Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Guest Allsopps3
Hi there

i requested my transcript from my college back 25/01/08 and have yet to hear anything, i checked with the bank this week and the cheque hasn't even been cashed!!! I have contacted the college and all they keep saying is 'we have loads of requests as everyone wants to go to australia' - I know I am one of them. they told me it would take 2 months maximum to send the transcript to ANMC so i have already sent off my skills assessment!! Can anyone tell me how long it took their respective college's to send out the transcript? Am i being unrealistic at thinking the ANMC should have got it by now?

Info graetfully appreciated. Have been offered job on a 457 visa but really want to work part time so may go for PR instead.

Hi. I requested mine last Oct and it only took 10-14 days but I don't know what the average is. Sorry!

Tracey

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I asked kings in London to send mine in march 2007, it was never recieved by ANC. I chased they said it had been sent. They said they sent another and still this was not recieved. SEPT 07 i was going spare. I copied in both ANC and Kings in snotty email and told them i don't know whats going on between them, i did'nt know who to believe. But this was what was going to happen. Got Kings to send it to me and then unopened i posted to ANC so as i knew if the ANC said they did not recieve it again i knew who was at fault. Anyway advice: Continue to chase and ask for confirmation from the aNC when they recieve it as they don't rush to let you know they have not recieved it. In the end went on husband as main applicant in the july and his was all much quicker. Seems to me there is a conspiricy to keep nurses here!!!!!

Guest ashmalog
Hi

I asked kings in London to send mine in march 2007, it was never recieved by ANC. I chased they said it had been sent. They said they sent another and still this was not recieved. SEPT 07 i was going spare. I copied in both ANC and Kings in snotty email and told them i don't know whats going on between them, i did'nt know who to believe. But this was what was going to happen. Got Kings to send it to me and then unopened i posted to ANC so as i knew if the ANC said they did not recieve it again i knew who was at fault. Anyway advice: Continue to chase and ask for confirmation from the aNC when they recieve it as they don't rush to let you know they have not recieved it. In the end went on husband as main applicant in the july and his was all much quicker. Seems to me there is a conspiricy to keep nurses here!!!!!

thanks for that info, i will chase up anmc also, i agree with the last comment, they don't seem to be working very quickly, some people though are getting them sent in a matter of weeks. i will persevere. the NHS will not win on this one!!

hello, not had chance to read loads of your threads yet, but thought i'd say "hello". i'm a scrub nurse looking to move asap to brisbane area. have contacted lots of the hospitals and agencies - who seem keen but really wanna have 2 months doin a lot of chilling (after this ridiculous wait for visa). then i can chose best job / location / money etc. any way good luck people xx

visa lodged - 24 aug 07

reciepted - Feb 08

all meds and police checks done

Awaiting CO STILL house up for sale

Guest jazzyconkers

hello everyone

welll we went to the London Expo, it was ok, in as much as we have now decided on Perth,

next step is registration with western nursing board, have read lots but still need some help, so please bear with me.

for police check do i just apply to our CRB department? or do i need to liase with the nurses board from oz

and transcrips of education, do i e-mail my university for them, i take it a transcript is different from my actual certificates?

excuse my ignorance

Hi the police check is from scotland yard (you apply via either your police station or local HQ), it's for the purpose of migration. Your transcript of training is the syllabus, you will also need to copy your certificate. You should be able to get the transcript from the place you trained.

Ali

Hi Mags

Great idea!:idea:

I'm Brenda married with a 12 year old girl and a boy who's 2 in April.

Husband a plumber/gas fitter. Applied for 175 6th Dec. Waiting for QNC registration applied end of December.

Have been a nurse for 25 years in May !! wow I really need a break from the NHS !!

Hoping to go to Redland Bay/Wellington point area outside Brisbane.

House valued last week and going up for sale next week.

We can't wait to go.

Good Luck to all !:jiggy:

Brenda

hi there i'm sarah 28, also with a plumber / pipe fitter and waiting for our visa. i'm one of the unfortunate aug applications so ya might get there before us! good luck anyway xx

hi there. wondered if there were any scrub nurses who've moved. working still in the same hospital i've trained in and slightly worried that instruments and all sorts are gonna be called different things and everything done differently. any advice would be top!

work in a day care unit now so no weekends / lates etc, and would love the same out there (not asking too much to wanna enjoy my weekends of sun is it?)

good luck any one applying and nice one everyone who's there !!

applied for 136 - aug 07

reciept and acknowledgement - feb 08

NO CASE OFFICER YET !!!

