Which airline is best??

DenKav

I'm just about to book my flight for February & obviously cost is a major deciding factor. The cheapest I have found are from china southern airlines, KLM, air France & Malaysia airlines. The reviews aren't good for any of these airlines but does anybody have first hand experience of any of these & would you recommend using any of these airlines? Thanks

China southern, and Air France are four star airlines, like Emirates, BA and Qantas

Malaysia is a five star airline, like Singapore airlines

I wouldn't hesitate to book with any of them. Malaysia would be my pick out of those four, but only because they fly direct to Adelaide, and that's where I live.

Ok thanks for all the advice. I will have to do a bit more research. I would ideally like to fly from Birmingham as that is where I live but have only found flights from china south from Birmingham. This sounds like the worst airline but I'm tempted to just go with them & suffer for the 28 hours as it is cheapest & easier than travelling to London or Manchester. Which sites do people use to search? I've searched lots of sites but the cheapest I have found is on travel supermarket.com or is it cheaper to try to book direct with the airline? Thanks for the help

Emirates get my vote. Flown long hall a number of times with them and always been excellent. We flew with our two young sons to Australia back at Easter and again were excellent. Dubai to Sydney on the A380 was great - my eldest son was treated to a wee tour of upstairs by the cabin crew.

hi I always go emirates these days as they fly from Birmingham. I have traveled Malaysian in the past to Australia and last year to borneo they are good I would go with them from Manchester if u think emirates is too pricey from Birmingham. I use airnet.co.UK But it's often cheaper to book on emirates site direct

Edited by wolvesaussie

Thanks for all the advice. It's much appreciated. Although unfortunately I don't think I can afford to be picky. I have checked flights again & the airlines that most of you suggest costs about £100 more than china southern & I would also have to fly from heathrow or Manchester which would mean a coach fare on top. I cannot justify spending an extra £100+ for one flight when I could end up needing the money at a later date. I appreciate all the advice though & hopefully if I do book china south then it won't be too painful!

I fly a lot with work - was until recently doing the equivalant of UK to Oz every 6 weeks.

My recomendations are in order that i would use:

1 Singapore

2 Malaysia

3 South African

4 Emirates

5 Quantas

6 Cathay

I wouldnt fly China for long haul. Have used them in China on domestics, but wouldnt long haul. Likewise i wouldnt go with Royal Brunai as i like a beer or three on a flight and their flights are dry.

Emirates fly from Manchester and you will also get 30kg of luggage allowance.

I wouldn't go Air France.....CDG nightmare.

I know that sometimes you want to save money - but with a long flight like that - you will wish you didnt.

I once went Lufthansa, to Singapore and Tiger Airways to Darwin. Was not a great time, no TV just big one, and food not great, very budget, and uncomfortable.

Just flew Malaysia, they were ok apart from losing my daughters buggy, and BA lost my bag the time before. Qantas and Emirates are both good.

oh tiger to Singapore is that cost savings method. looking for one since air Asia stopped flying to London. I remember when I first got to UK u could get one way flights to Sydney on Teletext for 200 or less. I think one of monarch Thomson etc used to have charter flights they used to sell empty seats off last min. wish still had that option

I really don't know what to do for the best. I am tempted to just book the cheaper flight with china southern, (which has gone down in price by £5 since the last time I checked) which flies from Birmingham. Or book the £100 more expensive flight with Malaysia or Singapore which I would have to travel to London or manchester for. I am not very fussy when it comes to travelling, so I think I will save the £100 and hassle of having to get to Manchester or London & just book the china southern flight & hope for the best. This now raises my next question... When is the best time to book? I thought earlier would be better but the prices have came down up until now so is it worth waiting a bit longer or get it booked ASAP? Thanks

Just booked my flight. I decided to take all of the advice & paid the extra to fly with Singapore airlines. Flying from Manchester on 20th February. Cost me £90 more than the cheapest flight but 28 hours is a long time to be uncomfortable for the sale of £90. Now I had better start preparing, exciting times! Thanks for all the advice

I'm just about to book my flight for February & obviously cost is a major deciding factor. The cheapest I have found are from china southern airlines, KLM, air France & Malaysia airlines. The reviews aren't good for any of these airlines but does anybody have first hand experience of any of these & would you recommend using any of these airlines? Thanks

Hi we have just booked flights for april to Canberra with Qantas and got a good price through thomas cook.