190 Visa lodged August 2012

pswebb38

Thought I would start this thread for the lucky few of us who have been able to lodge a 190 visa application, as I think it will help finding out timescales etc.

As you can see from my signature, we received a case officer today, and have booked our medicals for 3rd September. Has anyone else got a CO yet?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would start this thread for the lucky few of us who have been able to lodge a 190 visa application, as I think it will help finding out timescales etc.

As you can see from my signature, we received a case officer today, and have booked our medicals for 3rd September. Has anyone else got a CO yet?

I will be following your timeline. Thanks

Amazing! Congrats! you seem to be the first one who got a CO. We are still waiting in here...

Guest CrowsAdl

Hey pswebb38

R u able to attach the documents to ur application using this crap online system? Have been trying a week, only uploaded two files...How can u manage to sumbmit all your documents?Btw good luck with your application:)

Guest CrowsAdl

Hey

You can try email all your documents to GSM.documents@immi.gov.au, and give them some details about your application such as TRN, DOB, Passport No.

I went to DIAC's adl office, and this is the solution they gave to me. However, I sent my documents a week ago, and didnot get any acknowledge or reply, not sure it works or not.

I lodged my application on 11 Aug, no CO yet...

And I still can't login the website to check my application status, always 'the system is currently unavailable.."

I have reported this issue to DIAC, and they said they are working on this issue...but 10 day passed..the issue is still not fixed yet..

To pswebb38:

Are you sure that you got a case officer, not client support officer?

The guy who emailed us is a GSM support officer, which I read as 'case officer'.

Attached to the email were all our health ID's so we could book our medicals, and a letter confirming that our visa application has been assessed as being valid.

The only thing I can't do yet is choose the medical centre using the link on the document upload page.

For anyone having trouble uploading documents, try using the 'attach document' button in the top right hand corner of the screen instead of the button next to the document in the list. It still takes a long time to do each one but at least it gets the job done.

Guest winamp
The guy who emailed us is a GSM support officer, which I read as 'case officer'.

Attached to the email were all our health ID's so we could book our medicals, and a letter confirming that our visa application has been assessed as being valid.

The only thing I can't do yet is choose the medical centre using the link on the document upload page.

For anyone having trouble uploading documents, try using the 'attach document' button in the top right hand corner of the screen instead of the button next to the document in the list. It still takes a long time to do each one but at least it gets the job done.

Hey,

Just curios what is your Skills Title, you got a case officer in 6 days - Thats insane fast!

Congrats

Hey,

Just curios what is your Skills Title, you got a case officer in 6 days - Thats insane fast!

Congrats

My wife is a baker.

Unfortunately it wasn't a case officer that we got, it was just acknowledgement that our visa application had been received and assessed as being valid.

Just wondered if anyone else has attached a form 80 to their visa application yet? We've done ours, but had to break it up into about 3 or 4 sections as the whole document was too big to be attached in one go.

Just wondered if anyone else has done the same or managed to find a way to do it in one go?

Hi,

The easy way is to set a low resolution for the scan ( 75 dpi or so), another way is to install Acrobat Professional Pro 9, if you do not have one, install the trial version for 30 days, and then re-size your pdf file. We used the second option and managed to reduce the file size to less then 5 MB. I think they would prefer you to upload 1 complete file for form 80.

Good luck

Edited by Home

Guest preet26m

hi friends good to hear all about your visa process. i am new to apply for tra as fitter general . can anyone tell me the format how did u wrote your experience certificate. just tell how did u start leave duties and tasks those i have prepared. plz help me

Guest melanie79

i attached form 80 to my visa (the old 175) & i dont have a case officer yet. i think its personal choice, i wanted it out the way!!!

Have any of you guys attached a Form 80 to your visa applications yet, or are you gonna wait until asked by a CO?