Poms In Big Pile Up.

Bobj

They seem to have a lot of pile ups there. More traffic on the roads, faster driving, less speeding fines? I don't think you would get such a big one here, there are too many cameras around. Years ago I remember watching one happen on the M1 in icy conditions. We were flashing at everyone but they just ignored us and kept coming at very high speeds.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Crazy driving with too much traffic causes many a massive pile up here in the UK, it happens often, is it the same down under?

Just grateful no one was killed after seeing the injuries first hand. And as for saying all Southern drivers are tools at driving.... I think everywhere has 'tools' up north, down south, everywhere in between and in every country where they drive. It only takes one bad driver to cause an accident or a driver good or bad to make a mistake.

Just grateful no one was killed after seeing the injuries first hand. And as for saying all Southern drivers are tools at driving.... I think everywhere has 'tools' up north, down south, everywhere in between and in every country where they drive. It only takes one bad driver to cause an accident or a driver good or bad to make a mistake.

It was said tongue in cheek but not that the sentiment isn't true. A pile up of 130 vehicles was not caused by one bad driver, it was a bloody load of them.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Often? When was the last 100+ car pileup?

I think this is the first 100+ one. I said massive pile ups happen often, which they do, I've lost count of them.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
[TABLE=class: wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter]

[TR]

[TD]10 March 1997[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]M42 motorway in the United Kingdom, due to fog – 160 vehicles involved, 3 deaths, 60 injuries[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple-vehicle_collision

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_M42_motorway_crash

Thats clever, I wonder if there's an Australian version?

[TR]

[TD]10 March 1997[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]M42 motorway in the United Kingdom, due to fog – 160 vehicles involved, 3 deaths, 60 injuries[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thats the last one I remember. Absolute carnage, I think it was foggy then. Remember reading an article in the Readers Digest a while later describing how they worked out how the crash unfolded vehicle by vehicle and what happened to the individual cars and the occupants. Fascinating reading.

[TR]

[TD]10 March 1997

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]M42 motorway in the United Kingdom, due to fog – 160 vehicles involved, 3 deaths, 60 injuries

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

that accident was 10 miles from my house ....i know exactly where it was .

the m42 goes into a dip between jc 3 and 2 .

On this particular day ,he drove into a sheer wall of fog ...it was absolute mayhem .

He managed to pull over , jump out of his car and get over the barrier .

He didnt see any accidents , but heard everyone of them .

That was an accident in every sense of the word .....it wasnt due to bad driving or speed , it was one of those things

Guest Guest 47403

Thank god no one was killed, the last bad one I remember was around bonfire night a couple of years ago on the M5 mixture of fog, smoke from bonfires and still conditions......horrible.

that accident was 10 miles from my house ....i know exactly where it was .

the m42 goes into a dip between jc 3 and 2 .

On this particular day ,he drove into a sheer wall of fog ...it was absolute mayhem .

He managed to pull over , jump out of his car and get over the barrier .

He didnt see any accidents , but heard everyone of them .

That was an accident in every sense of the word .....it wasnt due to bad driving or speed , it was one of those things

Is that near the Hopwood services? I often drive along there on my way to Hereford, get tailgated by impatient drivers in their fast cars and I'm not a slow driver!

Is that near the Hopwood services? I often drive along there on my way to Hereford, get tailgated by impatient drivers in their fast cars and I'm not a slow driver!

Never!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? Poms????????????? Tailgating?????????? It only happens in Oz, dontcha know?.......................mind you??????????????................. It could be pommy migrants doing the tailgating?????????.................Aussies are too busy over/undertaking that plethora of road trains that abound on our suburban highways.............................

What a load of bloody dross is dribbled out by the usual suspects

Never!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? Poms????????????? Tailgating?????????? It only happens in Oz, dontcha know?.......................mind you??????????????................. It could be pommy migrants doing the tailgating?????????.................Aussies are too busy over/undertaking that plethora of road trains that abound on our suburban highways.............................

What a load of bloody dross is dribbled out by the usual suspects

I'm really not sure how to react to that.....

Archived