McMansions

fifi69

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen

I like McMansions but there are lots who don't. I just wish they had them in Cairns but like I said on another thread they would probably blow away when the winds pick up lol.

Guest The Pom Queen
Very nice, still as boring as he'll though, no matter how big your house is

.??? Where is boring, I didn't realise you had visited every suburb in every State Paul, sorry my bad

Guest The Pom Queen
Yawn

Oh no you aren't getting bored with yourself are you. Now please stop trying to spoil a good thread as I may not be as forgiving next time

Guest The Pom Queen
love it PQ

love what you can do with house here. def beats the like of Barrett and Wimpey in the UK for mass productions

Totally agree. I still prefer double storey houses over single storey but the bungalow style seem to be the favourite here.

Guest The Pom Queen
Ha ha ha and 95% of people moving there wouldn't even be able to buy the bottom floor of that place.. 1.5-2 million.. Your old terraced houses ain't got that much money in them

The one in Narre is prob a million but there are plenty out there that aren't, did you see the one we had in Melbourne and that's from an "old terraced house"

Guest The Pom Queen

Paul has kindly volunteered not to play on this thread for the next 24 hours hence why a couple of posts have been deleted. Now, where were we...

Love viewing houses and dreaming for the future, so thankyou. Some of these prob are not achievable for the majority but I don't see the harm in looking.

Just because these aren't some peoples taste does not mean that they are not beautiful houses to some. The thing I love from looking at property in Australia is there is something for everyone, some have culture, some have a young surf style vibe and some are modern.

The thing I dislike about English houses is they all seem to be the same. I have moved around the country and no matter what City I live in the housing seems the same. Maybe I have lived here too long already!

If people don't like a thread, why do they feel the need to belittle others posts? Are you so bored, you have nothing better to do? I really hope Oz isn't full of people like you when I get there. Feel free to fly home!

Edited by jac2011

a5ejasaz.jpg

I don't like the others but this one has character. It reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wrights "Falling Water".

The best things in life aren't things.

Very stylish, I think that house looks great, but then if we all liked the same things life would be boring.

I much prefer new-builds, and I personally think that 'second-hand' homes in Australia look rather grotty and dated compared to second-hand ones in the UK. Of course, I haven't seen them in person (other than my friend's when I was over there) - just photos on real estate websites, but then the new builds were all on the same websites too. It's horses for courses - if we all preferred the same style of house then they would become unaffordable! Old houses have more period features and quirkiness, but require a lot more work and maintenance, and 'quirkiness' can often be a realtor's term for 'dodgy'. And just because new houses have no history, that doesn't (in my 'humble' opinion) make them boring by any means. A house is as interesting as you make it - just like a house isn't a home until you make it one.

:-)

I much prefer new-builds, and look. I personally think that 'second-hand' homes in Australia rather grotty and dated compared to second-hand ones in the UK. Of course, I haven't seen them in person (other than my friend's when I was over there) - just photos on real estate websites, but then the new builds were all on the same websites too. It's horses for courses - if we all preferred the same style of house then they would become unaffordable! Old houses have more period features and quirkiness, but require a lot more work and maintenance, and 'quirkiness' can often be a realtor's term for 'dodgy'. And just because new houses have no history, that doesn't (in my 'humble' opinion) make them boring by any means. A house is as interesting as you make it - just like a house isn't a home until you make it one.

:-)

Of course, just have a squiz here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049676/Welcome-Slums-Southall-How-unscrupulous-landlords-illegally-built-squalid-homes-immigrants.html

CCheers, Bobj.

Here is one in Narre Warren

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20582[/ATTACH]

I don't mind these houses per se, but what's with the Louis XIV birdbath? Is that the virgin Mary taking a dip?

What amazes me is that even in these top of the range builds you hardly ever see double glazing.

@PomQueen. If you want a thread to cheer people up, what about a competition for the best, and tackiest, home bar. When we were looking for houses on RealEstate some real humdingers would pop up now and then. And I'm willing to bet that the worst offender are in WA.