189 May Lodge...Any others out there?

Finally got the good news today-189 visa granted :laugh:

Occupation Psychologist. EOI submitted 7/4/2013, invitation to apply 21/04/2013.

189 ONSHORE visa application 25/4/2013, allocated CO 16/5/2013, visa granted 7/6/2013.

IELTS General Listening 8.5, writing 8.5, reading 9, speaking 9, overall 9. Points 70.

I cant believe it only took 6 weeks and one day to get the visa granted from day off application, I'm soooooooo excited. Bottle of bubbly already in the fridge.

Good luck to everyone else and hang in there.

Steph :biggrin:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got email this morning, CO assigned 3 weeks to the day I submitted my 189 application!!

Excited!!! :)

I applied 5 days after you....hoping to get a CO assigned by next week if everything goes according to your timeline. Did the CO ask for anything to you?

I am sooo caught in a rut. Waiting for a Case Officer like theres no tomorrow. Shouldnt be doing this but then the anxiety kicks in. Only when i realize that getting a Visa to Australia is not the end of my work, i quit the browser and try to do somethin else.. like maybe watch TV for sometime ... Im a Goner!! :wacko:

Edited by ranjith47

I applied 5 days after you....hoping to get a CO assigned by next week if everything goes according to your timeline. Did the CO ask for anything to you?

CO requested medical (which I booked last week for this Thursday) and form 80 (just complete and ready to upload - I think this may be required for everyone over 16, so if you haven't it downloaded and filled in already, I suggest you do this while waiting on CO, lots and lots and lots of questions to fill in on this form!!).

Hoping for a visa grant within a few weeks :)

Good luck with your visa, looks like CO's are being assigned within a few weeks, so hopefully you will get yours next week (remember to check your junk mail too, that is were i found mine this morning!!)

CO requested medical (which I booked last week for this Thursday) and form 80 (just complete and ready to upload - I think this may be required for everyone over 16, so if you haven't it downloaded and filled in already, I suggest you do this while waiting on CO, lots and lots and lots of questions to fill in on this form!!).

Hoping for a visa grant within a few weeks :)

Good luck with your visa, looks like CO's are being assigned within a few weeks, so hopefully you will get yours next week (remember to check your junk mail too, that is were i found mine this morning!!)

I also think you are few days away from getting the grant as the CO asked for Medical. I will download form 80 and start filling up. I am not doing my medical or front-loading PCC as I want maximum available time before the initial entry date....do u think this is the right strategy?

Edited by bijit011

I also think you are few days away from getting the grant as the CO asked for Medical. I will download form 80 and start filling up. I am not doing my medical or front-loading PCC as I want maximum available time before the initial entry date....do u think this is the right strategy?

Once you get a CO assigned you have 28 days to provide information requested (althought this can be extended under certain circumstances).

Have the PCC form downloaded and filled in also, it takes 10 working days to process (assuming you just require a UK police check).

Medicals can generally be booked within 1 week and require a few days to process for tests.

So if you are in no rush for your visa then and are happy to wait then I guess this is the right strategy for you.

I am hoping to go before 12 months so I've opted to get the information ready as soon as i can.

Where in oz are you hoping to go? :)

Ya...you are right. Thanks for the details. I have not decided yet but I mite head for Melbourne. You? Although, I think we also should look into Sydney as there are more jobs for accountant.

Hi there! I am also an accountant and picked Sydney because i think it will be the best place to get a job. I am hoping that i will secure one shortly after arriving - hoping the market is good! Does anyone know what exactly they got to get an extension of submitting PCC. I have to get mine from South africa which takes about 8 weeks i am told - typical ;) I am hoping they surprise me!

Hi there! I am also an accountant and picked Sydney because i think it will be the best place to get a job. I am hoping that i will secure one shortly after arriving - hoping the market is good! Does anyone know what exactly they got to get an extension of submitting PCC. I have to get mine from South africa which takes about 8 weeks i am told - typical ;) I am hoping they surprise me!

I have not done my medical or PCC yet. But I have seen many on here were not able to upload PCC within 28 days time limit given by the CO and this didnt cause any problem. As long as you can provide something to your CO such as receipt or acknowledgement email saying that you have applied should give you no problem. COs must be familiar with the time required to obtain PCC from South Africa as they handle many cases.

Woooohooooooooo :cool: VISA granted today morning. It was so quick mates. CO was allocated on 6th June and asked for form 80. I sumbitted it today morning and believe me within 30 minutes CO granted the VISA.. Wowwww..

Here is the summary of the 6 months journey.

Sent for ACS Skill Assessment: - 15 December 2012

IELTS First appearance (L 8.5, R 8.5, W 6.5, S 8): - 14 February 2013

Got the Skill Assessment result: - 14 February 2013

IELTS Second Appearance (L 7.5, R 8.5, W 7, and S 8): - 23 March 2013

EOI Submitted: - 9 April 2013

Got the Invitation: - 22 April 2013

VISA application lodged: - 30 April 2013

CO assigned: - 06 June 2013

VISA granted: - 11 June 2013

We had our medicals yesterday and are still waiting on our police checks arriving (although they have sent us a receipt). Medicals seemed to go well for both of us so fingers crossed for a visa grant next month!!

Im pretty sure my PCC will be late - what sort of "receipt" have you received?

Hi I did medicals last week (Friday) through Medibank Health Solutions. How long does it take to receive by DIAC ? I remember I wrote address of DIAC in the envelope they gave me to send the results.Does anyone know how it works? How do I know if my medicals are finalized or not ? Appreciate your kind reply.

Thank you

Delighted to post my visa was granted today!!! Yippppeeeeeeee!!!

Meds uploaded by clinic yesterday, received by immi today and visa granted straight away!!

Process was super quick from first doing my IELTS just over 2 months ago, to getting skills assessment, to visa application and grant, feels magic!!! :)

Thank you to everyone on POI that guided me through it, I think I would still be months away with out all your help and guidance, a massive thank you to you all!! xx

RedHand , Congratulations on completing your processing.

Could you please tell me if you were requested a FORM 80 at all? I have applied for the 189 visa on receiving my June 3rd Invitation. I have seen from your post and from another post that 189 Visas are getting Case Officers within 3 weeks to a months time.

I have everything sorted out and all documents uploaded. Just waiting for a CO and further info . So i just thought if I should , then I might as well fill up the FORM 80 if they have been requesting it.

RedHand , Congratulations on completing your processing.

Could you please tell me if you were requested a FORM 80 at all? I have applied for the 189 visa on receiving my June 3rd Invitation. I have seen from your post and from another post that 189 Visas are getting Case Officers within 3 weeks to a months time.

I have everything sorted out and all documents uploaded. Just waiting for a CO and further info . So i just thought if I should , then I might as well fill up the FORM 80 if they have been requesting it.

Yes I believe all applicants over the age of 16 are generally requested to complete a From 80, as there are lots of questions on this, I recommend you start filling this in as soon as you can as it appears that COs are being allocated within a few weeks from visa lodge.

Good luck with your visa, hopefully your grant will be soon too :)

Delighted to post my visa was granted today!!! Yippppeeeeeeee!!!

Meds uploaded by clinic yesterday, received by immi today and visa granted straight away!!

Process was super quick from first doing my IELTS just over 2 months ago, to getting skills assessment, to visa application and grant, feels magic!!! :)

Thank you to everyone on POI that guided me through it, I think I would still be months away with out all your help and guidance, a massive thank you to you all!! xx

Congratulations mate...things were really quick for you.