190 Visa lodged August 2012

pswebb38

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi bubbe2005,

We've already done our PCC checks back in April and uploaded them on the online system.

As far as I know we've got nothing else left to do (famous last words!)

form 80? i'm not sure if that form is voluntary or required??

you should get a CO soon! keep us up to date when you do :)

Hi I am a new member and find this really helpful, thank you on providing your timeline up till now. I lodged a 175 in May and due to a few small oversights our app was refused. We were devastated and are now looking to hire an immigration lawyer. Really thought that we were knowledgeable enough to do this ourselves but there is so much red tape and with the change in process from July, it's starting from scratch again. Fingers crossed the lawyer we're using (Immigration Downunder) will push this through for us.

Hi. If it's ok with you, can I ask if what criteria you did not meet that caused the rejection? Thanks

Hi bubbe2005,

We've already done our PCC checks back in April and uploaded them on the online system.

As far as I know we've got nothing else left to do (famous last words!)

I called my clinic too and they already submitted the results. Hoping we could a get a CO this week :). I applied mine on 17th Aug.

Hi I am a new member and find this really helpful, thank you on providing your timeline up till now. I lodged a 175 in May and due to a few small oversights our app was refused. We were devastated and are now looking to hire an immigration lawyer. Really thought that we were knowledgeable enough to do this ourselves but there is so much red tape and with the change in process from July, it's starting from scratch again. Fingers crossed the lawyer we're using (Immigration Downunder) will push this through for us.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your application

Edited by Home

form 80? i'm not sure if that form is voluntary or required??

you should get a CO soon! keep us up to date when you do :)

Uploaded the Form 80 today.

On the home page where you can see the list of several documents which has to be uploaded, "Required" was mentioned against "Complete character assessment.......... - Form 80", while it was mentioned as "Recommended" for few others such as evidence of Australian work experience, etc.

How long did it take before you got a CO katiem?

Hi,

I chased for a health ID so I could book my medicals and was emailed by a Client Support Officer who copied in my Case Officer and included her details 6th Sep. I then received an email from her 10th Sep to request the further information. So although I didn't receive any correspondance until 10th, it seems I was already assigned and my details were already being reviewed by her.

Edited by Katiem

Hi,

I chased for a health ID so I could book my medicals and was emailed by a Client Support Officer who copied in my Case Officer and included her details 6th Sep. I then received an email from her 10th Sep to request the further information. So although I didn't receive any correspondance until 10th, it seems I was already assigned and my details were already being reviewed by her.

So how long was it from submitting your visa to getting your CO?

Hi guys, just checked my diac account and saw that there were two entries for the IELTS evidence. Since I already uploaded my test results, one was 'Received' and the other one is 'Required'. Should I upload it again for the 'Required'?

Can't understand why we still haven't got a CO yet. It's been 5 weeks since we lodged our 190, and starting to get a bit frustrated now, especially as a few people have got theirs who lodged just before us.

Anyone heard of any delays at all?

My wife is gonna phone them tomorrow morning to see if she can find anything out.

Our medicals were uploaded via ehealth on 10th Sept but it still doesn't show on our online application that they have been received.

Am i getting paranoid?

Can't understand why we still haven't got a CO yet. It's been 5 weeks since we lodged our 190, and starting to get a bit frustrated now, especially as a few people have got theirs who lodged just before us.

Anyone heard of any delays at all?

My wife is gonna phone them tomorrow morning to see if she can find anything out.

Our medicals were uploaded via ehealth on 10th Sept but it still doesn't show on our online application that they have been received.

Am i getting paranoid?

Someone from expatforum who lodged on 23rd aug. was granted a visa just recently. Hoping it won't be too long for us.

So how long was it from submitting your visa to getting your CO?

Oh sorry ... it was exactly 4 weeks between lodging and getting an email from my CO.

Don't worry too much. For all you know, you may already have a CO assessing your application and they don't require more information yet or something? If you give them a ring, someone will be able to check for you I'm sure :) I think a CO has to update your document status manually so if you have items shown as "received", I think it means you have someone working on it.

Guest majinjin25

Hello guys, please advise-- i am kind of lost...

I’ve applied for 190 on Aug 13 and sent all the required docs over. Two weeks ago I got an email from Adelaide Team2 asking me to fill out Form 80 and do Medical, and at the bottom of the email had an officer’s name so I assume he is my CO.

I did all as listed and emailed back to adelaide.gsm.team2@immi.gov.au with a couple questions that I had. But since then I haven’t got any replies back from them. On the auto-reply, it says they will reply within 7 days but they just simply disappear???

I thought I could use the link below to check status by my own, but it always gives me an internal error. I am quite worried what is going on. Any ideas? Thanks!

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

Hello guys, please advise-- i am kind of lost...

I’ve applied for 190 on Aug 13 and sent all the required docs over. Two weeks ago I got an email from Adelaide Team2 asking me to fill out Form 80 and do Medical, and at the bottom of the email had an officer’s name so I assume he is my CO.

I did all as listed and emailed back to adelaide.gsm.team2@immi.gov.au with a couple questions that I had. But since then I haven’t got any replies back from them. On the auto-reply, it says they will reply within 7 days but they just simply disappear???

I thought I could use the link below to check status by my own, but it always gives me an internal error. I am quite worried what is going on. Any ideas? Thanks!

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

You have got to take a chill pill,don't worry so much,it's not good for the skin:).Yes,I believe you have a CO but just check whether it says case officer (this is a CO who actually processes your application) or client support officer (this is the one assigned straight after visa application submission that tells you to be patient if you're having issues uploading docs etc and is not your case officer).The rumour circulating around expat forum is that Team 2 (for a CO) is the less investigative one while Team 33 does more thorough checks.I have no clue if this is true but if it is,and you do indeed have a CO,your visa should be granted soon.The grants have already started so relax...