Poms In Big Pile Up.

Bobj

Never!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? Poms????????????? Tailgating?????????? It only happens in Oz, dontcha know?.......................mind you??????????????................. It could be pommy migrants doing the tailgating?????????.................Aussies are too busy over/undertaking that plethora of road trains that abound on our suburban highways.............................

To be fair, British motorways are so crowded that, if everyone left the proper distance, as the car at the head of a queue arrived in London, the car at the back of the queue would be in John O'Groats.

Never!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? Poms????????????? Tailgating?????????? It only happens in Oz, dontcha know?.......................mind you??????????????................. It could be pommy migrants doing the tailgating?????????.................Aussies are too busy over/undertaking that plethora of road trains that abound on our suburban highways.............................

What a load of bloody dross is dribbled out by the usual suspects

Anyone who tailgates is an idiot in my opinion, wherever they come from! I don't get into UK v Australia handbag posts, I've been tailgated in both countries so I have a balanced view, they're all idiots!

To be fair, British motorways are so crowded that, if everyone left the proper distance, as the car at the head of a queue arrived in London, the car at the back of the queue would be in John O'Groats.

Not much fun on the freeways here in perth either. 10yrs ago rushhour gridlock was a bus at a bustop. then someone shouted out about how beautiful perth is :biggrin:

I didn't think they were that frequent, I can't remember the last massive pile up.

It was down on the M5 near Taunton a couple of years ago. As I recall it was caused by the smoke from a bonfire at a Fireworks Night Party. Several people killed and multiple injuries. That was a very nasty one.

It's really not that bad :) though a lot depends on the time of day you're travelling. I've done Gateshead to Hereford in 4hrs 30, just once though!

It was down on the M5 near Taunton a couple of years ago. As I recall it was caused by the smoke from a bonfire at a Fireworks Night Party. Several people killed and multiple injuries. That was a very nasty one.

Oh yes! Did the organiser get charged over that?

Trying doing Portsmouth to Edinburgh in one day lol.

That's a trek! I've done Gateshead to Bordon, or Boredom as my daughter called it, which isn't too far from Portsmouth. Longest one I've done was few weeks ago, Perth to Carnarvon but I shared the driving with my OH.

Longest I've driven is Stranraer Scotland to Kent. With 2 kids (at the time aged 8 months and 6) on my own that was an experience lol xx

Brutal and brave!:laugh: My daughter invested in DVD players to alleviate the stress (hers) of their trips home! :) xx

Was unavoidable or I wouldn't have been so brave lol. We've got DVD players now for long journeys as we used to live in NI. That time wasn't actually too bad I surprised myself lol xx

They've been a godsend over the years! Not so good when you have to listen to Spongebob Squarepants on a loop! xx

Pompey is my home. love the seafront one end countryside the other, worked in Boredom for few weeks replacing boilers in army barracks. best bit bout bordon was the country drive to and from it, and that frekin chinook chopper that pops up from that not so secret landing area was due to give me heart attack. :laugh:

The countryside is lovely around there. I liked Portsmouth and loved tootling around Petersfield. Agree about the Chinook, it's scarey when it's hovering overhead! The huge tanks rolling along the road are the same, massive and so loud, surprised they don't crack the Tarmac!!

Is that near the Hopwood services? I often drive along there on my way to Hereford, get tailgated by impatient drivers in their fast cars and I'm not a slow driver!

yeah lindor , but i got the junction wrong , its between 2 - hopwood services and jc 1 bromsgrove turn off ....you go up the hill , and then down towards jc 1 ......thats where the fog sits in the winter ....

yeah lindor , but i got the junction wrong , its between 2 - hopwood services and jc 1 bromsgrove turn off ....you go up the hill , and then down towards jc 1 ......thats where the fog sits in the winter ....

If I stop its usually there but thankfully it's never been foggy! I'll be there next week, hope it stays clear!

Archived