Labour agreement

SKIPPY59

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that a couple of you paid for VETASSESS although im not sure whether that was through WWR.

We did we paid in full and sent scanned copies,I have just been reading on the VETASSESS website and read that they only except originals and that they do not take the amount in full they take there money a each stage, So basically what im saying is they have stolen my money!

What else can i say?!

We paid £275 to wwr back in September, I`ve just found the receipt, and it clearly states that it was a non refundable admin fee. However, we have still scanned all qualifications and certificates, passports, marriage and birth certificates, and references, which is a bit worrying.

On the plus side, there seems to have been quite an influx of new jobs being advertised over the weekend, definately much more than of late (I know because I apply for about 20 a day) but still the same old problem, even if you are a good fit for the job, they wont touch you with a bargepole if you`re on a L.A.

I would love to believe that we could be over there before 20th March, because I dont qualify under a normal 457 visa, thats why I dont want to confront anyone just yet, in case they CAN pull something out of the hat...this is my only hope.

Edited by weldaboy46

We've had no reply from OBI whatsoever (emailed over a week ago) and also nothing from downunder placements either.
H

Hi - I was offered the 457 LA through DownunderPlacements - paid an admin fee £275 but was never asked to get Vetassess or IELTS [we already have them anyway] - and as you say haven't heard anything from them. However OBI responded this morning saying they never made any promises and can only sponsor a 457 visa once a job has been offered. The market has well and truly slowed down in Oz so it will take a lot longer to get there i'm afraid.

Did WWR make promises?

I emailed WWR yesterday and a got a reply,

We are in Australia right now talking to other Companies for you and other Candidates Employment, we are returning next week, soon as we arrive back will arrange those Certificates.

Plus we are handing out your Resume to a Vast number of WA Companies, as this is your 1st Choice, as soon as we do have a BITE to your Employment we will be directly in contact with you.

Sincerely

Janice

What do you think?

I emailed WWR yesterday and a got a reply,

We are in Australia right now talking to other Companies for you and other Candidates Employment, we are returning next week, soon as we arrive back will arrange those Certificates.

Plus we are handing out your Resume to a Vast number of WA Companies, as this is your 1st Choice, as soon as we do have a BITE to your Employment we will be directly in contact with you.

Sincerely

Janice

What do you think?

How convenient! As soon as you question them, they are out of the country. I would not rely on these people at all. By all means go along with them, but do not give them any money, you should not have to pay a labour hire company, they earn their money by charging the companies who take you on a much higher hourly rate than they will pay you, that is why they will be having so much trouble trying to talk companies in to working with them. I really hope you all get here one way or another but please do not pin all you hopes on these people, is there no way you can get a skilled visa? or keep approaching companies yourself for sponsorship, good luck.

First off clara111, although you could come out on a tourist visa with your children, your husbands visa would then be invalid. On a whv you can't have any children in the country at the same time as you, even if they are not with you.

Next, I'm so sorry you have been strung along like this, and it really looks like you have. Labour agreements are hardly ever used and it sounds like this 'company' has taken advantage of people not knowing much about it.

[h=2]Hi all, I was just browsing PIO and found this which was posted by Jules2409 (sorry I couldn't link it any other way than copying and pasting). We are currently waiting to hear from WWR regarding a 457 but after reading this, and the fact we have two children and could be asked to leave within 28 days if the work dries up, I don't know if the risk is worth it? Read on and see what you think?.........

Death threats over 457 visa[/h]

This doesn't concern British migrants but nonetheless is an indication of the mood in certain trades towards migrants being brought in on 457 visas. I read the full story in the Financial Review today but can only find this on-line

http://www.menafn.com/menafn/ec0cdc6f-76ab-4ed4-a806-4f149c240afd/Death-threats-over-457-visas?src=MWHEAD

In searching for that article I came across this, which also talks about some of the issues 457 workers face

We came over 4 years ago on a 457 visa but had sufficient points for skilled migration and my OH had already passed his skills assessment, the 457 was just a way of getting here faster and with an assisted relocation. I didn't think at the time 'what if we don't get PR' i simply assumed we would, I think that was very naive now and unless you are happy to accept you can be asked to leave the country in 28 days I wouldn't recommend anyone taking a 457.

If you add to that a less than joyous welcome by your new workmates or exploitation from your boss and it could be a nightmare. Jules2409

i read this earlier too,its a risk this visa but we all know it,its cheaper and quicker but my god is it hard to findto a sponsor,i dont know exactly whats gone on over there but the work is as dry as the uk,im sure it will all calm down,im not relying on the 457 now and have put in EOI for others see what happens i suppose?

Im totally useless with immigration stuff but how come you need to pay someone for this when your the one doing all the work?

I have very limited knowledge of labour agreements but when i looked into it i thought it was just companies who applied for one and it was usually jobs that were harder to sponsor through the 457 - like agricultural jobs etc

Im totally useless with immigration stuff but how come you need to pay someone for this when your the one doing all the work?

I have very limited knowledge of labour agreements but when i looked into it i thought it was just companies who applied for one and it was usually jobs that were harder to sponsor through the 457 - like agricultural jobs etc

Yes, you shouldn't have to be doing the work.

Lots of trade jobs are near impossible to find sponsors for as they tend to employ people on a casual or self employed basis. To be able to sponsor for a 457 visa you need to have so many perminent staff. The labour agreement apparently used to be used a lot for this type of job. Apparently in the last few years it has also become very hard to get. I don't know of anyone who has come over this way.

I contacted obi before because we were exploring all options and had read that they had jobs for machinery operators. They were looking for agricultural workers which dave had done before but had been a while and had no qualifications for this so wasnt likely to be a option. They seemed nice enough - i dont know much else about them.

The other one - im afraid ive heard bad things about them. So have you paid them money and not heard back from him?

I've had emails from WWR Janice totally contradicting herself as I've spoke with vetassess, there's a file open but no evidence so money would have been told and we were told they the Certs!

Sounds like time to get your money back from these people and forget about using them. Would you trust anything they said after this?

Defo not but how the hell do you get your dollar back ?

I have a receipt with a bank account on that it was put into would this help, all I want is my money back so I can actually do vetassess properly, who had done vetassess? Do you have a technical interview a d do you pay in full right away? Please answer someone, thanks guys x

One thing also that is probably quite important is, how did you get In contact with WWR because I was given the details in a private message on here by a member, did anyone else get approached in this way? I have contacted the member but as you can guess no reply, Just to let you all know also WWR has been on pomsinoz in the last few days, so my guess is they are reading this thread!

One thing also that is probably quite important is, how did you get In contact with WWR because I was given the details in a private message on here by a member, did anyone else get approached in this way? I have contacted the member but as you can guess no reply, Just to let you all know also WWR has been on pomsinoz in the last few days, so my guess is they are reading this thread!

So a person randomly messaged you touting their company? Probably worth reporting that message! Hopefully they can stop anyone else being conned.

Good so they will know they have been found out!