'Frozen Britain?' (Headline on Sky News UK!) Watching item about hotel in Arran.

MARYROSE02

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would rather have this weather to a extreme heatwave (45+) or a drought but then again im not the one sitting absolute covered in snow and no power for 5 or 6 days

And me, the heat was horrible in Perth, prefer this cold than the heat, the south has been nice and sunny but cold for the last few days, snow has almost gone :embarrassed: but at least the sun is out.

Guest chris955
There is no point. There never is and never was just as there is no point in telling the vast majority of happy Pommie migrants to go back to England.

Why would you tell people to move ?

There is no point. There never is and never was just as there is no point in telling the vast majority of happy Pommie migrants to go back to England.

You do seem to spend a lot of your time keeping up with pommie news .....calling it "home " .....and then slating it ......have you got an identity crisis ?

Its up to you ....your life .....but then you over step the mark , by calling Oz .....paradise ......well matey Paradise doesnt have 40c plus record breaking temperatures .....bushfires ( just on sky news in NSW ) .....cyclones and massive flooding , as occurred in Brisbane ......the Brisbane floods made the u.k stuff seem like a dribble from a tap .

I try not to get involved in the *** for tat , but please keep it real .

P.S I love watching those Aussie programmes like Bondi vet ,and the vet programme situated on the gold coast it makes me realise my life , and the landscape i travel in , isnt so bad after all

Why isnt he allowed to say its paradise? Some people on here act like England/europe is their paradise.

If its good for them then who cares??? I also find that some of these people seem to love the negative australia stories and theres probably a few who love negative UK stories. Best to just ignore it if it annoys you

Just saying!

You do seem to spend a lot of your time keeping up with pommie news .....calling it "home " .....and then slating it ......have you got an identity crisis ?

Its up to you ....your life .....but then you over step the mark , by calling Oz .....paradise ......well matey Paradise doesnt have 40c plus record breaking temperatures .....bushfires ( just on sky news in NSW ) .....cyclones and massive flooding , as occurred in Brisbane ......the Brisbane floods made the u.k stuff seem like a dribble from a tap .

I try not to get involved in the *** for tat , but please keep it real .

P.S I love watching those Aussie programmes like Bondi vet ,and the vet programme situated on the gold coast it makes me realise my life , and the landscape i travel in , isnt so bad after all

I call England 'Home' because it's where I was born and brought up and where my parents came from, and with the 'extra' twelve years I put in when I went back, I've still spent more years of my life there - 36 to 23. Why would I want to 'dis-own' my roots?

In fact, like most contented Pommie 'New Chums', I have the best of both worlds living in Australia, enjoying all the benefits of 'Paradise' whilst being able to use the internet and SKY to keep up with all the things I miss from 'Home.' - Football, - almost every EPL game shown live - cricket - England's test matches in NZ shown live in OZ, British TV programmes, still amongst the best and often superior to Aussie shows.

The thing that really gets up your nose is the simple fact that most Pommie migrants to Australia think that they HAVE found Paradise. Despite your best efforts to put them off, most of them like living in Australia, and plenty of their compatriots still living in 'Ice-land' want to join them!

17.2°C

Adelaide

18.5°C

Alice Springs

22.1°C

Brisbane

29.0°C

Broome

23.3°C

Cairns

23.2°C

Canberra

25.0°C

Darwin

14.9°C

Hobart

16.2°C

Melbourne

13.5°C

Perth

24.0°C

Sydney

21°C

30°C

Late shower

Sydney

Late shower

16°C

22°C

Showers easing

Melbourne

Showers easing

20°C

28°C

Possible shower

Brisbane

Possible shower

17°C

22°C

Clearing shower

Adelaide

Clearing shower

10°C

25°C

Sunny

Perth

Sunny

16°C

24°C

Rain

Canberra

Rain

15°C

19°C

Late shower

Hobart

Late shower

24°C

30°C

Thunderstorms

Darwin

Thunderstorms

Read more: http://weather.news.com.au/#ixzz2OmVcPXcM

Why isnt he allowed to say its paradise? Some people on here act like England/europe is their paradise.

If its good for them then who cares??? I also find that some of these people seem to love the negative australia stories and theres probably a few who love negative UK stories. Best to just ignore it if it annoys you

Just saying!

