Timeline~ SUBCLASS 300 PROSPECTIVE MARRIAGE

Mayonaise

Hi All ..

SUBCLASS 300 Prospective marriage visa

Has anyone any information on the timeline for applying for the above?

My application went in on the 1st August and the Medical sent 17th August ... All documents and letters were submitted. We have not received ANY questions or been asked for futher evidence / documents ....

Just ANXIOUS as hell and need to be with my Fiance!!!!! xxxxxxxxx:arghh:

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest76386

Think you will find application period is 8-9 mnths now for pmv visas lodged in August. Before July it was 5-6mnths. timeframes increased. Its a pain I know. Can always go out on a tourist Visa until its the Pmv is submitted. Just have to be offshore when its approved.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Future in Oz ... thanks for the reply .... what month did you apply for yours and when did you get it granted? ...

Mine is just for me (no kids etc) so I thought would be incredibly straight forward as I sent EVERYTHING (including Medical and police check along within 2 weeks of the application)

Do you think they say 8-9 months to be on the safe side (incase there are any queries with documents ets)

Also - how did they inform you of your successful application (email / letter / phone?)

P.S Congratulations in you move xxx you must be so happy :-)

:cute:

If they say 8-9 months, this is how long it will take. This is due planning levels of number of visa granted each month.

Basically you are in a que, just need to wait.

You should get an email when your visa is granted.

You can travel to Australia on tourist visa while you wait, but you would need to inform CO that you are doing this - as you will need to leave Australia for the visa to be granted.

• 1 month later...
Guest GeorgeD
Have you got a CO?

I got my visa granted in 4 months!!!

Hi Party, welcome to PIO!

When did you get your visa, was it recently or a while ago?

• 2 months later...
Hi All ..

SUBCLASS 300 Prospective marriage visa

Has anyone any information on the timeline for applying for the above?

My application went in on the 1st August and the Medical sent 17th August ... All documents and letters were submitted. We have not received ANY questions or been asked for futher evidence / documents ....

Just ANXIOUS as hell and need to be with my Fiance!!!!! xxxxxxxxx:arghh:

Hey Mayonaise, any word on your visa yet? We (my fiance!) applied first week of September 2012. Very anxious to get the visa as my fiance has been offered work from one of his mates if he can get the visa within the next two months, so he just wants it ASAP!

It's very painful waiting!

Hiya,

I sent my application in February, I have a CO but she has informed me that the visa process is 8-9 months. My wedding is already organised for October so its cutting it close but the CO said that if we get married before the visa is granted then they will be able to change the status on the visa and continue the process as normal.

Quick question, I know you have to be offshore when the visa is granted but if I tell my CO that I will be going to Oz, will she let me know in advance of it being granted so i can leave the country?

H x

• 4 weeks later...
Hiya,

I sent my application in February, I have a CO but she has informed me that the visa process is 8-9 months. My wedding is already organised for October so its cutting it close but the CO said that if we get married before the visa is granted then they will be able to change the status on the visa and continue the process as normal.

Quick question, I know you have to be offshore when the visa is granted but if I tell my CO that I will be going to Oz, will she let me know in advance of it being granted so i can leave the country? H x

Hi Cookieh.

I've had quite a lot of correspondence with my CO- probably because I ask a lot of questions though! I am in the same position as you. I applied three weeks ago and will be going to Australia end of June on a tourist visa (although I am thinking of changing this to a work and holiday visa)

My CO informed me that I will have to be outside of Oz for at least three days in order for my visa to be granted...and that she would contact me via email typically. But in answer to your question, if you advise them you will be onshore, they will give you notice and allow you to travel offshore in order to grant the visa. When I say 'notice' this could me a couple of weeks or a week. Lets hope there are cheap flights to NZ!

Good luck...

My partner (UK citizen) has just applied for prospective marriage visa mid march. Currently he is on a working holiday visa in New Zealand so it is being processed there. Unfortunately for us the wait time is even longer we have been told 12 months. This means we will miss our wedding date and will have to reschedule.

It might be worth having a chat with your CO regarding your wedding date and what can be done so you can continue the process and also go ahead with your arranged wedding. It is compulsory to include your wedding date as part of your application so they will be aware of it. I was told that even if we got married before the visa ia granted, it wouldnt alter the process and we could continue. This could also be the case for you? Where do you intend on getting married?

Hi cookieh we haven't even started planning our wedding. We have quite a few hurdles to overcome before even thinking about a wedding. My partners NZ working visa expires in Oct so we are not sure if they will renew it for a third year or if not where he will go after that. We will still have a 5 month wait for PMV to come through. Initially we though pmv would come through as working visa ended but with a 12 month wait this isnt going to work. He would like to spend dec and jan in Aus on tourist visa but if he has to go back to UK this wont be possible.

Unfortuately all of these options cost a lot of money meaning less for our wedding. We would like to change the date to a later one to give us more time to save and allow his family to save to be able to fly to aus. We have spoken to our celebrant and given the circumstance she has said she can be flexible with the date.

Its such a shame because we had everything planned to fit a 7-8 month processing time.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my recent correspondence with my CO, I was informed that the Immigration office is currently granting visas for those applications lodged in January. Mine was submitted in February and I was told that it could potentially be granted by the end of this month or end of september at the latest! Such a nervous wait as my wedding is in October and obviously I also have to fly back and forth from Oz to validate the visa once it has been granted! Fingers crossed!

Archived