Cheapest and quickest way to move permantley?

Rick cooper

No cheep way to Oz, you can save money by not using an agent (we are using Go Matilda very good and value for money) but your paperwork has to be spot on and if it isn't it could cost you more in the long run. With IELTS, Vetasess part 1 and practical, TRA, DIAC fees, medicals, PCC's, Skillselect and EOI. I think you will find that it isn't a decision to be taken lightly nor cheaply. Good luck on the roller coaster it's worth in in the end.

best regards

Gary.

Someone will probably correct me, but I believe tourist visas have 'no further stay' conditions attached. I'm also under the impression that applying for permant resident while on a tourist visa would be the quickest way to p155 immigration off. If rules aren't followed strictly then it might be that you can't apply for a few years.

Moving to Aus is not cheap, quick, or easy.

Check out the dept for immigration's website. It's huge and will answer most of your questions.

Good luck!

Sorry but have to agree gary, there is nothing quick or cheap about moving to australia, i never used an agent, and was fine, so that saved us alot, however i am at home all day with my kids, and my skills are within research, so i had the time, and the research skills to make sure i was doing everything right first time, as gary said if you dont or miss something then you cost and time is then increased as have to go through those processes again. It really is not for the faint hearted, you spend alot of time waiting to hear if you have succeceeded withone process only so you are then able to advance to the next! the relief you feel when you receive that visa, is unbelivable litterally as you will have really not believed you would actually get it for a long time. and that is when the real work starts, getting together the money, (alot of) finding jobs, selling houses, finding houses, taking the huge risk of handing your notice in here without a job sorted over there, making sure you have enough to live on for first 3 - 6 months incase you cant find a job quick, and also have enough for flights back home if worse comes to the worse, stress etc..... etc..... but as the saying goes nothing worth doing is easy.... and no there is no quick and easy route to something that is worth doing....... but yes i dont regret a minute as i am hoping that my life will change for the better.:biggrin:

Hi Rick, im fairly in the same boat as you , carpenter under 30 and my wife also a youth worker ( use to be) we started the process last feb near enough now to the move however still need medicals then police checks then prob good to go we used an agent and at present its cost us roughly £4000 but we still need to do meds/checks then of course the flights the practical assesment cost around £1k and to get all paperwork checked it cost around £500 agent was around £2k but as said in previous threads , you need to have all supporting evidence spot on or this can cost you in the long run , good luck in making your desision :-)

We are looking into moving permantley to Perth. I am a joiner and my wife is a youth worker. We are wondering what the cheapest and quickest moving options were, we are both under 30 but have a house to sell or rent out in the UK. ... Any advice?

There is nothing quick or cheap about moving to Australia. Not the visa process and not anything else. You need to see this as an investment in our future and be prepared to shell out, if you are not dont do it. Many PR visas cost the same, around $3k btw.

Is it cheaper to go on a holiday visa and apply for permanent residance over there?

The cheapest & quickest way to get over there given your age is the WHV...you can then test the water so to speak- after all if you haven't been before you may not even like it; spend some time travelling. I do know a joiner who did that & ended up with sponsorship quite quickly once he decided to settle.

Archived