4 Years In Perth and what it, like living here , the pro's and con,s

Highland Laddie

Or in other words you find it is hard to have a rational discussion with folk that don't quite see things the same way as you. Some of us can see all sides of the equation and critique with the knowledge of having an historical reference, not solely a tourist perspective as a regular poster does nor newer arrivals as yourself.

It is the diversity of views in such comments that give worth to such posts. Not forgetting a greater perspective to those with no knowledge of the place. There are plenty of positive posters to counter the realists, or what you may term negative.

Maybe HH is just sick of the same old people spouting the same old sh!te... It's easy to spot the realists from people with an agenda! Same old same old!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The negativity is fine..its the condescending superior attitude that rubs me up the wrong way tbh...I think they ought to read their posts back sometimes and try to be objective. I cba anymore tbh...as I said it truly baffles me how people can be so 'blind' I guess to the way they present their views...and such hypocrisy in criticising those who defend what they like!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Maybe HH is just sick of the same old people spouting the same old sh!te... It's easy to spot the realists from people with an agenda! Same old same old!

Like I said before, if they said, I don't like this, or I don't like that, but ..... This is ok, or this is great, then you would say, that's fair enuf, but when they go on and on and on ...... About how crap it is and nothings any good, you think to yerself ....... What a load of cods wallop....... Australia's not for everyone, but a bit of balance from posters makes them more believeable, especially when they let slip that they are earning fantastic money that will allow them to be mortgage free back in the UK, which clearly shows things are a lot better there than they would like us to believe it is.

Like I said before, if they said, I don't like this, or I don't like that, but ..... This is ok, or this is great, then you would say, that's fair enuf, but when they go on and on and on ...... About how crap it is and nothings any good, you think to yerself ....... What a load of cods wallop....... Australia's not for everyone, but a bit of balance from posters makes them more believeable, especially when they let slip that they are earning fantastic money that will allow them to be mortgage free back in the UK, which clearly shows things are a lot better there than they would like us to believe it is.

And it clearly shows somebody worked hard before that left for Australia and only has a small mortgage in the UK. You've put yourself on the perch big time

Guest The Ropey HOFF
And it clearly shows somebody worked hard before that left for Australia and only has a small mortgage in the UK. You've put yourself on the perch big time

I suppose this makes some sense to you, but it makes no sense at all to me, are you on the vino de meth at the mo? Lol

Guest Guest26012

I tend to agree Jim. Living in Perth is by far from perfect. It's expensive, it's a long way from the uk, the culture takes a long time to get used to IMO! I don't whinge about those things though. Have always tried to be realistic when asked for advice re coming to Perth. I don't mind anyone critiquing my posts, feel free to do so but it's the constant jumping on the threads knocking anything that's positive that is tedious. Ok, give us your point of view but try and be a tad constructive at the same time? If you don't like living here, that's fine. If you see your life here as unbearable, that's fine. We defend where we live, if we're happy, human nature. But just say we're not happy here without the need to slag off every minute detail of everything positive. It's bloody boring!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
No.. You had baz make a fine pair...

Eh ???? Put the glass down and walk away, go to bed and sleep it hoff, you can dream about me if you want, lol

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I've never known a bloke to know so much about living in a country who has only ever been on holiday there..!!

Cheers, at least most people believe what I say, lol. :wink::laugh:

Guest Guest26012
I've never known a bloke to know so much about living in a country who has only ever been on holiday there..!!

At least he brings something positive lol!

I agree. We have been here 5 years and we are bored. bored bored! We have 3 young kids, and yes they love the beach, and the playparks but there is more to life than going to beach.!! Hubby said what shall we do this weekend that doesnt include the beach or a playpark, and we couldnt think of anything! We have travelled down south on holiday to busselton through to albany etc but after 5 years even the kids get bored with the same old same old. I dont know what I thought my oz dream would be like, but perth certainly doesnt add up. its great for weather, beaches, play parks etc but cuturally it lacks. also the isolation factor is setting in, as I have no interest in going to Asia or Bail (been there without kids and definately do not want to do another beach holiday/tourist trap. We finally after much deliberation feel that this is not the australian dream and we need do do something for us, not just live in a suburb on the edge of the freeway doing the 9-5. Although its a big gamble, east coast is where we want to be. Trying to get a job when you are in WA is so difficult, that we have decided we will just have to make the move at the end of the year. That way the kids can start a new school without too much disruption. I wouldnt go back to the UK, we have made the committment to stay, but it has to be the right choice. Finally the prices are outrageous. fish and chips for 5 in a pub $160! not good!

I agree. We have been here 5 years and we are bored. bored bored! We have 3 young kids, and yes they love the beach, and the playparks but there is more to life than going to beach.!! Hubby said what shall we do this weekend that doesnt include the beach or a playpark, and we couldnt think of anything! We have travelled down south on holiday to busselton through to albany etc but after 5 years even the kids get bored with the same old same old. I dont know what I thought my oz dream would be like, but perth certainly doesnt add up. its great for weather, beaches, play parks etc but cuturally it lacks. also the isolation factor is setting in, as I have no interest in going to Asia or Bail (been there without kids and definately do not want to do another beach holiday/tourist trap. We finally after much deliberation feel that this is not the australian dream and we need do do something for us, not just live in a suburb on the edge of the freeway doing the 9-5. Although its a big gamble, east coast is where we want to be. Trying to get a job when you are in WA is so difficult, that we have decided we will just have to make the move at the end of the year. That way the kids can start a new school without too much disruption. I wouldnt go back to the UK, we have made the committment to stay, but it has to be the right choice. Finally the prices are outrageous. fish and chips for 5 in a pub $160! not good!

Where are you off to?

Mad cow, hoff... What do you think..??? Another person talking crap..??

Guest Guest26012

Good on ya! Perth is not for everyone? Good luck in the future!

Guest Guest26012
Mad cow, hoff... What do you think..??? Another person talking crap..??

Have just replied! No, it's not crap, it's just one persons perspective? Of course, you'd jump on it Paul, expected!

Have just replied! No, it's not crap, it's just one persons perspective? Of course, you'd jump on it Paul, expected!

Yet ANOTHER person saying its boring... Ha ha you keep defending girl. The only city in Australia to continually get bagged on this site..!!!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Why would they as You've never lived there..!!

Doesn't have to be exclusively or mandatory that you have to live there to have a view on the place, I have been for over two months and I liked it, plus I have a lot of friends and family over there who love it as well, it wasn't until I came on here that I found out that some people don't actually like it and there's even one person who hates everything about it apart from the great money they are earning.

Yet ANOTHER person saying its boring... Ha ha you keep defending girl. The only city in Australia to continually get bagged on this site..!!!

But as you mentioned about someone else - a lot of the bagging on the site is from people who have never been to or lived in Perth - it is each to their own - some of us seem to be able to accept that and others don't - guess that's just the way of the world.

Guest Guest26012

Do you go on the other PIO sites? YES it's ONE person again! My answer to their post was polite! Did you answer their post Paul? You just jumped on the negativity, as usual, and make an ass of yourself! Now go and read a book or something!

Do you go on the other PIO sites? YES it's ONE person again! My answer to their post was polite! Did you answer their post Paul? You just jumped on the negativity, as usual, and make an ass of yourself! Now go and read a book or something!

And again and again

Doesn't have to be exclusively or mandatory that you have to live there to have a view on the place, I have been for over two months and I liked it, plus I have a lot of friends and family over there who love it as well, it wasn't until I came on here that I found out that some people don't actually like it and there's even one person who hates everything about it apart from the great money they are earning.

Yes it does.. You know nothing about LIVING here.. Nothing at all