More Money.

surfandsea

So as of 1st september its going to cost even more for a visa. they hiked it up 1st july and now again. .

I might have to pull out of this visa nonsence as its becoming soooo costly. . maybe ill jump on a boat and see how that goes. . Dreams turn to knightmares.

So as of 1st september its going to cost even more for a visa. they hiked it up 1st july and now again. .

I might have to pull out of this visa nonsence as its becoming soooo costly. . maybe ill jump on a boat and see how that goes. . Dreams turn to knightmares.

probably a blessing if you find it hard now as it does not stop there.

It is a costly business...but the money becomes kind of irrelevant to be honest..if you really want it you'll find it ..and not think too much about it..at least thats how it was for us..it was like...how much? Shite..ok lets write that amount off..get on with it...worth it..any amount etc..priceless...kind of like paying for a major op for your priceless dog or family member...if you dont feel that way about it....well...more resentment to come I suspect?? Just my thoughts dont take it personally!

It is a costly business...but the money becomes kind of irrelevant to be honest..if you really want it you'll find it ..and not think too much about it..at least thats how it was for us..it was like...how much? Shite..ok lets write that amount off..get on with it...worth it..any amount etc..priceless...kind of like paying for a major op for your priceless dog or family member...if you dont feel that way about it....well...more resentment to come I suspect?? Just my thoughts dont take it personally!

I agree with your post if its been your dream then I would imagine you would jump thru hoops. For me I hadn't even considered coming to Oz and I reckon if I had been asked for the money what they want now plus the rigmorale of skill tests, ielts etc that some people have to go thru I would have bought a holiday home on the costas instead.

Don't get me wrong i love it here, its an ace place to be....but would I put my life on hold for year upon year saving to come. No way

I agree with your post if its been your dream then I would imagine you would jump thru hoops. For me I hadn't even considered coming to Oz and I reckon if I had been asked for the money what they want now plus the rigmorale of skill tests, ielts etc that some people have to go thru I would have bought a holiday home on the costas instead.

Don't get me wrong i love it here, its an ace place to be....but would I put my life on hold for year upon year saving to come. No way

+1. Quite agree.

Agree Fifi,im not well up on the visa's now,cant see me passing an English test,i find it hard even sounding English lmao,plus these trade tests as well,i didnt have to do all that,and to me it was still a big hassle,so god help them now

Agree Fifi,im not well up on the visa's now,cant see me passing an English test,i find it hard even sounding English lmao,plus these trade tests as well,i didnt have to do all that,and to me it was still a big hassle,so god help them now

Even down to the medicals Pabs, which we did last month for our PR. what a joke they are. Could have gone on a round the world cruise for what it cost. On the ship I could have seen the Dr for a top to toe health check. Here...well I can't even explain what a joke it was.

Even down to the medicals Pabs, which we did last month for our PR. what a joke they are. Could have gone on a round the world cruise for what it cost. On the ship I could have seen the Dr for a top to toe health check. Here...well I can't even explain what a joke it was.

Ahhhh you done them in Aus i take it Fifi? i paid about £250 for mine here

It strikes me that they are trying to dissuade people from immigrating here. There is certainly no encouragement when they treat people on 457s the way they have and then increase the price of visas for people who want to make a long term commitment to the country by going for permanent residency.

I wonder why they would do that?

Surely someone has got out their HSC textbook in economics and realised that demand is relatively inelastic in this case. If the partner visa was $50,000 people would still pay it. The UK equivalent is GBP850 i think which when compared is seriously cheap when you consider 2 years after you can sign on!

Horrible situation and I dread what we might has to pay one day for a visa but unless their is some human rights treaty which sets a limit for visa costs australia has no limit to what it can charge - $1 mil if it chooses

I'm glad we got our visas sorted by March this year. The cost would now be almost double. Not only would the visa cost, which was $3000(ish) now be that PLUS $1500 for OH and $750 for each of the two kids but also TRA assessment has gone up from the $300 I paid to $900-$1100!!!!!

I always felt that with IELTS, skills assessments, age restrictions etc that they made it hard to get in unless you fit the profile they want and you're very determined. Now that has stepped up a few notches more.

It strikes me that they are trying to dissuade people from immigrating here. There is certainly no encouragement when they treat people on 457s the way they have and then increase the price of visas for people who want to make a long term commitment to the country by going for permanent residency.

I wonder why they would do that?

Maybe they are making harder to migrate and maybe its because things (jobs, economy etc) are slowing down a little here. Years ago you had to show a healthy bank balance just to be considered, i think Australia adapts their migration policy in line with how the country is doing. I dont think thats a bad thing overall.

Cal x

Archived