Citizenship 26th Jan 2013

nik_kershaw

hi guys and girls

Well it looks like after flying over here over 4 years ago I might be attending a citizenship ceremony in Queanbeyan on Australia Day at the park behind the police station.

I came home from my week away in Merimbula to find a letter from DIAC stating I have passed everything and that all I have to go is attend the cerimony that the council will arrange.

I will be on the phone tomorrow to the council to see if there is any chance for me to get in on the Australia Day ceremony.

Anyone else looking to attend a citizenship ceremony on the same day?

I don't, I have a letter from DIAC stating that the local council will be in contact to arrange a date but as far as DIAC are concerned, I have done everything that they require.

I am going to contact the council today to see if I can get the 26th Jan as another date maybe hard for me to attend

Sent from my iPhone Living the dream

I tried to call them yesterday however I was informed that the mayors office was closed until the 7th Jan. from looking at the council's website it looks like they only do it once a year, something which if I don't get in this year I may have moved and my new local council will have to do.

Anyway, fingers crossed for the 7th

Sent from my iPhone Living the dream

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived