190 Visa lodged August 2012

pswebb38

Guest melanie79
My application status shows Application Received. When it will go to In Progress? I submitted my application and paid fee on 27th August.

Sometimes diac doesn't update the status at all& u only know when u get a co appointed! My status is the same yours & i lodged in June.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ... I was trying to jump the gun a little so to speak and tried to book a medical today for just under 2 weeks time in the hope that I'll have a CO by then and so I could pick a good time for me.

According to the Clinic I chose, they physically cannot make me an appointment for me before my TRN goes live on their system. Has anyone else come across this? So many people seem to front load their results that I thought there'd be no problem?!

I tried that but it was over 12mb and the limit is 5mb per document

You may use Adobe Acrobat Professional version to optimize the pdf file size, join pdf and jpg files and separate pages from a multi-page file. By installing DoPdf (freeware), you can generate pdf file from your Word, Excel or jpg files by running Print command and selecting DoPdf as your printer.

Guest melanie79

hi katiem,

i rang my local clinic today today to do the sam as you (i havent got co yet but reckon wont be too long & would make an appointment) but they didnt say anything like that too me. so from what im understanding from your post when you say the TRN goes live, is that when a co is appointed? i dont understand either then how a medical can be front loaded?! maybe someone who has done this will be along shortly to let us know?!![

QUOTE=Katiem;1935950556]Well ... I was trying to jump the gun a little so to speak and tried to book a medical today for just under 2 weeks time in the hope that I'll have a CO by then and so I could pick a good time for me.

According to the Clinic I chose, they physically cannot make me an appointment for me before my TRN goes live on their system. Has anyone else come across this? So many people seem to front load their results that I thought there'd be no problem?!

hi katiem,

i rang my local clinic today today to do the sam as you (i havent got co yet but reckon wont be too long & would make an appointment) but they didnt say anything like that too me. so from what im understanding from your post when you say the TRN goes live, is that when a co is appointed? i dont understand either then how a medical can be front loaded?! maybe someone who has done this will be along shortly to let us know?!![

QUOTE=Katiem;1935950556]Well ... I was trying to jump the gun a little so to speak and tried to book a medical today for just under 2 weeks time in the hope that I'll have a CO by then and so I could pick a good time for me.

what does 'front load' results mean?

I think it means getting your meds (and police clearance if applicable) done and having them submitting by the examiner before you get a CO.If 189/190 visa applicants are to have a CO within 4 weeks of lodgement,it'd make sense to book in early but,it seems the process hasn't quite been streamlined.

Have any of you guys attached a Form 80 to your visa applications yet, or are you gonna wait until asked by a CO?

You should, I think the more complete your application is the faster it is going to be processed. They go pretty fast with this new system.

Well ... I was trying to jump the gun a little so to speak and tried to book a medical today for just under 2 weeks time in the hope that I'll have a CO by then and so I could pick a good time for me.

You should call +61 1300 364 613 and ask for an ehealth ID. Based on our experience, you should be able to use that ID to book your medical exams. The clinic, which we went for our exams, could not locate us in the system at the beginning, however they managed to find us using our ehealth IDs. They completed our exams and uploaded the results to ehealth in the same day and a few hours later our 475 visa was granted.

Good luck with your application

I think it means getting your meds (and police clearance if applicable) done and having them submitting by the examiner before you get a CO.If 189/190 visa applicants are to have a CO within 4 weeks of lodgement,it'd make sense to book in early but,it seems the process hasn't quite been streamlined.

Yes, that's what I meant ... sorry if it wasn't clear :cute:

Thank you Home, I'll try that early next week if I haven't got a CO. I know there's no real rush but I don't have any medical centres particularly close so will have to book leave from work and luckily, I have a few days already booked mid Sep to get other things done which I could combine with the medical. I'd like to make sure I can get an appointment that works for me basically.

To be honest, it's all a bit niggly with the new system isn't it! On the DIAC website it says "If your application is in Priority Group 3, or was lodged within one month of the dates listed in the Allocation table above for Priority Groups 4 or 5, you can proceed with health and character clearances before your application is allocated." But the medical centres are unable to complete without the right references :(

Guest melanie79

sorry for the delay! yeah it is what the others have said, getting medical & police checks done before co formally request them

Edited by melanie79
spelling mistake

You should call +61 1300 364 613 and ask for an ehealth ID. Based on our experience, you should be able to use that ID to book your medical exams. The clinic, which we went for our exams, could not locate us in the system at the beginning, however they managed to find us using our ehealth IDs. They completed our exams and uploaded the results to ehealth in the same day and a few hours later our 475 visa was granted.

this applies to overseas applicants? Did you not have a TRN number to book your medicals?

Looking for some help, what documents do I need for 190 visa, looked at copies of form 26. Do I need to get certified copies of birth certificates etc then scan them in.

Any help would be greatful.

If your documents (including your birth certificate) are in English and not in black and white, just do the color scan and upload them, if they are in black and white you have to make certified copies of the originals.

Hi guys i know we are a a way behind you but we have been invited to apply for 190 but when we are filling in our work info its says leave current job date to field empty but its not letting me do this and say it is a compulsory field? any ideas?

Put the date in of the day you are filling out the application,I think we did this on ours.

Hi HOME,

Whereabouts did you have your medicals done out of interest?

Just wondering if anyone has got a case officer yet?

We submitted our visa on 15th August, got our acknowledgement letter a week later, and not heard from a CO yet.

They say you should get a CO within 4 weeks, is this from date of application or from when send you the acknowledgement letter?

Just wondering if anyone has got a case officer yet?

We submitted our visa on 15th August, got our acknowledgement letter a week later, and not heard from a CO yet.

They say you should get a CO within 4 weeks, is this from date of application or from when send you the acknowledgement letter?

I'd say give it another week or 2.