You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

Arriving in Australia on a WHV in 2013

If you are arriving in Aus this year please post your details here ie what date you are arriving and where you are heading. Lets see if we can organise a PIO Backpackers Meet Up.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Me, not sure exactly when yet though, or where. I'll report back when I know ha.

Arriving 30th December in sydney, spending a week in sydney for New Years then travelling north up the east coast

Guest lulum1986

I'm going second week of jan 2014 but that may be to late? In Sydney? Unsure of address yet?

Guest lulum1986
I'm here!! Staying in Sydney for a year xx

When did you arrive? Any tips? X

When did you arrive? Any tips? X

I only arrived two weeks ago! I don't know enough to be handing out tips haha :) apply for as many jobs as possible! I have already had a company turn me down for a role because they thought I could 'do better' and as a result I had an interview today for a job with the same company but for more pay & better hours and responsibility! Get a profile on 'Seek' and apply for as many jobs as you can! And don't be scared to go alone :)

Guest lulum1986
I only arrived two weeks ago! I don't know enough to be handing out tips haha :) apply for as many jobs as possible! I have already had a company turn me down for a role because they thought I could 'do better' and as a result I had an interview today for a job with the same company but for more pay & better hours and responsibility! Get a profile on 'Seek' and apply for as many jobs as you can! And don't be scared to go alone :)

i have a job already. It's the rest I need help with. Where to go etc. with job I can work in every state in Australia lol. So I can't really narrow it down.

i have a job already. It's the rest I need help with. Where to go etc. with job I can work in every state in Australia lol. So I can't really narrow it down.

Getting a job is the main thing everyone seems to worry about, you have it easy! If you can get a job in any state then you should travel all over, that's what I wish I could do. I will do it some time!

Guest lulum1986
Getting a job is the main thing everyone seems to worry about, you have it easy! If you can get a job in any state then you should travel all over, that's what I wish I could do. I will do it some time!

Just don't know where to start etc. sorry if I offended you :S

Just don't know where to start etc. sorry if I offended you :S

Oh you didn't offend me in the slightest!! I just meant you are in a great position if you can get a job anywhere so you shouldn't be worried. I am in Sydney & it's amazing, a lot of people seem to start here then travel up the coast.

Guest lulum1986
Oh you didn't offend me in the slightest!! I just meant you are in a great position if you can get a job anywhere so you shouldn't be worried. I am in Sydney & it's amazing, a lot of people seem to start here then travel up the coast.

Aww do they? Well that's good. Cos I thought everyone seemed to start in Cairns then come down rather than the other way. Where are you staying? Any good pubs/bars/clubs near by?

I bledy wish I was! Had the best time ever backpacking a couple of years ago and will be back on a WHV in another 2-3 years,

Enjoy peeps it is the most amazing thing EVER!!!

Tijd is Geld!

Landing sept 30th planning on staying in sydney for a couple weeks buying a van and heading north for a road trip

Hi Guys!

On my whv back in 2009 I working in Sydney at a call centre. It was decent wages and chose your own hours am or pm shift.

Was good enough for me and if you don't mind that sort of work go for it.... Their called Call Centres Australia, not far from Central station.

They took on a lot of backpackers!

Good luck to you all, but as already mentioned just get out there and hand out those cv's or apply online Sydney has a high turnover of staff coming and going... don't be picky Aussies don't like that! If your hard working just go out and get work don't um n arr abouts standards of the job that you probably wouldn't even think of doing at home! if you end up working in Maccas hey ho you have a wage!

Subclasses 309/100 Offshore Partner Visa

Application received - 9/5/2013, Money Taken - 11/5/2013, Assigned CO-RE 23/5/2013, Assigned New CO-LG 12/07/2013, Medical 30/8/2013! Police checks Aus & Uk 10/2013 New passport emailed to CO 10/12/2013

GRANTED VISA SUBCLASS 100 INDEFINATE RESIDENCY 10/12/2013!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I just started working at a new place in Melbourne, IT work for a call centre, they also appear to take on a lot of backpackers to work the phones, they were interviewing a load today.

Are there any Nurses here going on a Working holiday Visa?

I'm a nurse. Just seems too much of a hassle to get registered at the Nursing Board with the medical check you have to do (and for me also the english proficiency test). You have to do it at the Nursing board of each state you want to work in.

Don't know if other nurses did go on a WHV and how easy it is to get a job.

Guest lulum1986
Are there any Nurses here going on a Working holiday Visa?

Yeah I am in jan. when r u going?

Good few people going then!

I wonder how many people from the UK/Ireland arrive on WHV's each year? Must be a shitload.

ill be landing in melbourne end of november :) cannot wait!!!!!

Good few people going then!

I wonder how many people from the UK/Ireland arrive on WHV's each year? Must be a shitload.

I'm bloody sick of all the Irish here. I want to be the only Irish girl!!!