I mostly had a great time when I returned to the UK, though my twelve-year stint from 1996 to 2008 was like emigrating for a second time, getting used to living in a new village, even if it was only seven miles from the original one. I still miss my job with Royal Mail and my friends there and in my village and if my brothers were living there I'd probably be living there too. I loved cycling in The New Forest and I've not been on a bike since I returned to Sydney.

But I always intended to return to Sydney to live, and since I've come back to Australia, I've been much happier than during my first, eighteen-year sojourn. Perhaps I've just had to learn how to stand on my own feet and with my parents gone, there's no emotional tug back to England.

Sometimes the weather can be trying - when it gets up around 40 degrees, but it's still a lot harder to be depressed when it's hot and sunny rather than cold and grey!

Excuse my ignorance but where is that photo taken?

From my website:

High above Spean Bridge and bearing the words “United we conquer” and “This country was their training ground” stands this seventeen foot high monument, designed by Scott Sutherland and unveiled by the Queen Mother in 1952.

It is dawn and snow can be seen on the tops, 3 days after midsummers day, and it is raining heavily.

This is a well photographed monument but I wanted/needed to interpret differently than most, and I have therefore attempted to convey the harsh weather conditions and rugged terrain that is a hallmark of Royal Marine training. I hope that I have succeeded, if only slightly, as having trained here, I can assure you that a picture cannot fully convey the reality of a commando training ground.

They stand overlooking, as if conquerors of their domain, and indeed they were.

Guest chris955

Im sure most British migrants would welcome you speaking on their behalf ;)

I call England 'Home' because it's where I was born and brought up and where my parents came from, and with the 'extra' twelve years I put in when I went back, I've still spent more years of my life there - 36 to 23. Why would I want to 'dis-own' my roots?

In fact, like most contented Pommie 'New Chums', I have the best of both worlds living in Australia, enjoying all the benefits of 'Paradise' whilst being able to use the internet and SKY to keep up with all the things I miss from 'Home.' - Football, - almost every EPL game shown live - cricket - England's test matches in NZ shown live in OZ, British TV programmes, still amongst the best and often superior to Aussie shows.

The thing that really gets up your nose is the simple fact that most Pommie migrants to Australia think that they HAVE found Paradise. Despite your best efforts to put them off, most of them like living in Australia, and plenty of their compatriots still living in 'Ice-land' want to join them!

Im sure most British migrants would welcome you speaking on their behalf ;)

I agree with you. I am not usually this vocal in expressing an opinion but after speaking to so many British and Irish migrants, I know that the majority feel as I do. If every migrant I spoke to told me how much they hated living in Australia and that they were only staying for as long as it took to save up their return fare, I would post that information on here.

17.2°C

Adelaide

18.5°C

Alice Springs

22.1°C

Brisbane

29.0°C

Broome

23.3°C

Cairns

23.2°C

Canberra

25.0°C

Darwin

14.9°C

Hobart

16.2°C

Melbourne

13.5°C

Perth

24.0°C

Sydney

21°C

30°C

Late shower

Sydney

Late shower

16°C

22°C

Showers easing

Melbourne

Showers easing

20°C

28°C

Possible shower

Brisbane

Possible shower

17°C

22°C

Clearing shower

Adelaide

Clearing shower

10°C

25°C

Sunny

Perth

Sunny

16°C

24°C

Rain

Canberra

Rain

15°C

19°C

Late shower

Hobart

Late shower

24°C

30°C

Thunderstorms

Darwin

Thunderstorms

Read more: http://weather.news.com.au/#ixzz2OmVcPXcM

I will be in croyde bay ,,,,DEVON in 24 hrs ......happy days whether 7c or 37c

Having experienced those things many time in my years in Australia give me the cold anytime. I had to pick something up in Kidderminster yesterday and the bloke I was speaking to said they had a total of less than an inch of snow, there was absolutely nothing when we went but 5 miles back towards us it was about a foot deep but he reckons that in Clows Top they get snow in the summer :)

clows top and clee hill .......know them very well HB

Guest chris955
clows top and clee hill .......know them very well HB

It was a beautiful area, very picturesque. Not a great photo, taken with my tablet.

Clow Top.jpg

Clow Top.jpg

Archived