Australia iphone in UK

DonnaBB

My husband did the same. Got it unlocked before he went. He went into a little phone shop and they were going to charge $50 - went into Vodaphone (who he has contract with) and they did it for free - so check before you do it

I did mine. I looked at the Vodafone website (who are my carrier) and found an instructional video on there as to how to do it. It was pretty much backup, put the new sim in and then restore. Worked a treat and meant that I could use my Aus Vodafone whilst we were on holiday in the UK with an O2 sim.

So is it just a case of vice versa. My iPhone is locked to network 3 in UK.

So is all I need to do is buy an aus sim and it will work fine?

I've heard of some other people being told their phones will work fine by the provider only to find that once there it's no use.

I want to be prepared so I can use my phone ASAP.

Thanks in advance ;-)

So is it just a case of vice versa. My iPhone is locked to network 3 in UK.

So is all I need to do is buy an aus sim and it will work fine?

I've heard of some other people being told their phones will work fine by the provider only to find that once there it's no use.

I want to be prepared so I can use my phone ASAP.

Thanks in advance ;-)

No, if it is locked to a network it will NOT work on an Aus network. You will have to get it unlocked before you leave. If you buy it outright at an Apple store it will work on any network anywhere in the world.

No, if it is locked to a network it will NOT work on an Aus network. You will have to get it unlocked before you leave. If you buy it outright at an Apple store it will work on any network anywhere in the world.

Mine was locked to network 3 in the UK when i came to OZ, got it unlocked here,and now works on any oz network, went back to the UK to sort a few things and was able to use a vodafone pay as you go sim,

Took my unlocked iphone to UK - worked a treat - got my sister to send me an O2 PAYG sim so I could pop it in before I got there and use it straight away. Just don't forget your paperclip for opening the blooming phone to insert the sim. I went round stores at Singapore begging for a free paperclip and couldn't get one so used an earing!!

Mine was locked to network 3 in the UK when i came to OZ, got it unlocked here,and now works on any oz network, went back to the UK to sort a few things and was able to use a vodafone pay as you go sim,

That's good! It used to be nigh on impossible to find someone to unlock phones in Aus so it's good to see that someone has recognized the business opportunity. I always got mine unlocked by the "little man in the market" whenever I came to UK with a new phone! iPhones I buy outright though then you don't have to faff about and can chop and change payg sims as you like.

Archived