189 May Lodge...Any others out there?

Hi all,

I’ve noticed lots of 190’s and other visas having a lodgement thread. Thought I would start one for the guys applying for 189 visas lodged in May(hoping I’m not the only one!) basically to kill some time until CO appointment. My timeline is in the signature, hoping to move to Melbourne in Jan 14. Please update the thread with your details.

Sam

:wink:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rose4Rose, we also got told the same thing but on gov website it says if there is an """" by the visa number you should wait but since they have updated the timeline from 10 weeks to 8 the """" seems to of disappeared. I phoned the medical centre today and as long as you have your TRN number the medical documents can still be loaded electronically. The man reason is that if we get assigned a case officer sooner rather then later we might get the visa a lot quicker and as we have so much garden stuff to sell I really need to be able to sell it in the summer rather then autumn. Also someone posted on her the other day that the got assigned a case office within 26 days on a 189. We can only hope I suppose!!!! Let me know when you get yours as you are a couple of weeks ahead of us. Good luck!!

Hi, We lodged our application on 5th May and have our medicals booked for 27th May. We sent our police check applications off earlier this week. Still waiting to be allocated a CO but hope to have all documents uploaded in advance. Getting to the exciting (and expensive) stage now!!!

Hi All Friends

Im confused on medicals.

Can we do it before the CO ask us to do so? In my place I can do the eHealth check.

Its not clearly mentioned in the website.

Yes you can.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applied for my girlfriend's 189 visa on 6th May...Waiting for CO...rest all documents uploaded except medicals....gud luck guys!!!

Hi dude

Why didnt u do medicals? Are u also under the understanding that medicals shud be performed only when CO asks for it?

Hey everyone,

I'm not a May applicant but April.

Expression of Interest lodged 6th April; Invitation to apply 21st April.

189 Visa Lodged 25th April; CO allocated 16th May.

It was exactly a 3 week turnaround untill CO allocated. I'm already in Australia and my occupation is Psychologist.

I had my medicals done on Monday 6th May.

I am awaiting my UK police checks and have to fill in the Form 80 (which is a mission and hasn't saved on the 3 attempts I have tried). Anyone else had issues with this? I think I will just fill it in by hand and scan it.

Other than that they have requested Academic Transcripts and Australian Pay Slips/additional proof of Australian employment.

Good luck everyone

:-)

Hi Luo

​Is it mentioned anywhere in the immigration website?

No sure if it is mentioned anywhere or not but just FYI... I did mine before the case officer was even assigned... you can ask the medical place to send the results directly to the DIAC... they will ask for your DIAC Transaction reference No. (TRN) to which they can refer the results !

​Cheers

Hi Luo

​Is it mentioned anywhere in the immigration website?

It's in the visa screen...click here to book your Medicals. We decided to book ours as soon as we lodged by clicking the link as we had to book flights to the UK for our meds and preferred to do it in the school holidays. At the time (April) everyone on here was saying don't booked your meds until your case officer is allocated. This was about 10 weeks. We booked any way for 8 weeks after lodgement (end of May).

Anyway, our CO was allocated end of April and immediately asked for our meds stating we had 28 days to load them (which was after we had booked them for). We have therefore had to ask for an extension and prove with receipts they're booked. DIAC state they can make a decision at any time so in some respects I wished we had done the meds earlier.

189 visas are moving that fast I personally would get my meds done ASAP if I were you unless you want to delay for a reason.

Lou

Edited by Lou8670

Hi everyone,

Delighted to say I can now join the "189 May Lodge Gang"!!!

Just received my invitation a few hours ago and have my visa application lodged already!! Excited to say the least!!

In the process of loading documents now, can I just check with everyone that it's OK to upload colour scanned copies of the relevant documents without getting them certified? Grateful if someone could confirm? Thank you.

Think I'll send off my police check this week and book meds shortly, things seem to be moving fast for 189 visas :)

Will be great to hear how all your visas are progressing, please keep this thread updated.

Good luck everyone :)

Hi everyone,

Just received my invitation a few hours ago and have my visa application lodged already!! Excited to say the least!!

In the process of loading documents now, can I just check with everyone that it's OK to upload colour scanned copies of the relevant documents without getting them certified? Grateful if someone could confirm? Thank you.

Think I'll send off my police check this week and book meds shortly, things seem to be moving fast for 189 visas :)

Will be great to hear how all your visas are progressing, please keep this thread updated.

Hi,

Congrats. After you have sent and paid for your application, you can use this link : https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login using your TRN and password to attach the documents and check the status of your application. I would recommend color scanning all of the required docs in pdf .

Hi everyone,

Hi Red Hand,

Yep, Colour scan and compress with Adobe Acrobat if the files are massive.

We made our visa lodgement 04.04, we still don't know anything about our CO. We had our medicals in 10.04. Police certificates are also loadded.

I'm just worry where is our CO? Does any one has any ideas about it?

It's in the visa screen...click here to book your Medicals. We decided to book ours as soon as we lodged by clicking the link as we had to book flights to the UK for our meds and preferred to do it in the school holidays. At the time (April) everyone on here was saying don't booked your meds until your case officer is allocated. This was about 10 weeks. We booked any way for 8 weeks after lodgement (end of May).

Anyway, our CO was allocated end of April and immediately asked for our meds stating we had 28 days to load them (which was after we had booked them for). We have therefore had to ask for an extension and prove with receipts they're booked. DIAC state they can make a decision at any time so in some respects I wished we had done the meds earlier.

189 visas are moving that fast I personally would get my meds done ASAP if I were you unless you want to delay for a reason.

Lou

Hi Lou,

I've uploaded all my documents (apart from police check and medical) and all have the status received.

I've sent off for my police check and I am going to book my medicals for next week hopefully.

What link do you mean to click? There is a link that says "Organise your health examinations" but when I click on this link nothing happens (a new window opens but its blank), anyone any ideas of how to get link to health forms / book medical, or do I just arrange myself?

Thank you