastated!!!!

I was under the impression Schedule 2 was off list which meant you had to have a job offer?? Hopefully for you this Is not the case and you are able to lodge a successful application. My occupation was on SA list last year but doesn't appear on there at the moment. I will just need to keep my eye on the lists, you never know it may pop up some where fingers crossed. Good luck with your application, hope it all works out for you.

Claire

Good luck with everything.......

It's not really clear what the Schedule 2 means. It says at the top of the page ;

A limited number of nominations are also available for applicants with Schedule 2 (offlist) occupations on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list.

.......so that makes it sound as if they are able to nominate a limited number of places........? Who knows?!!

I am so sorry for those with their dreams shattered and I am not trying to trivialise things in what I say however better now than later when you might have arrived here and not to be able to find work. Occupations come off the lists for a reason - there are not as many jobs and maybe it is just not a good time for you to come. I would much rather see jobs come off than people coming here and being unable to find work which is what has happened to some other members. As far as I am concerned some occupations should have come off the list an awful lot quicker. Things are really slowing down here and it is unfair for people to come here with the idea there is still as many opportunities as there used to be. As I said I am so sorry for people who had their hearts set on coming BUT things will pick up and there will be a better time for you to come in the future.

Good luck with everything.......

It's not really clear what the Schedule 2 means. It says at the top of the page ;

A limited number of nominations are also available for applicants with Schedule 2 (offlist) occupations on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list.

.......so that makes it sound as if they are able to nominate a limited number of places........? Who knows?!!

Hi, I believe from reading the criteria on the WA website to gain sponsorship for an off list occupation you need to have an offer of employment but they will limit the number of places they will sponsor. Are you a teacher? If so you will surely have opportunities in alternate states? I wish you the best of luck.

I am so sorry for those with their dreams shattered and I am not trying to trivialise things in what I say however better now than later when you might have arrived here and not to be able to find work. Occupations come off the lists for a reason - there are not as many jobs and maybe it is just not a good time for you to come. I would much rather see jobs come off than people coming here and being unable to find work which is what has happened to some other members. As far as I am concerned some occupations should have come off the list an awful lot quicker. Things are really slowing down here and it is unfair for people to come here with the idea there is still as many opportunities as there used to be. As I said I am so sorry for people who had their hearts set on coming BUT things will pick up and there will be a better time for you to come in the future.

I hear what you are saying and I am not saying for one minute this has ruined my life but I am more than a little disappointed. The whole process consumes your life. In regards to the job situation I have been monitoring Seek and there are lots of jobs for my occupation advertised, more so than in the UK. Its all just a little frustrating, what will be will be I guess. Im still hoping it will appear on another list at some point

Hi, I believe from reading the criteria on the WA website to gain sponsorship for an off list occupation you need to have an offer of employment but they will limit the number of places they will sponsor. Are you a teacher? If so you will surely have opportunities in alternate states? I wish you the best of luck.

Hi,

Where did you read that? Can you send me a link? It doesn't say anything about job offers on the 'WA - How to apply for state nomination' page. This is what it says ;

Western Australia offers State nomination for the permanent Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) visa and the temporary Nominated (provisional) (subclass 489) visa which allows migrants to live in regional Western Australia.

The process for obtaining State nomination is as follows:

1 Submit an eligible expression of interest (EOI) in the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) SkillSelect database.

For your EOI to be eligible you must:

Score at least 60 for the DIBP points test. This includes the points for State nomination which are automatically included in your EOI:

o Five points for the Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa; and

o Ten points for the Skilled - Nominated (provisional) (subclass 489) visa.

Have evidence of a skills assessment suitable for permanent migration in your nominated occupation.

Have a nominated occupation on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list schedule 1 or 2.

Have evidence of at least competent English (International English Language Testing System result of at least six in each band).

Be younger than 50 years of age.

Have Western Australia selected as the preferred State.

Yes, we're teachers - but Primary School Teachers, so we're not on many lists..... only Northern Territory I believe. :(

Hi,

Where did you read that? Can you send me a link? It doesn't say anything about job offers on the 'WA - How to apply for state nomination' page. This is what it says ;

Western Australia offers State nomination for the permanent Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) visa and the temporary Nominated (provisional) (subclass 489) visa which allows migrants to live in regional Western Australia.

The process for obtaining State nomination is as follows:

1 Submit an eligible expression of interest (EOI) in the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) SkillSelect database.

For your EOI to be eligible you must:

Score at least 60 for the DIBP points test. This includes the points for State nomination which are automatically included in your EOI:

o Five points for the Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa; and

o Ten points for the Skilled - Nominated (provisional) (subclass 489) visa.

Have evidence of a skills assessment suitable for permanent migration in your nominated occupation.

Have a nominated occupation on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list schedule 1 or 2.

Have evidence of at least competent English (International English Language Testing System result of at least six in each band).

Be younger than 50 years of age.

Have Western Australia selected as the preferred State.

Yes, we're teachers - but Primary School Teachers, so we're not on many lists..... only Northern Territory I believe. :(

Its on the criteria page under offlist criteria. I know they are currently reviewing the criteria for 2014 so this may change but at the minute unfortunately you need an offer of employment for 12 months. All the best though I hope this new list hasn't scuppered your plans too.

Archived