My partner wants to live in Oz............

Westward Ho

Ok.Im back in Aus .My partner has decided she would like to come live here too.

How does this work?Visa,age limit,skill sets,etc etc etc.

Does anyone have a simple A,B,C of the steps involved in this?

My partner thinks that as were in a r/ship[albeit-long distance] and im a Perm Resident[but not a citizen],she can apply to just come live here with me??

Any simple basic help with this would be real helpfull thanks guys.:biggrin:

Ok.Im back in Aus .My friend has decided she would like to come live here too.

My friend thinks that as were in a r/ship[albeit-long distance] and im a Perm Resident[but not a citizen],she can apply to just come live here with me??

This is the info on what the requirements etc are for a partner visa. I don't know if you've lived together or anything or are just in a long distance relationship. You can have a read of it all and see if she would qualify.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/family-visas-partner.htm

No. If she's just your friend, she's not your partner, so she can't get a partner visa. So that option is out. If she wants to live out there she can try other visa routes, but please google these yourself and find out the requirements.

Ok.Im back in Aus .My friend has decided she would like to come live here too.

My friend thinks that as were in a r/ship[albeit-long distance] and im a Perm Resident[but not a citizen],she can apply to just come live here with me??

Is she just your friend or your partner? Have you been together at least 12 months? Your post is not that clear and you make it sound like more of a friendship rather than a relationship.

However, if it is a relationship, then in theory then you and your partner could apply for a defacto visa. I would do some research if I were you.

Is she just your friend or your partner? Have you been together at least 12 months? Your post is not that clear and you make it sound like more of a friendship rather than a relationship.

However, if it is a relationship, then in theory then you and your partner could apply for a defacto visa. I would do some research if I were you.

Thanks guys.

This is my partner,who i went back to the UK for last year................

I don't really know much about visa's but don't you have to prove you've been defacto for 2 years or something???I did my OH's spousal visa,and wow all the stat dec's we had to supply,joint utility bills and so on!And we'd been together for 12 yrs and married for 7!:eek:

Thanks for the info guys!It is very complex to say the least!!!How much does the visa actualy cost?

Could we include in our application:

1.Telephone records dating over 12 months between the countries

2.Photos of us together ,in both countries

3.My Super,NHS number,P45 all with my partners UK address.

4.Banking records,where funds have been deposited between the two countries.

Thank you for your inputs,appreciated.

Rob

The important bit is how long you have lived together. You could use all those things, but 'normally' they want to see a year of having lived together.

There is the prospective marriage visa, but you have to get married within 9 months of getting the visa.

Do yourself a huge favour and don't refer to her as your friend any more. Say that to the wrong person and you could have no chance at all.

If my husband had referred to me as his 'friend' before we were married, but very much in a relationship, I'd have been a bit narked I think!

I actually had a boyfriend who did that. Then he was shocked when I found someone else. I told him he had made is plain how interested in me he was. He was genuinely surprised that I didn't think he was that interested. Men!

As well as the "friend" thing, the other matter to consider is why you returned without her as this will need explaining. A defacto partnership means being effecively married all but for the lack of legal ceremony ... and married couples make these decisions together. Husband does not move over by himself only for wife to decide "oh I think maybe I will go too" a few months later. (which is how I read your story).

Thanks for the info guys!It is very complex to say the least!!!How much does the visa actualy cost?

Could we include in our application:

1.Telephone records dating over 12 months between the countries

2.Photos of us together ,in both countries

3.My Super,NHS number,P45 all with my partners UK address.

4.Banking records,where funds have been deposited between the two countries.

Thank you for your inputs,appreciated.

Rob

A partner visa application off shore currently costs £1800.

Reading the evidence you would submit I don't know you'd have enough proof or claim to a de facto visa. Perhaps consult a reputable agent and run your case by them.

How long did you live together for?

I came back for the Fire season,as im a Firefighter.

Yes we first dated in 1980,in high school!

This is a forum,i do appreciate the links given for Immi here in Australia.Not interested in other Mills n Boon comments.

Thanks

That sounds pretty rude actually tbh!Maybe its the way you wrote your original post,it comes across as you and your partner are just "friends"so people will naturally judge you on this.They will also add their own banter,which usually posters readily accept as just chatting.

Has your Partner ever been or lived here? I am only asking because she may or may not like it and since you dated in the 80s I am assuming she is too old for a WHV to try it out. It is a very expensive process, it will set you back a few thousand dollars, even if you do it yourselves. I agree with your partner, you do have a right to be together wherever in the world that may be :)

Has your Partner ever been or lived here? I am only asking because she may or may not like it and since you dated in the 80s I am assuming she is too old for a WHV to try it out. It is a very expensive process, it will set you back a few thousand dollars, even if you do it yourselves. I agree with your partner, you do have a right to be together wherever in the world that may be :)

Hi.Ozinoz

Yes,my partner was here last year for a few weeks.Its catch 22 isnt it,we want to be together,but i could never live in the UK,hang me on Tower bridge in a gibbet if need be,but reality is Oz is the only place to live IMHO.

Cheers

There is the prospective marriage visa. But that might be moving a bit faster than you would like?

Well he said they have been together since high school in the 80's.......but then he is not a Mills and Boon type of man as he said :) So maybe in another 10 years his friend may become his partner....

Sorry I could not resist :)

Well he said they have been together since high school in the 80's.......but then he is not a Mills and Boon type of man as he said :) So maybe in another 10 years his friend may become his partner....

Sorry I could not resist :)

Lol,all good,happy days!

No,we first dated when we were IN high school........ :cool:

Thats a long time ago,obviously.We caught up again last year,the rest is history.

Lol,all good,happy days!

No,we first dated when we were IN high school........ :cool:

Thats a long time ago,obviously.We caught up again last year,the rest is history.

I doubt that the partner visa is one they will qualify for based on what you've said. I can't see there is enough supporting evidence to show you as a de facto couple.

As has been said the prospective marriage visa is an option if you wish to marry in the future. You only get 9 months timeframe to marry in though.

I doubt that the partner visa is one they will qualify for based on what you've said. I can't see there is enough supporting evidence to show you as a de facto couple.

As has been said the prospective marriage visa is an option if you wish to marry in the future. You only get 9 months timeframe to marry in though.

I agree with Snifter... if you are in a "sort of relationship" then you really need to show proof or go the Prospective Marriage Visa route. I understand that you both may never want to get married but if you want to be together in Oz then it may be your only option. You can get married at a Registry Office or in any place of your choosing with a Celebrant for very little money or fuss. I get the not getting married but living together thing, I did it for 12 years with my ex (my choice) but then again I guess I always knew in my heart that it was not a forever thing.

Archived