Guest jazzyconkers
Hi the police check is from scotland yard (you apply via either your police station or local HQ), it's for the purpose of migration. Your transcript of training is the syllabus, you will also need to copy your certificate. You should be able to get the transcript from the place you trained.

Ali

Cheers Ali

you are a wealth og knowlege and a star

Guest ashmalog
hello, not had chance to read loads of your threads yet, but thought i'd say "hello". i'm a scrub nurse looking to move asap to brisbane area. have contacted lots of the hospitals and agencies - who seem keen but really wanna have 2 months doin a lot of chilling (after this ridiculous wait for visa). then i can chose best job / location / money etc. any way good luck people xx

visa lodged - 24 aug 07

reciepted - Feb 08

all meds and police checks done

Awaiting CO STILL house up for sale

hi there, i hope you have better lck requesting ur transcript from ur college, i requested mine from cambridge in jan and i am still waitng for the ANMC to receive it. they have stopped returning my emails!!!! we are going to melbourne. they say it is best to apply to the nursing board in oz first before you do skills assessment as it is cheaper. which i had read earlier posts!!!! scan through the lot and you will find a wealth of info. good luck

Guest juliej

hi Brenda just read your thread on moving to oz.I have been a theatre nurse for 19yrs and feel the same way you do about the NHS . Just started researching hospitals (have you heard of mater hospitals in Brisbane?) and also could i ask you if you had an agent and did you go for sponsership.

hope to hear from you

regardsJuliexx

Guest juliej

hi sarah

thought i'd just say hello, i am a theatre nurse also just starting the research of moving to brisbane have you got an agent? and have you got sponsership?. Where are you going to work? loads of questions to ask. I fancy working at the Mater hospitalhave you heard of it?

regards Julie Jxxx

Guest thehappymidwife
hi sarah

thought i'd just say hello, i am a theatre nurse also just starting the research of moving to brisbane have you got an agent? and have you got sponsership?. Where are you going to work? loads of questions to ask. I fancy working at the Mater hospitalhave you heard of it?

regards Julie Jxxx

Hi Julie, Im a midwife and Ive just accepted a job at Mater Mothers so thought Id say hi!

:jiggy:Jen

Guest caffhall

Hi,

I am looking to move to Melbourne, anyone know of Community Mental Health / Substance Misuse Teams in Southern suburbs / Mornington / Frankston areas?

Cath

:unsure:

Guest CathCol

:unsure:HI After a bit of a run around I got talking to the right person about the transcript of training. Iam trying to gather a few bits and pieces up - anyway she says its the relevant authority that requests this and it is not usual to send to the visa applicant. Anyone know what does happen? Thanks Catherine

Guest JoanneHattersley
:unsure:HI After a bit of a run around I got talking to the right person about the transcript of training. Iam trying to gather a few bits and pieces up - anyway she says its the relevant authority that requests this and it is not usual to send to the visa applicant. Anyone know what does happen? Thanks Catherine

I had to arrange for it to be sent from my nursing school to ANMC. Easily done , cost bout 35quid I think

I had to request mine and as I trained many moons ago they had some difficulty locating one - however, they did eventually. They sent it me and I duly sent it off to the ANMC who returned it to me saying they had already been sent one.

Ali

Guest vicky & jason

Hi everyone, just been reading all your threads and wanted to let you know you are all doing the right thing!! I've been living in Brisbane for the last year and a half and and have been working at the Princess Alexandra hospital and love it and would not want to return to the NHS now! We came over on the 457 visa as i was sponsored and we are currently in the process of applying for permanent residency which i hope will be granted soon.

Good luck to you all

Vix

Guest thehappymidwife
Hi everyone, just been reading all your threads and wanted to let you know you are all doing the right thing!! I've been living in Brisbane for the last year and a half and and have been working at the Princess Alexandra hospital and love it and would not want to return to the NHS now! We came over on the 457 visa as i was sponsored and we are currently in the process of applying for permanent residency which i hope will be granted soon.

Good luck to you all

Vix

Thanks guys!

Its nice to know were doing the right thing cos this is so nerve racking! Any advice on suburbs to look for housing? Jen

Guest robles

Hi Ravensfield

I am in a similar position to you. I have dual nationality and we're going to Victoria next year. I trained in the UK so am unsure whether I just register in Victoria or do I still have to start with the ANMC as I am not coming in on a skilled visa.

Lesley

Archived