4 Years In Perth and what it, like living here , the pro's and con,s

Highland Laddie

You obviously didn't stay long if you walked the street in a minute lol ... I do have visions of you having your stop watch at the ready

Didn't need one. Walked down the street turned round to the misses and said " is that it..???" If there 10 units in a line I'd be surprised

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't need one. Walked down the street turned round to the misses and said " is that it..???" If there 10 units in a line I'd be surprised

I can imagine you doing that too - what a waste of a night out ... did you go home then?

Who said it was night..??

Sorry ... assumed with Paul mentioning bars your comments were related to a night out ... but even so ... after your one minute walk and commenting to your OH I do wonder if you then went home?

Why do you have to be such a bitch about it? Sneering down your nose and pouring scorn on other peoples idea of fun and lifestyle. I feel sorry for you.

No he's passing comment on how he finds it. Nothing remotely sneering about his threads. Other's are welcome to their suburban sense of ideal, just as others have equal right to point out its short comings. Why you and others need to defend constantly every critique is a little odd. Folk write how they see it and the lover's have no greater right to pass judgement than the detractors.

Im pretty sure there's more than one street in Leederville that has bars, clubs and places to eat. I've never been to sunset VCs but Leederville is a pretty cool little place. Doesn't pretend to be anything its not...I like it...but then I suppose I would wouldnt I:)

Well Leederville is one of the principle centres to go out in.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
No he's passing comment on how he finds it. Nothing remotely sneering about his threads. Other's are welcome to their suburban sense of ideal, just as others have equal right to point out its short comings. Why you and others need to defend constantly every critique is a little odd. Folk write how they see it and the lover's have no greater right to pass judgement than the detractors.

You don't honestly believe this do you ?

Sorry ... assumed with Paul mentioning bars your comments were related to a night out ... but even so ... after your one minute walk and commenting to your OH I do wonder if you then went home?

Yes I already had my coffee at the dome, was going to eat there but decided that $20 for bacon and egg was taking the piss.

Yes I already had my coffee at the dome, was going to eat there but decided that $20 for bacon and egg was taking the piss.

Try the one at Trinity Arcade in the city ... the prices seem a bit cheaper - we didn't pay that much I'm sure

Edited by ali

1 small street mate .. Few bars that's it .. Like I said 1 minute if that . Was there 4 weeks ago

It's something for Perth but yes smallish. At least there's a vibe and is one of the more walkable suburbs. Leederville has had so many plans over the past decade drawn up with some excellent town projects, only to have little proceed.

Still at least it has an urban feel rare for Perth and a short walk to the city.

Guest Guest26012

I can get a big breakfast for that! Don't like the dome though. Had a brekky there once and it wasn't nice. They're all different though I guess!

Did we go to a place in Leederville once?

Yes we did, I seem to remeber we had a rather jolly evening, we definitely visited more than one street, we probably went into 4 bars...went with Irishgirl too and we definitely walked around several streets finding some very busy and interesting bars...the Garden is a nice place though too many youngsters for my liking.

Guest Guest26012
Yes we did, I seem to remeber we had a rather jolly evening, we definitely visited more than one street, we probably went into 4 bars...went with Irishgirl too and we definitely walked around several streets finding some very busy and interesting bars...the Garden is a nice place though too many youngsters for my liking.

Never been HH. Sounds like a nice place though? If its youngsters though I'm a bit old for that lol!

That is EXACTLY what I thought....I cant take them seriously...its like talking to my 16 year old....you can't have a sensible discussion with someone who sees things so very, very differently to you....it baffles me tbh...

Or in other words you find it is hard to have a rational discussion with folk that don't quite see things the same way as you. Some of us can see all sides of the equation and critique with the knowledge of having an historical reference, not solely a tourist perspective as a regular poster does nor newer arrivals as yourself.

It is the diversity of views in such comments that give worth to such posts. Not forgetting a greater perspective to those with no knowledge of the place. There are plenty of positive posters to counter the realists, or what you may term negative.

Guest Guest26012
The only brekkie I have in Dome is eggs benedict with salmon, its gorgeous! Best thing on the menu!

Love eggs benedict, my favourite!