Back home after 2 months

Metoo

i

don't really think you know what you are talking about. Was the comment not related to locally produced fruit and veg? The comment would be relevant in any country in the world. Stop being so defensive.

Yes, exactly so, wakey. That's what I meant...and that's what I wrote.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself and my girlfriend are looking to move out there when I qualify as a Mental Health Nurse so we read as much as we can on the subject. It seems to me that either they haven't done their homework at all or were exaggerating. Also the 'Juice' reason was actuall laughable. What a joke. Typical of the Daily Mail. I wouldn't even use it as toilet roll....

Guest chris955

Just look at how many take it seriously on here, it is the Daily Mail so it is 75% fabrication and 25% exaggeration. Australia is expensive, in some ways backward, the economy is clearly slowing down and times are tougher but like any 1st world economy some are going to like it and some arent.

Myself and my girlfriend are looking to move out there when I qualify as a Mental Health Nurse so we read as much as we can on the subject. It seems to me that either they haven't done their homework at all or were exaggerating. Also the 'Juice' reason was actuall laughable. What a joke. Typical of the Daily Mail. I wouldn't even use it as toilet roll....

Guest scrumpy

Im suprised the Mail didnt have them shot for even thinking about giving the lil girl some "orange squash" and not watered down fresh juice, I mean what is the world coming too!

TUT TUT

You live in Melbourne so I wouldnt be saying too much about perfect weather ;)

I think Melbourne weather is easily the best in Australia- lovely hot dry Summers and cosy winters in front of the log fires. Can go skiing just up the road in Winter, swimming in Summer every day. What's not to like?

Guest chris955

I grew up in the area, for ME there is plenty not to like.

I think Melbourne weather is easily the best in Australia- lovely hot dry Summers and cosy winters in front of the log fires. Can go skiing just up the road in Winter, swimming in Summer every day. What's not to like?

Oh dear, you have to read this and think it is a bit mad. it is true that this place is not for everyone, but you would think that it would be best to give it more than two weeks to come to that kind of decision.

There are a few things when reading the story that we do think are true:

‘It just wasn’t what we were expecting. You think you’re going to be able to go out there and afford a great quality of life because the wages are all higher, but it’s also really, really expensive.

‘We missed our families more than we thought we would, and talking to them was difficult because of the time difference.

Presently enjoying a bit of sun with the missus in Lanzarote and haven't seen said cordial anywhere on supermarket shelves. Must be murder for this family when summer hols come around, packing the brown sauce, cordial etc. Aussie is of course expensive and the DM chose not to mention the difference in wages, low uk pound. Never spoil a good yarn with the truth they say.

does anyone with any intelligence rreally think they came home because of some stuff they could not get in the shops :biglaugh: daily mail readers methinks.

Sensationalism at it's best/worst, you choose.

Personally I thought £4,000 for the mutt was reasonable. And yes... Poms do make great wingeing-ers.

Guest guest74886

What a pity they actually went back, if they had just stuck it out for a few weeks more they look like people who would really fit in here.

You can buy uk products in supermarkets , they tend to have a small section but very expensive. I pay $3.50 for a single bag of monster munch.. But boy do I enjoy them... I even lick the inside of the bag after to make sure I get my money's worth

Me tooImageUploadedByTapatalk1371990571.084850.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371990571.084850.jpg

Archived