current quotes for 20ft container?

Benoli

anyone got current quotes for a 20ft container? (We're moving from Scotland to Adelaide) we would just like to compare with others to get an idea of what an average fee is........obviously a bit of haggling is involved to get them down to as low as possible :D

am I right in thinking freight costs went up at the beginning of this month? I guess this means that current prices will be higher than say those who got quotes for January :sad:

Tazzamaraz can I ask you how this process worked. Did you have to get your own boxes and wrapping and how does this work out for clearance at the Australian side? Is the container delivered to your address and its just a case of unloading or is there more organising to do when it comes into port? Iv only read about the movers coming in and doing it for you. Thanks for any info you can give as not sure if we have the £6/7k for the movers to come in & do it for us.

i hope anyone who has shipped recently or has just got quotes can post on here who they used or price they was quoted so me and maybe others have a price to kind of go by,i suppose there is location etc etc but in the end im sure most people the quotes are all pretty close in price,im just wondering when it comes to my quotes when i get them to quote if it will be near what others have been paying or got quoted

I've had two companies round. They both quoted for share of 20ft container or sole use. The sole use was £3600 and £3850 (roughly) I could share for about 500 cheaper but probably will go sole use. This is excluding insurance, aqis fees, and indemnity for cleaning the container. If you want to know more you can pm me. Hope it helps!

I have been quoted by crown £5334 including Aqis fee but not insurance and I have john mason coming on Friday but they have said on the phone it will be around £3500 - £4000 based on a 20ft container from the midlands to Canberra.

I have been quoted by crown £5334 including Aqis fee but not insurance and I have john mason coming on Friday but they have said on the phone it will be around £3500 - £4000 based on a 20ft container from the midlands to Canberra.

This is not the first time i have read crown being so make me wonder how they can still be in business with so many going less keep these quotes coming as im interested to find out what you guys are being quoted,also does the quotes make any difference in your location in the uk and say where in oz its going as perth is closer to uk right than say east coast?

Its better if you can pack your own goods and take them to the shippers yard where they then can be loaded into your container, I had a quote of £1250 for this but then I would need to hire a van and take my goods from Sheffield to Portsmouth, still cheeper than a shipping company coming to my house with 2 men then them doing the packing and loading the container outside the house.

Not many shipping companies found on a google search will tell you this though, I stumbled upon it by chance when shipping my car.

Shipping costs have just gone up. 15% is what we have been told, I think that was from the 1st March - bummer as we are moving in May. A 20Ft should be about £4000, we have just booked a 40Ft from Scotland to Perth WA for £6500 and that includes AQIS.

we had Bishops move John Mason and Crown out..john mason & crown came across much better Crown edged it for me but were more exspensive so negotiated there fee down to 4100 same as John Mason quoted excluding aquis fee that is Cardiff to Perth .

Can anyone tell me how you arrange shipping if you don't yet have an address? Can you ship to say Sydney and then give them an exact address later? Still trying to work out how to rent from UK. Seems you need to be there to view property etc. what do others do? Moving with 3 kids so hotel not an option. Holiday accommodation?

I believe from friends that have moved - they choose for a week or so self catering holiday homes/apartments.

I guess they can be more expensive that getting a rented straight away but allow you time to find long term accommodation and I am with you hotels do not work with kids :-)

Direct door to door in 2011 was about £4500 for a full 20ft container - sole use. All export packed and unpacked, dismantled, reassembled and disposal of rubbish. That was with shore porters.

Going back again this year - only need 300cu/ft and it's costing £1700 through Clark & Rose.

We had PSS, Doree Bonner and Crown round for quotes, Doree bonner was lowest but could quite trust the guy. Crown were the highest but included all things like Asquith and any tailor made wooden crates need, PSS charge £150 for each crate they make and we needed 2 so taking that into account PSS and Crown came out about the same.

We paid just under £5000 when we included all the insurance for a 20ft sole use, it came really quickly, door to door in less than 8 weeks, we had no breakages and the 2 guys who unpacked were really hard working and helpful.

We had friends who shared a container, it took nearly 4 months to arrive, by that point you have nearly bought everything they needed so ended up with 2 of everything.

Archived