'Frozen Britain?' (Headline on Sky News UK!) Watching item about hotel in Arran.

MARYROSE02

It's got its own generator so not subject to power restrictions and people are going there to get warm!

Watching Sky News UK at the same time as I read the Daily Mail on line - funny how even as I feel more settled in OZ than at any time but I still adore reading and watching what is happening 'at home!'

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PB ignored the second part of my post where I talked of my passion for reading and watching UK news. The item about Arran just caught my attention with its headline 'Frozen Britain.'

Yes but you watch it to gloat at any bad news in it.

I too like to keep abreast with whats going on in the UK because a) i understand it better and know who they are talking about and B) i know what family and friends in the UK mean when they tell me about such n such....

As yet ive yet to get into the whole national Oz thing, and dont have a clue about who's who's here.

Its been a lot more difficult because ive even found at the different jobs ive been in, nobody at all has talked politics or has anybody been remotely interested in which celeb is doing what to whom so the little ive gleamed has been from here.

I do try to keep up with whats going on in WA though....dont suppose i need to know more than that, its a away from the rest of the world bubble here

I really do hope we get a decent summer because i dont think we'll be going a holiday this year so that'll be the first time in a very long time that i havent been one.

I was just reading there about how much this weather is affecting the farmers - the lambs are dying off apparently

Arran has been absolutely battered by the bad weather. No exaggeration. Few other places have aswell.

More snow forecast for friday but they dont seem to be sure where. When it does eventually heat up its going to feel roasting compared to this

Thing is the people in Arran will just get on with it, help each other out, community spirit and all that. Coming from the Highlands myself and living where when the snow got bad that no roads where passible, scary when nothing left to eat in the shops or your own cupboards but you got on with it.

When i moved down south to England, OMG, what a fuss. I lived 15 mins drive from work. The first time it snowed heavily, i could have got there if they had bothered gritting the roads, but instead i drove as far as i could and walked the rest of the way. No hardship, i worked for NHS, people were depending on us. Did any of the bosess make it...did the heck as like, including my immediate one who lived round the corner from me and reckoned that the only way she could get off her drive was on her hands and knees!!

Feeling for you all though, read that they reckon its been the coldest March for about 25years (thats pre-historic i know to you Stace)

Hey but feel a bit sorry for me too, weve got our first rain tonight since Nov. Im not able to sit out in the garden

Yeah they'll just get on with it, arrans a lovely place - would recommend it to anyone visiting scotland. Its only a fiver to go on the ferry as a foot passanger lol. I'd like to go back soon - once it heats up a bit!

I hate when people panic buy!! Its so annoying. In 2010 when we had the terrible snow they acted like it was a apocolypse - one woman had 5 loafs in her trolley!

We were due to go to campbelltown today but cancelled. Will go next tue/wed now. Stace I will drop some food off if you're snowed in ;)

That would of been some drive! Need sleigh dogs lol. We dont have any snow here - just ice. Although the sun came out for a little bit today so its been a little warmer today. Might get some snow on friday though

Guest chris955

The same happened during the floods in Brisbane, not in badly affected areas but areas that were hardly touched. Ive never understood panic buying.

Yeah they'll just get on with it, arrans a lovely place - would recommend it to anyone visiting scotland. Its only a fiver to go on the ferry as a foot passanger lol. I'd like to go back soon - once it heats up a bit!

I hate when people panic buy!! Its so annoying. In 2010 when we had the terrible snow they acted like it was a apocolypse - one woman had 5 loafs in her trolley!

I could understand if they were badly flooded but if not then its a bit silly. There should be a limit on things like bread. Pretty annoying when you struggle to the shops and idiots are hogging everything! Last time we had bad snow a few weeks ago tesco were selling their snow shovels for £3.50 lol bargain!

I could understand if they were badly flooded but if not then its a bit silly. There should be a limit on things like bread. Pretty annoying when you struggle to the shops and idiots are hogging everything! Last time we had bad snow a few weeks ago tesco were selling their snow shovels for £3.50 lol bargain!

They had 2 types of snow shovels on sale yesterday. Bet they thought they would be stored away till next year.

These guys are pretty good, follow them on facebook.

With 2013 just around the corner and many asking the question “Will summer 2013 be a warm one” we have decided to look at the long range forecasting models to see what they show.

Of course it’s difficult enough to predict the weather outside of 7 days, so 6-7 months out is pure guess work, but with the long range models (CFS) it gives us a brief insight with long range weather patterns.

The latest models suggest June will be a rather wet month with heavy showers and rather mild temperatures, continuing throughout the month.

July and August looks set to be a scorcher with temperatures reaching the high twenties quite widely, with highs of 30-32c across the South East of the UK.

We will continue to post summer 2013 updates throughout the coming year.

Stay up to date by liking our facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/ukweatherforecast

that would do me ......anyone follow piers corbyn ?

Yes but you watch it to gloat at any bad news in it.

Well, I can't believe my good fortune to actually be over here and not just 'dreaming the dream' but 'living the dream(time!)

I'm sure that if Australia does go down the tube, you will be revelling in it!!!???!!!

We buy more than 5 loaves every week :eek:

Archived