Anyone Flown with Malaysia Airlines??

Kellypeachey

Yep, flew return from Sydney to London via KL with them in January. Great service and good food. Flew A380 between London and KL but the leg between KL and Sydney was on a much oslder plane so the entertainment system truly sucked. Luckily I had my ipad with me.

Ive flown loads of times with them they are a good airline , with excellent service ,i would fly with them before i would choose qantas or british , my dads done the australia to uk route 3 times with them , ive traveled all through asia with them and hubby has flown to the usa twice on malaysian air

Lovely airline. I like them.

We tend to take the Singapore route though and change at Changi as I prefer the airport for a few hours with kids as much more to do etc while waiting for the connecting flight.

That is a good price though. How old are your kids? We paid £1900 for 2 adults and one child with Singapore airlines from LHR to Adelaide, flying in October. Guess the price can depend on when you fly. Are the stop over times decent? As in you are not sat in KL airport for 15 hours or something daft. If they are good (and I consider anything under a few hours a decent changeover time) then go for it if you like the price and stuff.

We went with them last year - that is good price - we were about the same for 2 Adult & 1 child (under 2 - but paid for a seat). Had no issues with them apart from they lost our buggy, was suppose to get it back at the gate in KL but somehow had been put with the checked in baggage, thankfully the gate for connecting flight was really close.

Didnt turn up in Perth either - got it a few days later. Think our buggy is cursed as its the third time its happened.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest littlesarah

I've flown with MAS a few times, and think they're pretty good. Though, if I'm honest, thus far we've been lucky and not had any truly awful flights...

Has anyone got any good or bad comments on Malaysia Airlines, just been quoted £2,390.00 for family of four from Heathrow to Brisbane. Not a bad price I know, but has anyone flown with them before??

Thanks

Kelly

Yep flew with them from Perth and back via KL. That has to be one of the most impressive airports I've seen anywhere. We stopped over in KL with a short stay on the way there. The hotel was near the airport as we didn't get into KL till about 10:00pm and had to fly the following morning at 06:00am. The transport to from the hotel was fine. My youngest woke up to the sounds of the mosque calling them to prayer. He just said who's that singing, it was about 5:00am and he was only 7 at the time.

On the way back we had a longer stay and the hotel was quite a way from the airport. What a nice surprise it was. In the middle of a huge golf course, massive hotel with a huge pool area, big gardens, 3 restaurants, really nice room. Went to check out the restaurants and had to do a quick conversion to see how much things were, it was so cheap we thought we were making a mistake. Really nice meal in the best one of the 3 and great value.

If we flew with them again we thought we would like to stay a few days in Malaysia as we felt we needed a holiday after we got back.

Flights, service, food, all good.

Really glad to read all your accounts guys. We have never flown with them before. We are booked to fly on 8/10. We booked through IOM to get the 40kg allowance and paid £1260 for both of us. We are on the A380 from Heathrow to KL and then a small 2,3,2 plane from KL to Perth.

Kellypeachey, there is a good vid on youtube of their economy class to give you an idea.

Hi we recently flew with them, we got three kids they was excellent we stopped in kl for just two hrs you get of the flight from heathrow and walk a short distance to connecting flight. We had time to go the loo get a drink and was then on the flight. We flew on the airbus great plane very roomy and comfortable. They was brilliant with kids aswell. Hve a good flight

I have flown this route many times with a variety of airlines, including MAS several times. As you say it is an A380 from LHR to KUL, then I believe an Airbus A330 to Aussie. The service level on MAS is good, all with individual TV screens (which even now some of the lessor known airlines don't have !!). KL airport is easy to transfer between long-haul flights. 99% in the same terminal section, so just a short walk, with no need to take shuttle train to other section of terminal. Security wise, when you arrive and get off the plane you are straight in the departure area, with the shops, toilets, food etc. At the most, depending on which gate the next flight goes from, you will have a 7-10 minute walk, lots of travelators as well. The security checks for departure are done at each departure gate (due to arriving and departing passengers mixing in the airport). Be aware if you have any liquid over the standard 100ml, such as a bottle of water) you will not be allowed to take it through the security as you go into the departure gate. If you want a bottle of water with you on the flight, take an empty one and get the crew to fill it up for you once on board. this is what I have done and the crew are very used to this request!! In the main terminal area there are plenty of water fountains, but as I said you cant take full bottles onto the plane !! This procedure is different to a lot of airports so beware... other than that the airport is a nice modern easy to get around one...easy for a transit as no changing terminals!! Enjoy the trip

Archived