Arriving in Australia on a WHV in 2013

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

October 7th thats not long either, this is so exciting dude! I have to call 3 about my phone, but everything else is kinda sorted, need to book the hostel where i'm gonna stay for 3 weeks and then go shopping..so really nothing is done haha but i thrive last minute so i'll get it done! How about yourself, what have you got left to do? I cant stop smiling tbh haha i live in (and am leaving) Slough so thats probably why!

I know, I've had my Visa and Flights since February though, so it's only starting to get real now. Got pretty much everything sorted, just need to get some new clothes and tie up loose ends, car insurance and notifying bank etcetera.

Fair enough, never been to Slough. I'm leaving Torquay behind to go visit Torquay in Australia :D

when do u fly out? where u coming from??

ive booked to go to great barrier reef/whitsundays, byron bay, brisbane, cairns & few festivals... summerfielddayze being one of them

Jeeze, you're organised lol

we're from Norfolk, getting to Sydney very end of Oct but have a few weeks in Thailand on the way so leave earlier and have only booked the first hostel, see how things shape up really. Also booking NYE in Sydney actually but otherwise, I guess we'll see, part of the adventure but kind of hoping we may meet some people to go touring with and share costs etc. I've a list of places I know I definitely want to go but we have a year so as long as I tick them off at some point I don't mind. Byron Bay is high on the list, really appeals to me.

Just booked my flights Melbourne on the 23rd sep. Not booked a hostel yet any idea?

Could look at going to a YHA Hostel, If you join there membership thing you save discounts on not only your stay in there hostels, but off coach, train tickets, Days out and many more ... Might be worth looking into

Could look at going to a YHA Hostel, If you join there membership thing you save discounts on not only your stay in there hostels, but off coach, train tickets, Days out and many more ... Might be worth looking into

Thanks had a look at it. Ended up going for St Kilda beach house, sounds like a good place to party for a week and get it out the system before moving on and looking for work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I wanna fly out on the 2nd of december. I first wanted to go already in september and start in Cairns but some stuff came up and I had to delay the trip.

Now Im ready to go but dont know where to start since it´ll be wet season in Cairns and Im in desperate need of sunshine.

I´ve been thinking about starting in either Perth or Melbourne. I´m not really the kind of person to work in a bar or cafe and I prefer the outdoors.

What would you guys recommend me?

Thanks!

Hi guys!

I'm landing in Brisbane on 13th Dec. Looking to stay in a hostel for a week and then start making my way down the coast to Sydney. I'm travelling alone I think so would love to meet people wherever I can!

Any tips would be much appreciated, or if you're in the same area at that time then let me know :)

Its really easy to meet people in hostels. Just say hi/hello and smile and the rest will flow easy.

Also do the same whilst on public transport, in a public place, or a restaurant. Engage with the locals.

Travelling solo is much more fun. You haven't got to worry about anyone but yourself. Everything is on your terms.