Arriving in Australia on a WHV in 2013

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest Guest26012
I'm a nurse. Just seems too much of a hassle to get registered at the Nursing Board with the medical check you have to do (and for me also the english proficiency test). You have to do it at the Nursing board of each state you want to work in.

Don't know if other nurses did go on a WHV and how easy it is to get a job.

no longer a state register, it's a national registration now.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha 1 Irish girl in a whole country? That's not nearly enough ha.

How long have you got left there?

Im here for the year! At least I'm northern Irish, haven't met anymore of those yet. As far as I'm aware I'm the only northern Irish girl on this continent.

Im here for the year! At least I'm northern Irish, haven't met anymore of those yet. As far as I'm aware I'm the only northern Irish girl on this continent.

Well if I meet any Northern Irish girls I'll be asking if they are "ghostgirl", and if I look an idiot it's all your fault haha.

• 2 weeks later...
I just started working at a new place in Melbourne, IT work for a call centre, they also appear to take on a lot of backpackers to work the phones, they were interviewing a load today.

What part of Melbourne was this? I arrive in October 2013 and work in the IT Industry.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

I am arriving in Sydney on 16th September. Very excited. Don't have much of a plan yet. Was going to spend a few days/weeks in Sydney before trying to get a bit of work in agriculture. Anybody out there at a similar time? We could possibly share a car to hunt for work/adventure?!

has anyone done their regional work, if so what was it like?

i'm in a slightly backwards situation as i'm currently in the throes of sponsorship but for complicated reasons have decided i don't want to remain in oz permanently and would rather explore oz for 3-12 months and do the backpacker thing. i came over to work and haven't seen / done much during this time. now i'm realising that this could be my only opportunity to travel (oz and / or the world).

i work in the corporate world but would like to leave that behind and do something casual for a while in sydney then travel up the east coast for a little while.

nervous about going it alone and have very little in the bank.

would really appreciate anyone's advise or similar experiences?